Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:23:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Get involved in lost projects  (Read 775 times)
claudius135 (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:07:16 AM

Hello,

I am a software developer and fore some time I was in the blockchain area.
Given the fact that in the future I want to build a big service around the blockchain protocol I want to get involved first in a project that already exists.

After some research I choose CorgiCoin to be the project that I will follow.

In order to get more knowledge on how a small project can attract peoples I decided to start developing some features.

The old developers abandoned the project, but I don't know the reason for why they did it.

The purpose will be to get mainstream adoption because if we want to do something ... let's do it as best as we can.
Also the coin's main purpose will be the anonymity and privacy.

* For the moment I'm developing a website for the coin because the old one was a ugly Wordpress page.
* Create Bitcointalk, Facebook, Twitter, Steemit , Telegram/Discord/Slack accounts.
* I will start to develop a block-explorer for the coin in order for everybody to get comfortable with the coin
* The core code will need to be checked to see if there are any bugs that needs to be repaired.
* Some new wallets will be needed web/desktop/mobile ( also the wallets will have integration with TOR/I2P )
* Add feature for face-detection payment made from the unlocked wallet.
* Create a marketplace for the people to spread the project and also for their interest
* Create some mini gambling games like lottery's.
* Integrate zk-SNARKs algorithm in the core blockchain code to increase the anonymity of the users.

For sure will be many other improvements that can be made and will be discovered in time based also on the community needs.

If there are people that want's to get involved in this project it will be perfect as it will increase the mainstream adoption.

Thank you!
davis196

Activity: 2982
Merit: 914

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:17:01 AM

You are going to put some tremendous amount of work for this project and i`m not sure that you are going to
get any benefit from it.Building and  promoting an altcoin from scratch requires a dedicated team of developers with a big budget,not a single person without any money to invest.
Perhaps there`s a reason for this project to be abandoned by it`s developers.I can`t figure it out right now.
Good luck OP. Smiley

claudius135 (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 03:54:22 PM

For sure it will need a lot of time to be invested, but that's why we are engineers/developers.

For sure the coin will not have the money that an ICO has, but the help will come together with the features of the coin.

Thank you! Just keep an eye from time to time for this coin Smiley
guillzini

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:24:48 PM

Sounds like you're ready to put in a lot of work to improve your knowledge and experience. To mean that means that you have dedication to your field, which is great to see.

If you don't mind me asking: why didn't you choose to get involved with a new project that is launching an ICO? I believe dedicated and talented developers are sought after a lot..

Btw, I have a marketing and design background, so if you need a logo or some design, I might be of help Smiley
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 08:47:42 PM

Hello,

Given the fact that in the future I want to build a big service around the blockchain protocol I want to get involved first in a project that already exists.

In order to get more knowledge on how a small project can attract peoples I decided to start developing some features.

The old developers abandoned the project, but I don't know the reason for why they did it.

The purpose will be to get mainstream adoption because if we want to do something ... let's do it as best as we can.

* For the moment I'm developing a website for the coin because the old one was a ugly Wordpress page.
* Create Bitcointalk, Facebook, Twitter, Steemit , Telegram/Discord/Slack accounts.
* I will start to develop a block-explorer for the coin in order for everybody to get comfortable with the coin
* The core code will need to be checked to see if there are any bugs that needs to be repaired.
* Some new wallets will be needed web/desktop/mobile ( also the wallets will have integration with TOR/I2P )
* Create a marketplace for the people to spread the project and also for their interest
* Integrate zk-SNARKs algorithm in the core blockchain code to increase the anonymity of the users.

For sure will be many other improvements that can be made and will be discovered in time based also on the community needs.

If there are people that want's to get involved in this project it will be perfect as it will increase the mainstream adoption.

Thank you!

the old developers had their reasons why dont you just join a coin project that is emerging and that is actually good? I mean you should invest your time good after all

regards

claudius135 (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:01:46 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2017, 12:45:01 PM by claudius135

The new website will be released in a few days !!
guillzini

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 02:54:06 PM

Cool! I'll keep an eye on it. Don't forget to post a link up here, just for ease of use Smiley
sweetdesirez

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:19:54 PM

Is it like a 'My Journey' post and are you going to update the developments regularly or its just a post and forget topic just to increase your Activity count? Nevertheless, would love to see if you can develop something significant and out of the box.
claudius135 (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:47:35 PM

Cool! I'll keep an eye on it. Don't forget to post a link up here, just for ease of use Smiley

I will post the link of course.
Maybe this week or the next one I will make the website available also from the TOR network.
We'll see after the release of the website.
krigger

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:54:19 PM

CorgiCoin sounds a lot like Dogecoin. I dunno man, Dogecoin was cool for a year or so but nowadays it is nothing.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
claudius135 (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:11:13 PM

Is it like a 'My Journey' post and are you going to update the developments regularly or its just a post and forget topic just to increase your Activity count? Nevertheless, would love to see if you can develop something significant and out of the box.

As you can see I'm registered on the forum for some time and I don't think that my reason will be to make as many post as I can in order to increase my visibility, and to be honest I really don't care about it.

My plan is very strong by trying to make a difference started from almost nothing.
Keep on eye on the post as I will post more development  updates for the project.

In the future the topic will be moved into a separate and special post made for the project because this  one was not made to present the coin but to talk with the community about it's development side.
SouperNerd

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 09:12:01 PM

Hello,

Thank you!

Sounds like an awesome way to get your feet wet honestly. Googd Luck!
guillzini

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:10:43 PM

Hello everyone.
I know  that the first step is the most important and now we have a propper website for our project.
Keep and eye on the project  as more improvements will be made
For the moment the website is not hosted on a paid service as the community will want to make some rebranding of the project also changing the name of the project.

Until then take a look at it:
https://corgicoin.herokuapp.com/

Join us to the discord channel: https://discord.gg/wqcASqq

Thanks for the update and good to see you're progressing! I tried checking the website, but it seems to be pulling a lot of resources on my laptop and I can't figure out why. Maybe look at some optimisation solutions to speed things up? That's the only thing I can think of.

Does anyone else have this issue?
guillzini

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 06:10:48 PM

@claudius135 yes, the website did load, but all my fans started running high speed. Maybe because I was checking it on an older laptop. I'll check the website again on a different computer later and I'll let you know if the same thing happens again.

Keep up the good work, I'm very interested in where you're going with this Smiley
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 06:27:28 PM

I didn't believe you after reading the first post but then I saw your updated website,you got some skills man! [Don't tell me you ripped off the code from somewhere]
Why the website is still hosted on the HeroKu App? Why can't you host it on a paid server already ?

Will you be running an ICO after the successful launch of your new website/assembling a new team ? I'd like to see where this leads.Watching.

claudius135 (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:53:12 PM

I didn't believe you after reading the first post but then I saw your updated website,you got some skills man! [Don't tell me you ripped off the code from somewhere]
Why the website is still hosted on the HeroKu App? Why can't you host it on a paid server already ?

Will you be running an ICO after the successful launch of your new website/assembling a new team ? I'd like to see where this leads.Watching.

Thank you  @Patatas for your feedback

I'm not a front-end developer so the result is not so perfect but I tried to do my best and also to make it mobile responsive.

The code can be found on my repository and for sure it's not copy pasted from somewhere.

I don't think that at the moment we can talk about an ICO, but maybe when the project will have a bigger team and some more features that will be able to shape future for others.

About the hosting site on heroku is because this was just a test for a small feedback.
It will be hosted on a paid server soon.

What do you think about the name of the coin ? 
Because will matter for the domain name of the website.
jonnytracker

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:09:21 AM

you should ask why they abandon in the first place.. security flaws, lack of time.. why jump into something someone discard .. could be shit or gold
claudius135 (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:33:54 AM

From what I understood they lost their developer.
Maybe he was a scammer, maybe he didn't had time anymore to spend it on the project..

There is only one person @vashshawn that is trying to keep the project alive.
But there are no improvements made to it, so that's why i'm here.
spacecakes

Activity: 31

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:41:38 AM

It good to be involved in many project to fall back and live off thee investments that come out of the projects. I am working on a project my self abuot to direct a movie.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: