Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:34:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is Bitcoin/Cryptos changing your psychology, behavior, perception towards money
Yes - 2 (66.7%)
No - 1 (33.3%)
I don't know - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptopsycology - Is Bitcoin/Cryptos changing your psychology?  (Read 247 times)
krishnapramod (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 07:36:56 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2017, 08:22:50 AM by krishnapramod

Money does have a huge impact on the way we think and feel. It is associated with powerful emotions like anxiety, depression, anger, helplessness, happiness, excitement, envy, resentment.

The negative emotions associated with fiat currency is caused by it being a tool for servitude and slavery. Tax slavery, debt slavery, wage slavery. Being forced to use it, master vs slave, governments vs people.

Cryptopsycology

Crypto-psychology is the discipline of how cryptographic protocols, blockchain technology, and cypherpunk activity alter the way people understand money, money symbolism, and the behaviors and emotions they cause. Crypto-psychology examines human behavior from the perspective of blockchain systems and open source, peer-2-peer technologies.

Unlike fiat currency, Bitcoin/cryptos aren't associated with control and dominance, no authoritarian doctrines, no centralized entities, no master, no slave. A feeling of safety and security, happiness, freedom.

So is Bitcoin/cryptos changing your psychology, your behavior, your perception towards money? Compared to Fiat, are you experiencing nil or less negative emotions while using cryptos?

https://news.bitcoin.com/crypto-psychology-initiation-text-toward-understanding-money-symbolism/

https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-can-alter-psychology/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 08:17:52 AM

This is... interesting. My first thought was that it was incredible for a concept like Cryptosychology to exist, given the current obscure nature of cryptocurrencies in the bigger picture of the world. But then I read it and stumbled upon:

Since no formal research has been conducted, all I can do is speculate on how the differing forms of money symbolism alter individual psychology.

That's not to take away anything from the author of the article though. He did raise some very good points, and it is true that studies have been done about the psychological effects of money in general. It's not too far-fetched to think that crypto would have a different effect.

Personally though, I don't have too much of a distinction between fiat and Bitcoins when it comes to spending. They're tools I can use to purchase stuff with at the end of the day. Money does not evoke feelings of slavery or sorrow upon me, and neither does Bitcoin evoke feelings of freedom and happiness. I'm a simple person, I'm just happy enough to have some of both lol.

joseafonso123az

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 08:33:00 AM

A new word to our vocabulary!
Well, for me, any kind of currency won't change my psychological behaviour, because one day you have, the other you don't. It surely empowers us when e have it, because we can see that BTC value is ever growing, but shouldn't affect how we think, or how we behave. The concept of fiat and cryptos might be different, but they shouldn't make we think in a different manner, or express new feelings!
Thyaga

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 08:39:28 AM

Money does have a huge impact on the way we think and feel. It is associated with powerful emotions like anxiety, depression, anger, helplessness, happiness, excitement, envy, resentment.

The negative emotions associated with fiat currency is caused by it being a tool for servitude and slavery. Tax slavery, debt slavery, wage slavery. Being forced to use it, master vs slave, governments vs people.

Cryptopsycology

Crypto-psychology is the discipline of how cryptographic protocols, blockchain technology, and cypherpunk activity alter the way people understand money, money symbolism, and the behaviors and emotions they cause. Crypto-psychology examines human behavior from the perspective of blockchain systems and open source, peer-2-peer technologies.

Unlike fiat currency, Bitcoin/cryptos aren't associated with control and dominance, no authoritarian doctrines, no centralized entities, no master, no slave. A feeling of safety and security, happiness, freedom.

So is Bitcoin/cryptos changing your psychology, your behavior, your perception towards money? Compared to Fiat, are you experiencing nil or less negative emotions while using cryptos?

https://news.bitcoin.com/crypto-psychology-initiation-text-toward-understanding-money-symbolism/

https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-can-alter-psychology/
Ever since I knew the crypto currency I never asked for money from my parents and became not stingy because it is very easy to get a crypto currency.
krigger

Activity: 518

Presale is live!

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:46:52 PM

Bitcoin and cryptocurrency is definitely changing my psychology. How could it not? When you spend each day checking the BTC price many times and thinking about it, of course your psychology would change about money a lot from before.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██