Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:18:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fork time / bloody october?  (Read 1911 times)
rainbow169

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 08:55:04 PM

the Nov split is actually technically more tricky than the BCH folk, as the 2X intend to be the main chain upgrade rather than a fork. People are taking sides in the No2X and 2X fight. I believe there will still be drama ahead but keep faith. If bitcoin fails, the whole cryto will fail, and there are too much at stake so hopefully we will come to some sort of compromise. Then bitcoin will fly again.
Mihaylovic

Activity: 910
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 09:18:12 PM

I am expecting an opposite move this month. If everything would go as what everybody predict, everybody would be richer than god in this ecosystem. Surprises makes people rich. We can expect an opposite trend for this month  Grin
DanWagner

Activity: 214

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 09:24:10 PM

I am expecting an opposite move this month. If everything would go as what everybody predict, everybody would be richer than god in this ecosystem. Surprises makes people rich. We can expect an opposite trend for this month  Grin
Very hard to call , i expected a price decrease in august when the fork was happening then but not much happened.
I think this time will be the same.
yinyangwinwang

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 09:27:30 PM

Protect yourself by using proper risk management and other than that all you can do through a storm is try to weather it. Hold on for now, wait for sunny times coming soon. Winter is here, but we can out wait the storm.

DIGITIZECOIN.COM | 25% Bonus for Pre-Sale | Main-Sale April 22 2018
Made In Australia
▬▬▬ ■  WebsiteWhitepaper ■  ANN threadJoin Telegram ▬▬▬
Taya Afi

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 10:15:30 PM

my advice: buy cheaper, sell more.
and do not look at the price every second. very much you will be very nervous.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1219

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:37:05 AM

Is this the beginning? How do you prepare your investments...?  Huh Huh Huh

The beginning of what?

Your account history shows it was opened on July 15. It means you witnessed the August 1 fork then. You know we all survived it. So, why the apprehension now with this purported upcoming fork, OP? You may want to edit the thread topic not to sound questionably alarmist.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
anotherbit

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:57:00 AM

Will be this time the sam like with BCH, so the most good options is now fiat, and before fork transfer in BTC and send to exchange, where you get free BCH or other coin?

I think because mostly people will await BCH scenario it will not happen again. Also BCH was backed by China largest miners and others..Segwit2x is not backed by same peoples.

If I had some free money I would bet to BCH. I think it could be pumped more again.

But seriously all this forks situation is looking very comic.

Bitcoin is not developing anymore it is forking to minor updates.

And this minor fork updates could seriously harm Bitcoin in future. It is allready now so many confusion about Bitcoin and BCH adresses..Money lost forever. But more forks come.
richGUP

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 06:10:18 AM

I think that HODLing of altcoins during (and before) upcoming fork will have same profitability (or even more) than bitcoin gold reward.

This is what I'm thinking . . . the upside on Alts once BTC stabilises could be massive! Accumulate more during this period while they're cheap . . .

My only reservation is there is soo much competition in the market these days due to the vast number of ICO's . . . which Alts to pick!?

Also when this pump will be I don't know.
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 08:20:00 AM

This is what I'm thinking . . . the upside on Alts once BTC stabilises could be massive! Accumulate more during this period while they're cheap . . .

My only reservation is there is soo much competition in the market these days due to the vast number of ICO's . . . which Alts to pick!?

The expected pump for alts wont be in the next few days IMO but instead it might happen if BTC stabilize for quite a while for people to begin to seek profit in altcoin market again. The ICO's need to stop coming for a while, it needs to be lessened. The current number of ongoing ICO is too much for market and most of it is either crappy or scam so people must be careful in investing into them. Probably by December or before, altcoin market will pick up a rising trend.
Tamilson

Activity: 1022
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 08:58:38 AM

This is just another bump in the road. Keep holding and stay the path. I am not even concerning myself over this new fork.

I think we can speculate again what happened last August for this upcoming hard fork.
It can't directly affect the price of bitcoin as well as the altcoin because many us here knew what will gonna happen.
The least we can do now is hold our coins so we don't miss the train anymore, panic won't help you to this.

Happy Coding Life Smiley
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:19:40 AM

nothing is going to change because of October fork. it is not even worthy of attention! when you premine an altcoin, you kill it yourself, it doesn't even leave any room for any discussion about its future. Bitcoin Gold is officially a pump and dump shitcoin.

the November fork however can potentially be bloody. but we can not say anything about it right now. you need to wait and see  what will happen the closer we get to that date.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
matuson

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:21:20 AM

The expected pump for alts wont be in the next few days IMO but instead it might happen if BTC stabilize for quite a while for people to begin to seek profit in altcoin market again. The ICO's need to stop coming for a while, it needs to be lessened. The current number of ongoing ICO is too much for market and most of it is either crappy or scam so people must be careful in investing into them. Probably by December or before, altcoin market will pick up a rising trend.
I think it all depends on the price of bitcoins. Now we see that the price of bitcoin returned to its original position and stabilized. The near future to expect growth of the price. Similarly, the market altcoins. Always altcoins follow bitcoin because it was and will be the locomotive of the market of cryptocurrencies.
Leonbtc

Activity: 266
Merit: 190

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:53:52 AM

Is this the beginning? How do you prepare your investments...?  Huh Huh Huh

You can never know if there will be blood or not. I will hold my coins.

exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:01:54 AM

nothing is going to change because of October fork. it is not even worthy of attention! when you premine an altcoin, you kill it yourself, it doesn't even leave any room for any discussion about its future. Bitcoin Gold is officially a pump and dump shitcoin.

the November fork however can potentially be bloody. but we can not say anything about it right now. you need to wait and see  what will happen the closer we get to that date.

We are still ~ 1.5 months away from the Segwit2x fork. That's a lifetime in crypto. If it seems like the fork will move forward 2-3 weeks before the fork block height, then I think the market will begin pricing in the risk at that time.

The bears seem unable to take the markets downwards for now; the market seems like it's coiling for a move up. And money is still flowing into alts right now. So I suspect that October won't be the bloody month. Also, people seem pretty optimistic about the ETH hard fork, and if it goes smoothly, that might be an excuse for the markets to rally.

disam

Activity: 394
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:33:19 AM

two weeks before fork btc price will rise, and alts will start to fall ( not all of them ). After fork in a week time , everything will be back to normal, and all the forked coins btcg will be dumped. Back to normal, back to alts.
HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 05:55:10 PM

Everybody is so optimistic here, I really hope you are right. But I have a bad feeling about all these forks and all the games played in the background.

About bloody October, I don't think so, in this month BTC will appear strongest than ever. The bloody November on the other side, is a possibility.

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
overttherainbow

Activity: 243
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 06:51:43 PM

So what is the exact date the fork is expected to take place?
richjohn

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 06:57:16 PM

I believe there won't be any adverse effect on the market this time by Bitcoin gold fork. Market is already prepared because of the last BCH fork where all the uncertainty before fork ended up in huge price surge after the fork. I don't think people will make the same mistake this time by panicking and selling their bitcoin. Price will most probably stay strong before and after Bitcoin gold fork. Saying anything about 2x fork won't be right as for now. As it is still very unpredictable.
So what is the exact date the fork is expected to take place?
Bitcoin gold fork is expected to happen on 25th October.
Gorgeous011235

Activity: 153

I Love DeepOnion!

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 06:59:24 PM

Hold and don't look at it on daily basis will be my 2 cents of advice. Panic happens if you keep a watch on every minute movements.

Totally agree with you!
Better hold and forget about the dips and drops...the light must come in the end  Wink
Anyway i am pretty positive about this month..i think there will be a general rise in crypto
besides the upcoming forks and changes.

p.s. If u want to invest your money and time in a coin with a brilliant future and a solid community, you should take a look at Deep Onion  Cool
www.deeponion.org

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 07:20:01 PM

Hold and don't look at it on daily basis will be my 2 cents of advice. Panic happens if you keep a watch on every minute movements.

Totally agree with you!
Better hold and forget about the dips and drops...the light must come in the end  Wink
Anyway i am pretty positive about this month..i think there will be a general rise in crypto
besides the upcoming forks and changes.

p.s. If u want to invest your money and time in a coin with a brilliant future and a solid community, you should take a look at Deep Onion  Cool
www.deeponion.org

Deep Onion is a scam and you are a scammer.

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: