Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:33:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: In which year will the president of United States publicly prononce the word "bitcoin" ?
2011 - 2 (5.4%)
2012 - 6 (16.2%)
2013 - 7 (18.9%)
between 2013 and 2020 - 14 (37.8%)
after 2020 - 1 (2.7%)
never ever - 7 (18.9%)
Total Voters: 36

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Notoriety of bitcoin  (Read 1617 times)
grondilu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
December 13, 2010, 02:46:41 AM

Yeah I know it's a stupid poll, since nobody could guess that. 
But I'd be curious to have an idea of how quick bitcoin users think this money could get famous.

PS.  I voted 2013

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
chaord

Activity: 218
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 13, 2010, 02:52:52 AM

I think this is a great poll!
FatherMcGruder

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2010, 04:01:14 AM

Between 2013 and 2020, but that's me being really optimistic. Not because I think the black helicopters will come and shut Bitcoin down, but because I think that a lot of people will continue to support government backed currency. Old habits die hard.

Use my Trade Hill referral code: TH-R11519

Check out bitcoinity.org and Ripple.

Shameless display of my bitcoin address:
1Hio4bqPUZnhr2SWi4WgsnVU1ph3EkusvH
Anonymous

December 13, 2010, 04:41:19 AM

When do you think Ron Paul will mention Bitcoin ?  Cheesy

It would be funny if he did so while sitting in judgement of the Fed as chairman.

MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 13, 2010, 05:01:23 AM

Never.  In order for the President of the United States to mention "bitcoin" before 2020, there must be a United States.  When empires collapse, they also break apart.  This grows more likely the older I get.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
grondilu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
December 13, 2010, 05:12:39 AM

When do you think Ron Paul will mention Bitcoin ?  Cheesy

Hum...  good question.

Because if he mentions bitcoin in 2011, and gets elected as PotUS in 2012, then technically the correct answer will be 2011, right ?

kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 13, 2010, 05:15:00 AM

Never.  In order for the President of the United States to mention "bitcoin" before 2020, there must be a United States.  When empires collapse, they also break apart.  This grows more likely the older I get.

A mere 30 years after the collapse of the Soviet Union? Interesting.

MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 13, 2010, 05:26:04 AM

A mere 30 years after the collapse of the Soviet Union? Interesting.

I'm not the first to suggest such a possibility, and this is a long time coming.  Also, there is no evidence in the historical record that suggests that a nation as large as the US is long-term sustainable, anyway.  Texas even reserves the right to secede in their statehood documents, explicitly.  California is still a larger economy than Texas, but based on land mass, population or/and economic size; Texas would be at least as qualified to be a nation unto itself as half of the nations of Europe.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: