Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:19:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Here comes the hell-storm... Massive cash-in...  (Read 7942 times)
meangreen

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 03:44:03 PM

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO LOSE MONEY ?  LOWER LOWER!!!!!!!!!!

It feels great to know we can buy coins cheeper knowing that a large weekend sell = manipulation.
You only lose money if you actually sell coins. Those of us that understand BTC are unfazed (AAAAHHHHH)... Mostly.  Cheesy

start buying

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 03:44:38 PM

because I want to be right. Like I said from the beginning its a pyramid scheme. and the bulls are the bagholders
pyramid schemes don't go up and down and up and down again.
They go upupup, until it's not able to hold itself anymore and go down to $0.
meangreen

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 03:46:39 PM

pyramids dont go up you basically just run out of new money being put into it and the it collapses.
meangreen

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 03:47:49 PM

dead cat bounce here now. i see some big blocks going through on the buys side some 30 and 40 coin orders. I think the bulls will be ok for a bit
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 04:13:46 PM

I'm about to take a fucking massive dump!
Pale Phoenix

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 04:14:59 PM

Yes, there could have been somebody with $3 million in bitcoin perfectly happy in cashing it all out to Fiat and paying 20% capital gains tax or whatever, but more likely is somebody deliberately trying to move the price to get their coins back cheaper.

Just a minor point... capital gains taxes would be due on his/her profit even if the coins were bought back at a cheaper price immediately after. Capital gains are taxed any time a gain is realized (converted to USD). The only time the outcome of a sale is not immediately recognized for tax purposes is in the case of a capital loss, which is considered a wash sale if a substantially similar asset is purchased within 30 days (before or after) the sale.

tl:dr If he sold at a profit, he owed tax regardless of his strategy.

buying back lower is a ridiculous statement. who pays capital gains on bitcoins?

People who don't want to go to jail. If you think you can avoid taxes on sums this large you are in for a rude awakening.

Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 04:20:31 PM

Yes, there could have been somebody with $3 million in bitcoin perfectly happy in cashing it all out to Fiat and paying 20% capital gains tax or whatever, but more likely is somebody deliberately trying to move the price to get their coins back cheaper.

Just a minor point... capital gains taxes would be due on his/her profit even if the coins were bought back at a cheaper price immediately after. Capital gains are taxed any time a gain is realized (converted to USD). The only time the outcome of a sale is not immediately recognized for tax purposes is in the case of a capital loss, which is considered a wash sale if a substantially similar asset is purchased within 30 days (before or after) the sale.

tl:dr If he sold at a profit, he owed tax regardless of his strategy.

buying back lower is a ridiculous statement. who pays capital gains on bitcoins?

People who don't want to go to jail. If you think you can avoid taxes on sums this large you are in for a rude awakening.

This is incorrect, as MTGox makes international payments you just need an IBC in the Seychelles linked to an offshore bank account. Providing you're not suspected under anti-terrorism charges there is very little the state can do. I believe wealthy people interested in Bitcoin would have this well under wraps as the nature of Bitcoin itself is very tax avoidy.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 04:21:38 PM

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO LOSE MONEY ?  LOWER LOWER!!!!!!!!!!

It feels great to know we can buy coins cheeper knowing that a large weekend sell = manipulation.
You only lose money if you actually sell coins. Those of us that understand BTC are unfazed (AAAAHHHHH)... Mostly.  Cheesy

start buying

Way to soon for me. I have very limited funds. This is going to be a wait and see approach.

But yes, it will be buying time.  Grin

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 04:23:39 PM

Just someone trying to crash market to rebuy for cheaper.. Perhaps the Malta fund?

ok
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 04:48:00 PM

ya if  you are just buyingone coin. and not investing the full 120. ok say you buy a coin now like you say and it goes to 1000 ya you make 880. but if you have 120 and want to invest all of it and it happens to be 100. well then you get 1.2 bitcoins.  and this goes to 1000 you THEN get 1200. its not twenty dollars its two hundred dollars! and this is for one BTC imagine you have eight hundred and sixty bitcoins. - I hate how people dont get this.

You have to look at it from the stance "I have a set amount of fiat I want into bitcoins." not "I am going to buy one bitcoin and pay the extra 20 bucks to make it a full bitcoin."

STOP!!!

If I invest $100 in ANYTHING and it goes to $1000 I MADE $900!!!!
If I invest $120 in ANYTHING and it goes to $1000 I MADE $880!!

FOR FUCKS SAKE

YOU BUY A BASEBALL CARD FOR $100 and someone and you sell it for $1000 you made $900
YOU BUY A BASEBALL CARD for $120 and you sell it for $1000 you  made $880

END OF STORY!

If I want to go all-in with my savings to make an investment in bitcoin, I will be able to get ~20% more bitcoins after a ~$20 drop.  That's a pretty big fucking deal no matter how high it goes..

Well said. My plan is just to take extra money and every month just pick up another couple of BTC's (Yes, I'm a small time player here). If the price drops much (minus terrible news), I am actually happy because, like many or even most here, I am in it for the long haul.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Pale Phoenix

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 05:00:04 PM

This is incorrect, as MTGox makes international payments you just need an IBC in the Seychelles linked to an offshore bank account. Providing you're not suspected under anti-terrorism charges there is very little the state can do. I believe wealthy people interested in Bitcoin would have this well under wraps as the nature of Bitcoin itself is very tax avoidy.

LOL, OK kiddo. You've got it all figured out.

CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 06:10:45 PM

dead cat bounce here now. i see some big blocks going through on the buys side some 30 and 40 coin orders. I think the bulls will be ok for a bit

30 to 40 coins is a big block?  ROFL.  You must be new.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
meangreen

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 06:26:51 PM

30 to 40 coins is a big block?  ROFL.  You must be new.

i was being sarcastic. obviously the are larger sell orders than people handing over their hard earned fiat.
meangreen

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 06:28:02 PM

ya if  you are just buyingone coin. and not investing the full 120. ok say you buy a coin now like you say and it goes to 1000 ya you make 880. but if you have 120 and want to invest all of it and it happens to be 100. well then you get 1.2 bitcoins.  and this goes to 1000 you THEN get 1200. its not twenty dollars its two hundred dollars! and this is for one BTC imagine you have eight hundred and sixty bitcoins. - I hate how people dont get this.

You have to look at it from the stance "I have a set amount of fiat I want into bitcoins." not "I am going to buy one bitcoin and pay the extra 20 bucks to make it a full bitcoin."

STOP!!!

If I invest $100 in ANYTHING and it goes to $1000 I MADE $900!!!!
If I invest $120 in ANYTHING and it goes to $1000 I MADE $880!!

FOR FUCKS SAKE

YOU BUY A BASEBALL CARD FOR $100 and someone and you sell it for $1000 you made $900
YOU BUY A BASEBALL CARD for $120 and you sell it for $1000 you  made $880

END OF STORY!

If I want to go all-in with my savings to make an investment in bitcoin, I will be able to get ~20% more bitcoins after a ~$20 drop.  That's a pretty big fucking deal no matter how high it goes..

i am not explaining it again. you are all wrong
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 06:32:32 PM

And now it is back to 130... And rising above...

Nope, tug of war now!... lol

130 - 125 - 130 - 125... Better stop at 150 by the end of the day.

I like that chart, reminds me of the old arcade game I had in my apartment. "Defender".

1st and the 15th... major market moves... "pay day"
I played that on a real defender arcade machine Memorial Day weekend at Wildwood NJ.  

Ploo

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 06:49:48 PM

You're wrong. If it does go to $1000 then entry point of $100 or $120 is a huge difference.

$120 gives a return of 733%, $100 gives a return of 900%. That's a lot.
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 07:01:38 PM

This thread is like those huge hurricanes that get over-hyped by the Weather Channel then when it gets to your area it's just a wimpy tropical storm that blows down a couple dead trees.

Where's the hell-storm?

EDIT: 3AM $2.5mil dump guy is slowly buying back all his coins, in case you hadn't noticed  Grin Grin Grin

"All is going according to plan" :mrburnshands:
meangreen

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 07:33:14 PM

You're wrong. If it does go to $1000 then entry point of $100 or $120 is a huge difference.

$120 gives a return of 733%, $100 gives a return of 900%. That's a lot.

ploo you have $10000 in your account, you buy one bitcoin for $100 ok.

i have $10000 in my account and because I waited I have to buy my coin for $120 ok

you have $9900 in your account,
I have $9880 in my account. ok

A month later you can sell one bit coin for $1000.

So you sell your one coin and now you $10900 in your account($9900existing and then $1000 for your coin)

I sell my coin at $1000 now I have $10880($9880 existing then my $1000 for my coin)

You have $20 more in your account than me. Is that clear enough?
meangreen

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 07:44:00 PM

This thread is like those huge hurricanes that get over-hyped by the Weather Channel then when it gets to your area it's just a wimpy tropical storm that blows down a couple dead trees.

Where's the hell-storm?

EDIT: 3AM $2.5mil dump guy is slowly buying back all his coins, in case you hadn't noticed  Grin Grin Grin

"All is going according to plan" :mrburnshands:

those are the shorts covering not the original buyer. bitcoins go up almost a dollar for every 30-40 coins bought the original 20k block didnt take the price directly to the bottom there were a few other sells after that block that sent it to $115. do your homework
ISAWHIM (OP)

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 08:32:34 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2013, 09:14:48 PM by ISAWHIM

I leave you guys alone for 8 hours... and this is what happens!

lol

BTC micro-limbo... Dropping the bar to $115, and not stopping until it hits $110.

Oh, about the "hitting $1000" thing...

Smart-butt... If you get 1BTC now, at $120, you could wait until it hits $1000... but 6-months is a long time to wait for an $880 gain.

You invest in the micro-movements... The $10-$20 swings, which there will be more than 3000 of... in that time.

Translation, 3000 movements of * $10 = $30,000 gain. (If you do it correctly.)

I like to buy progressively, and earn while I buy. You just have to set buy-points, and actually buy them. Ignore the "whole value", and only track the "individual value".

Pretend the price is normally at $300/btc...
It drops $10 from its steady position (month-average)... buy 0.1btc
It drops another $10 again, buy 0.2btc
It drops a big $20 more, buy 0.4btc
It drops a huge $40 more, buy 10.0btc
It rises $20, from the $80 it just fell, you sell 5.0btc (Gain)
It drops another $40 from the -$60 under position, you buy 20btc
Pretend this is the "ultimate bottom"... The trough of the next hill...
Hold these until it returns to half of its normal value, which it should do rather fast... then sell half your holdings from the lowest point (10btc)
Hold the remainder until it gets to 75% of its normal value, selling the remainder of the lowest buy (The last of the 10btc purchased at -$100 under normal.)

Eventually, the "tiny" motions will be able to sell for above $10 from what they were purchased. Those will be many micro-movements. The larger movements, you counter with larger purchases. Each gain gives you more buying power... It grows fast. Even just moving money between markets... One lists them for 100, another for 120... buy them at 100, and move them to the other market for an instant $20 gain. (You don't have to actually move them.. just buy them with cash on that account, and sell the same number of coins that are already in the other account. Thus, no waiting for the transfer.)

If the market is going to crash, it is going to crash... Unless you are not participating at all, which it wouldn't matter then... Then you can easily turn it into a smart gain. Never just "hold-out" waiting for that "magic low"... It is a market with only a tiny hedge, thus, it has no choice but to rise. (A hedge gives it a chance to GAIN from falling, which you should be playing too.)

What is the "market potential"... Well, btc has historically hit $250+, and actually sold for that price, sooo... that is a realistic "high" again, that people were willing to pay. What is a realistic low... Roughly "2/3 to 1/2" of the normalized monthly average. But why "wait" for it to get that low... if it doesn't, that is just longer you go, without btc to make gains on. If you buy progressively, as it lowers... you loose less, and gain more. (Less than if you just dump all your savings into a "one shot low" that might not be an actual low, with hopes of cashing-out at a "one shot high". More than if you wait for a low that never comes, and thus, have never made an investment to gain on.)

As for extracting USD... You can avoid the "limits", with multiple accounts... one on each exchange, and private sales. Your "total extraction" is not limited... only the extractions per each exchange. Use a US exchange for USD, not a foreign exchange... Unless you want Yen or Yuan. BTW, the Yuan is a great deal to buy for USD/BTC right now. The USD value is decreasing to the Yuan, since we owe them all that money for the billions in loans we just got, again...

1 USD = 6.1347 CNY now...
In a year, that will lower to...
1 USD = 5.8694 CNY

EG... $10,000 will get you 61,347 CNY. That will cash-in, within a year, to be... $10,452 Thus, about a $500 gain. Actually about $1,500 because that would normally be $10,000 USD that would have degraded here in the USA, possibly buying you only $9,000 worth of crap in the future... Made in china. (Gain of 5%, as opposed to the expected loss of 10% by keeping USD in hand/bank/savings.)
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: