Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:11:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Segwit a benefit for small market cap coins?  (Read 135 times)
okbit (OP)

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:35:30 PM

Is SegWit really a benefit to small market cap coins?

I think a handful of them added SegWit when the market was hot back in the spring. But what are they using it for?

ArtByte is the only one I have seen with a roadmap for using the new features, such as Lighting & MASK for payment channels, smart contracts, protecting digital rights.
sunk818

Activity: 1176
Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 04:30:49 PM

I think it is good foundational features to encourage "smart" features. I think artists and creative types can benefit from residuals or monthly recurring payments. Rather than deal with a middleman that takes a cut, you just set up a contract that will do this for you. I can also see Art Foundations using smart contracts to give out 5% from a trust to various entities. It is not possible now, but will be possible when they add some of these features. These are not unique features so it is hard to say if ArtByte will be able to corner a market on artist/creative types, rather than some other altcoin like viberate or something else.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: