Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:43:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Error: A fatal internal error occured, see dubug.log for details [UPDATED]  (Read 650 times)
garrisonxci (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 07:19:08 PM

I ran ./bitcoin-qt and synced the blockchain without issue. However, when I start qt, I get the following "Error: A fatal internal error occured, see dubug.log for details".

Last 5 lines from debug.log text:

2017-08-25 06:04:16 HTTP: starting 4 worker threads
    2017-08-25 06:04:16 Using BerkeleyDB version Berkeley DB 4.8.30: (April  9, 2010)
    2017-08-25 06:04:16 Using wallet wallet.dat
    2017-08-25 06:04:16 init message: Verifying wallet...
    2017-08-25 06:04:16 CDBEnv::Open: LogDir=/home/pi/.bitcoin/database ErrorFile=/home/pi/.bitcoin/db.log

This doesn't seem like a whole lot for me to go on, so my instinct is that it is some sort of permission error.

When I execute `sudo ./bitcoin-qt` qt seemingly tries to sync the entire blockchain (again); I already have 139.6GB in the "blocks" folder.

Also of note: I am not sure this is relevant but at an uncertain point terminal output the following:
    pi@raspberrypi:~/bin/bitcoin/src/qt $ ./bitcoin-qt
    bitcoin-qt: /usr/include/boost/thread/pthread/condition_variable_fwd.hpp:81: boost::condition_variable::~condition_variable(): Assertion `!ret' failed.
    Aborted

Running bitcoin client v0.14.2.0-91be5e3e-dirty on raspbian 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 07:28:21 PM

I ran ./bitcoin-qt and synced the blockchain without issue. However, when I start qt, I get the following "Error: A fatal internal error occured, see dubug.log for details".

Last 5 lines from debug.log text:

2017-08-25 06:04:16 HTTP: starting 4 worker threads
    2017-08-25 06:04:16 Using BerkeleyDB version Berkeley DB 4.8.30: (April  9, 2010)
    2017-08-25 06:04:16 Using wallet wallet.dat
    2017-08-25 06:04:16 init message: Verifying wallet...
    2017-08-25 06:04:16 CDBEnv::Open: LogDir=/home/pi/.bitcoin/database ErrorFile=/home/pi/.bitcoin/db.log

This doesn't seem like a whole lot for me to go on, so my instinct is that it is some sort of permission error.

When I execute `sudo ./bitcoin-qt` qt seemingly tries to sync the entire blockchain (again); I already have 139.6GB in the "blocks" folder.

Also of note: I am not sure this is relevant but at an uncertain point terminal output the following:
    pi@raspberrypi:~/bin/bitcoin/src/qt $ ./bitcoin-qt
    bitcoin-qt: /usr/include/boost/thread/pthread/condition_variable_fwd.hpp:81: boost::condition_variable::~condition_variable(): Assertion `!ret' failed.
    Aborted

Running bitcoin client v0.14.2.0-91be5e3e-dirty on raspbian 

Can you post the debug.log from the start of the last session? Either the entire log or go down to the ottom o the file in a text editor and search for "Shutdown", selecting "up" instead of "down".

If nothing shows up, then use the command -debug as well to check if there's anything extra that might be missed by the regular command, that'll be a bit longer though.
Can you also state the version you're using?

If you for some reason don't want to post the reindex command, you could try the -reindex command (or it's already reindexing for you as it appears that is what you mean buy it trying to sync again.
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:26:48 AM

You could check the db.log file as well. It might have something to do with that. As for the permission part, I believe that when you use sudo, since you run as root, bitcoin-qt probably uses root home directory and it looks for the data directory there, which is probably "/root/.bitcoin". You can check if that folder was created and if it was, there is your answer to why it syncs again.

PS: In future, don't run any programs as root unless it was intended as so by the program creators. I know it was maybe your last resort, but last thing you want is a buggy network program to be running as root on your device.

Can you post the debug.log from the start of the last session? Either the entire log or go down to the ottom o the file in a text editor and search for "Shutdown", selecting "up" instead of "down".

If nothing shows up, then use the command -debug as well to check if there's anything extra that might be missed by the regular command, that'll be a bit longer though.

If you for some reason don't want to post the reindex command, you could try the -reindex command (or it's already reindexing for you as it appears that is what you mean buy it trying to sync again.

He said the version in the OP, you missed it. "Running bitcoin client v0.14.2.0-91be5e3e-dirty on raspbian"
garrisonxci (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:01:28 PM

Thanks for the replies.

Can you post the debug.log from the start of the last session?

Here is the debug (kinda big)

You could check the db.log file as well. It might have something to do with that. As for the permission part, I believe that when you use sudo, since you run as root, bitcoin-qt probably uses root home directory and it looks for the data directory there, which is probably "/root/.bitcoin". You can check if that folder was created and if it was, there is your answer to why it syncs again.

PS: In future, don't run any programs as root unless it was intended as so by the program creators. I know it was maybe your last resort, but last thing you want is a buggy network program to be running as root on your device.

He said the version in the OP, you missed it. "Running bitcoin client v0.14.2.0-91be5e3e-dirty on raspbian"

db.log is empty. /root/.bitcoin was where the original "blocks" folder was created, and I don't see an additional one.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:21:22 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2017, 09:15:28 PM by jackg

Once my laptop got over it's seizure of opening that file Grin I think I've found two errors.

The first one being a corrupted database (you need the -reindex cmmand to fix this and to get the correct internet connection and the second being that it can't connect. Do you have a firewall configured? Either on your computer or on your router. If so, allow it to accept that application or allow port 8333 to be opened. If you don't know how to change that on your router, try to call your internet provider or search the model number and the router name on the internet to find a guide as to how to do it.
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:29:01 PM

db.log is empty. /root/.bitcoin was where the original "blocks" folder was created, and I don't see an additional one.

Your log clearly shows that you have a bitcoin data folder at /home/pi/.bitcoin/ . Which is a default path when you run as a user called "pi", but when you run as root the default is /root/.bitcoin and when you run sudo command it means that root is running it, so that one got created when you ran it with sudo.
garrisonxci (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 06:14:25 PM

I'm running -rescan and -reindex right now. It's sitting at about 17% with an "Unknown" number of blocks left. Syncing headers.
Casy

Activity: 149
Merit: 22

🔴🔵 FoxMixer.com 🔵🔴

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 10:16:07 PM

I'm running -rescan and -reindex right now. It's sitting at about 17% with an "Unknown" number of blocks left. Syncing headers.

Wait a bit. It might take some while.

jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 11:20:53 PM

Wait a bit. It might take some while.

It does take a while.
Once they syncronising headers goes, whenever it does, then you'll be able to see the number of lbock left (in most cases).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: