Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:59:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you back your coin in retail?
Yes - 4 (57.1%)
No - 3 (42.9%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you back your coin in retail  (Read 390 times)
fendlestick (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 12:07:11 PM

Hi coin releasers, supporters and evangelists.

When you release a new coin would you back it in an e-commerce store?  Well you would need to...

1. Send in BTC to the shop.
2. Decide what rate you are willing to pay for your coin.
3. Once your ANY-COIN sales meets the value of the BTC the ANY-COIN is sent back to you and the BTC kept by the retailer.

Example, You send in 2 BTC, once you hit 1.9 BTC sales you get your ANY-COIN coins sent to you and the retailer keeps the .1 BTC profit.

You are essentially pre-exchanging your coins with the retailer, you take the risk.  If your coin doesn't fill you get the remainder BTC back.

If you like the idea it can be improved and modified, looking to get some input from community as having somewhere to spend your coin straight away would be a big advantage over other coins.

20% OFF All Bondage - www.cryptosextoys.com
Affiliates Get 10% - Join
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 12:28:44 PM

Hi coin releasers, supporters and evangelists.

When you release a new coin would you back it in an e-commerce store?  Well you would need to...

1. Send in BTC to the shop.
2. Decide what rate you are willing to pay for your coin.
3. Once your ANY-COIN sales meets the value of the BTC the ANY-COIN is sent back to you and the BTC kept by the retailer.

Example, You send in 2 BTC, once you hit 1.9 BTC sales you get your ANY-COIN coins sent to you and the retailer keeps the .1 BTC profit.

You are essentially pre-exchanging your coins with the retailer, you take the risk.  If your coin doesn't fill you get the remainder BTC back.

If you like the idea it can be improved and modified, looking to get some input from community as having somewhere to spend your coin straight away would be a big advantage over other coins.

I like this idea, but Im kind of confused because isnt this how an exchange already works?

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
Hydroponica

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

fml

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 12:33:49 PM

So, everyone should have voted yes...Otherwise, why do you support it?

fendlestick (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 12:34:28 PM

Thanks for your reply, this can be done before an exchange or to provide a guaranteed rate for the retailer while the coins exchange value stabilises, which could take a long time.

This removes the risk of taking on new coins that are not stable in price.

fendlestick (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 12:36:51 PM

So, everyone should have voted yes...Otherwise, why do you support it?

Please vote no if you don't like the idea.

New coins are risky if the prices drops say by half in 12hrs, this insulates the retailer as the coin team props up the rate to provide actual purchasable services.

I support the idea because I wish to set-up alt coin retail e-commerce shops.  But I will need to buy stuff with "actual" money so knowing what rate i'll get for the coins when I wake up in the morning would help.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: