Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:13:38 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The upcoming fork November 2017 (Bitcoin gold)?  (Read 7517 times)
grermezter

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 09:50:54 AM

I am a bit new to cryptos, almost 5 weeks old!

My question is:

There is an upcoming fork in November 2017, I understand not all wallets planning to support it or yet undecided. My wallets are Jaxx and Bread having a few Satoshi in each.

Would I still be receiving my share of the forked currency if Jaxx didn’t support the new fork?
Will I still receive it if I sent my BTC from a wallet that does not support to a wallet that support the fork AFTER the fork happens?

How can I be sure I will collect my share of the forked currency.

Your advice highly appreciated.
Just like the hard fork that happened on August 1 and produced the now useless Bitcoin Cash, The resulting alt coin which will be produced during November will also sink into oblivion. Even bitcoin cash had a lot of hype around it but with bitcoin gold, people don't really seem to care about it at all. I don't know why these miners like splitting the currency so much. There must be something to their motives.

limopc (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:35:09 AM

I wonder why my reply was deleted.

Deleted Post
« Sent to: limopc on: Today at 10:21:14 AM »
Reply with quoteReply with quote  Remove this messageDelete 
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

Just please explain what I did wrong.
Bruce Wayne

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:56:45 PM

Do you think the fork will be a good thing?

Join My Newsletter (Free) By Shooting Me A Message On Here With Your Email Address. 1st Newsletter Goes Out in December! Happy Trading.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 09:01:24 PM

Hell to the no. People might get excited because they get a free alt airdrop, but hut like this is absolutely runing the trust for the community, from the outside. bitcoin is already nebolous enough, having to explain all these forks is just going to turn lay people of of bitcoin before they get started.

we cant settle every disagreement we have in the ecosystem by making a fork. we are going to have to sit down and have real political consensus, or keep dividing the community needlessly for what boils down to cashgrabs, icos that require mining power rather than eth or btc.

And can we at least make up a novel name? Gold? Really?
LarryFossil

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:23:34 AM

Depends on how you look at it. Naturally speaking like nature, things fork/divide - animals and minds evolve. Everything is temporary, forking enables better advancement of technology and flourish of creativity. The technical details are important to understand why things are happening the way they are. It comes down to the idea of why the blockchain was even needed in the first place.

It is open source technology given to you and me to use for free, for the betterment of people; a lot like how the WWW tech was given to the people. It gives opportunity for people to take control of their content, wealth and reputation without security compromise and corporate monopoly - The future will consists of decentralized exchanges and ultimately, because every individual is more important to the ecosystem than few being able to manipulate their exchange for gains and taking advantage of the people.

In recent bitcoin exchanges and corporate exchanges, this has happened. Even in banking this goes on. What can happen, will happen. Humans are animals, but we are also beautiful hearted minds when we are peace. Aristotle, Pythagoras and important other minds would even go to say, our bodies are complex vessels that hold the spirit or soul. The ol' saying, 'I am thinking, about thinking'.

Overall, I think this is very healthy for the blockchain ecosystem. Things will change and people will continue supporting the blockchain ecosystem. Every bite we we eat is the choice we make.
sindikat

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:31:07 AM

My question is:

There is an upcoming fork in November 2017, I understand not all wallets planning to support it or yet undecided. My wallets are Jaxx and Bread having a few Satoshi in each.

Would I still be receiving my share of the forked currency if Jaxx didn’t support the new fork?
Will I still receive it if I sent my BTC from a wallet that does not support to a wallet that support the fork AFTER the fork happens?

Just like the hard fork that happened on August 1 and produced the now useless Bitcoin Cash, The resulting alt coin which will be produced during November will also sink into oblivion. Even bitcoin cash had a lot of hype around it but with bitcoin gold, people don't really seem to care about it at all. I don't know why these miners like splitting the currency so much. There must be something to their motives.
It seems to me that I understood their motives. Bitcoin can be a distraction to organize a large pump. Throughout September the price was at the bottom. Whales bought coins at a price of about $ 3,000. Now at the expense of those who will be hoping to bitcoin gold, the price of bitcoin will rise sharply. Whales will sell their bitcoins expensive and will pay users free coins which will be worth nothing.
Gambit1306

Activity: 89

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 05:54:33 PM

It would be great if there were some overview of all exchanges that will credit BTG to BTC holders, as not all of them did after the BCH fork. If there is one already, could someone drop a link?
Emanon7

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 11:45:28 PM

Guys I've been reading all the threads and I am still very much confused...
Some say keep your BTC in Kraken and you will get the same amount in Bitcoin Gold and others say it is risky and that you should get your BTC out of Kraken and into a wallet like Jaxx and still be credited with Bitcoin Gold..? For the last fork I moved my BTC to Jaxx wallet and I never was credited any BCC nor in Kraken or in Jaxx. Please could someone just confirm if it is ok to leave my BTC in Kraken (not that much because I know it is always risky to have BIG amounts of BTC on an exchange) so that i can continue using them to buy other coins? I really don't care much of the Bitcoin Gold but I would like to know that I will not loose my BTC on Kraken after the fork.
Thanks for the help.
harri74

Activity: 34

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 08:30:49 AM

send the btc to kraken before the fork if you dont want to deal with wallets and they'll credit you

Hi mate, can you tell me where you heard this? I cant see it anywhere.
EMWEE

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:29:55 AM

I dont see any BTG on Kraken yet.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
strider1973

Activity: 18

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:45:00 PM

You won't see it anytime soon, as they don't plan to support it atm:
https://twitter.com/krakenfx/status/922605826627342336
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:05:47 PM

You won't see it anytime soon, as they don't plan to support it atm:
https://twitter.com/krakenfx/status/922605826627342336

The only place where you can trade it is Yobit. The other exchanges are wary because it has no replay protection.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
kheysha

Activity: 112

Swarm Token Sale begins on September 7th at 16:00

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:56:08 PM

My question is:

of course you will get BTG from each exchanger that supports BTG.
but I recommend to collect your Bitcoin in one market. to make it easier and I think it looks simple.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: