Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:29:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how can smart contracts give more value to a currency?  (Read 282 times)
Cristinh0 (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 12:33:31 AM

The question is essentially based on the ethereum currency.

How can smart contracts increase the value of coin?

Does not the currency increase with our investments in it using transactions with own currency and etc?

A company that chooses to use the blockchain platform through a smart contract with ethereum how will the procedure? I get a little confused.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sensimilia

Activity: 702
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 01:02:45 AM

It increases usability of the currency.

If a company uses a smart contract on ethereum, they will most likely issue an ecr20 token (if a coin is involved).

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████         █████████████       █████            ▄██████████████████████▄▄
█████████████         █████████████     ▄███████▄       ▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████         █████████████   ▄███████████▄    ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████         █████████████ ▄█████▀  ▀█████▄  ▄███████████▀        ▀██████████▄
████████████▀         █████████████ █████▀     ██████▄████████████▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████          █████████████ ████        ████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
████████████          ████████████████▀    ▄     ████▀████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████▄       ▄█████████████▄██▀    ▄█▄     ▀███ ████████████████████████████▄
 █████████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████     ▄███▄     ▀███ ▀████████████████████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▄███     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█████▄▄▀▀▀▀█████████████████████▄
    ▀████████████████████████▄███▀                   ▀████████▄       ▀▀██████████████
        ▀▀██████████████▀▀▄▄██████     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█████████          ████████████▀
          ██████████████ ██████████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████ ▀█████████████████████████████████████▀████▄▄▄█████████████▀
          ██████████████   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀ ███████████████████▀
          ██████████████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████████████████▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.bet
   $200   
 BONUS 
    100% BONUS FOR 
 EVERY DEPOSIT 
[]
Cristinh0 (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 01:38:45 AM

Because many of the smart contracts are not obliged to have currency movements such as a smart contract autarkic voting system right? where can this contribute to the growth of ethereum? basically nothing. I ask myself why do I see everyone justifying smart contracts as a good reason for ethereum to explode in the long run. I do not think at all what the contracts are to make her go to the moon. But if you got it wrong just let me know.
Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 02:08:05 AM

Because many of the smart contracts are not obliged to have currency movements such as a smart contract autarkic voting system right? where can this contribute to the growth of ethereum? basically nothing. I ask myself why do I see everyone justifying smart contracts as a good reason for ethereum to explode in the long run. I do not think at all what the contracts are to make her go to the moon. But if you got it wrong just let me know.
It depends on the platform of coin. And as I see it, it will be more productive if a token is used just like in arcadeshop. Token also can be used to advertise particular service like smart contract and what I see on facebook : dentacoin. Because if you give direct bitcoin or money , what is the guarantee that they will use their service. And if they sell it , it is guaranteed that the token will be use by someone for the service

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
shandi albert

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

FXPay.io

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:18:52 AM

I think
Basically they use blockchain technology or use crpto technology, the goal is that there is no human intervention and is determined by a system with high security
so it's safer and more profitable
With smart contracts, people's trust to invest more influential

sushimon

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:53:11 AM

If a currency has smart contracts, then that implies dApps, which in turn brings in ICO, platforms, services and lots of other things, which require that users spend the currency, thus increasing the demand.
Is that simple Smiley
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 04:37:05 AM

it call hype scam

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:26:02 AM

first there is always an underlying hype going on which pumps and dumps the coin.
second the smart contracts are currently only being used by many ICOs and if someone wants to invest in any of them they MUST buy ETH, there is no other way for 99% of them. so a fake demand is buying a lot of ETH which causes a bubble.

Does not the currency increase with our investments in it using transactions with own currency and etc?
Ethereum is not a currency!

A company that chooses to use the blockchain platform through a smart contract with ethereum how will the procedure? I get a little confused.
i am not an expert in smart contracts and the process of ICOs to be able to explain them but if that is what you want to learn about then there are good sources online teaching how to create one.
you can also copy one of these projects out there.

Buying the dip...
Valzador

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:33:41 AM

sorry to get out of the op statement, I want to ask whether there is already an ICO project that uses a smart contract system for online stores?
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:47:15 AM

technically speaking smart contracts can be an additional feature which opens up a lot of opportunity for creating new and interesting things. i believe there was a good article on bitcoin wiki about smart contracts.

so that can be a lot more usage and that creates a lot more demand. but the issue is that as long as that usage is really useful not some temporary fake hype, the demand will last and in long term helps more adoption and increase of price.

for things like ETH, smart contracts start and end with ICOs in my opinion and so far i have not really seen anything which is really making something useful.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:52:17 AM

More people buy it and supply is limited so its value is increasing. Rather we should talk about why exchanges, speculations and people can affect its price as well.
n4poleon

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:57:07 AM

It's just a buzzword, it's just a fancy term they use for programming on the blockchain. People don't realize that you can do some practical things with APIs too. I guess people just got caught up with the hype.
LuckyCheetah

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 11:28:32 AM

i believe there was a good article on bitcoin wiki about smart contracts.
Here it is: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Contract
Also there is an okay Wikipedia article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_contract

These pages describe the feature and you can see that it has many uses and benefits. The way I see it, convenience is a large part of currency value, so you can judge for yourself how such feature increases convenience and thus - the desirability of the coin and its value.

Many currencies do not depend on value of any underlying asset - see fiat money and, perhaps, Nixon shock. I think the component of what makes fiat money increase in price is present even in crowdfunding kinds of cryptos.
fredforthewin

Activity: 79
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 12:34:26 PM

It varies from coin to coin.
Seansky

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 01:18:47 PM

Smart contracts are tokens created to be used for a certain purpose and because of demands it gives more value to a currency. One good example is ETH. It had pumped hard just months ago even with it being stable for a long time because of the demand generated by ICO's who finished business by that time. With ICO's some people buys ETH just to invest in it and the fore creating demand.
Cristinh0 (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:06:25 PM

Hum ...

Ok.

I want to thank you for your feedback. thanks !! Depending on your justification / information, we may even say that ethereum with the right contracts may be the most valuable or most valuable currency in the near future. Knowing this information because many do not believe in ethereum ?! I think then it will be one of the best investments to make given the price of it. right?! thank you all Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: