Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:43:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any service in US like Coinbase where you can deposit/withdraw with a bank?  (Read 235 times)
brainzfuxed (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 04:22:39 AM

Hey guys,
I got banned from coinbase for buying a diabetic drug and so im curious if there is any other service like coinbase in the US that allows you to deposit and withdraw through a bank account. I really enjoyed how simple coinbase was...gotta say im pretty dissapointed about the whole thing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 05:17:22 AM

Hey guys,
I got banned from coinbase for buying a diabetic drug and so im curious if there is any other service like coinbase in the US that allows you to deposit and withdraw through a bank account. I really enjoyed how simple coinbase was...gotta say im pretty dissapointed about the whole thing.

Pretty sure that Kraken and Bitstamp can do it for you. Probably not as convenient as coinbase but still, you are going to get better rates and at least you can get some sort of bitcoin in your pocket for your fiat instead of none at all.

If you are just looking for quick, simple coins without hassle then i would recommend checking localbitcoins out.

It's probably my favorite way to get btc.

squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 07:56:17 AM

Hey guys,

Sorry to hear that. Coinbase is known for snooping on people's blockchain activity and terminating accounts. Unfortunately, there's only going to more of that in the future from all exchanges as regulators and law enforcement put Bitcoin under increasing scrutiny. You should at least move coins through a few local addresses first before sending them to gambling or black market sites. And I have a policy not to send coins into Coinbase -- only fiat.

As for other sites..... your best bet might be Gemini (has ACH transfers). Otherwise, Bitstamp (European with USD markets, need to use bank wire). These are places where I'm willing to verify my identity and where I think they are fairly competent at security. But regulators are similarly up all their asses. By the way, if you go with Gemini, be warned: they require your ID or passport to be REAL ID compliant. If it isn't, don't bother.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 11:49:46 AM

If you're in the right state then I'd go for Gemini. They're not a full service like Coinbase, just an exchange, but their rep is pretty spotless.

No matter who you go with, anything traceable to drugs or gambling will result in you being booted out. Mix that stuff first or don't bother in the first place.
brainzfuxed (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:55:29 PM

I appreciate the replies guys. Is there any way to get my account unbanned from coinbase? It just seems so silly to me that this was a one time mistake and if my bank doesnt care about me buying stuff from an online pharmacy why should they?
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 03:03:40 PM

I appreciate the replies guys. Is there any way to get my account unbanned from coinbase? It just seems so silly to me that this was a one time mistake and if my bank doesnt care about me buying stuff from an online pharmacy why should they?

I seriously doubt it. Operations like that are absolutely petrified of triggering US laws. They'll go insanely overboard to look like they're being as compliant as possible. They don't want to but they have to.

You could try again with a different bank account but you'll probably be flagged. The next step would be via the ID of someone you trust.
brainzfuxed (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 09:09:40 PM

Bump
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: