Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:24:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Verge XVG Problem - Wallet empty  (Read 637 times)
iodisciple (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 09:14:34 AM

Hi,

I've re-installed my machine last weekend. I had Kali Linux, now I have Fedora.

Before I re-installed, I made backups of all my wallets, private and public keys, seeds and backups of backups even. All wallets are up and running again except for XVG. It doesn't matter how I try to open the wallet, restore with the private or public keys or via the seed pass phrase: the wallet remains empty.

I've tried the software on https://vergecurrency.com/ (the electrum and the tor software) but also the newer software on https://electrum.org/#download. The wallet seems to open, but remains empty, also after 24 hours of waiting.

When I use the (older) Electrum-xvg software, it won't even connect to the electrum-verge.xyz server, with or without SSL enabled. It just keep 'Synchronizing' and after a while says 'Not connected'. I found somewhere that the server should be electrum-verge.party but that doesn't work either, with or without SSL. When I tell the (newer) Electrum software to connect to electrum-verge.xyz or electrum-verge.party servers, I get the same results.

Beside Linux, I've also tried Mac clients and tried it on more than one location (I have a laptop). Can somebody please help me?

Kind regards,
iodisciple
iodisciple (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:41:54 AM

Hi,

Its a miracle but after days of struggling I have managed to solve it a couple of minutes ago.

FWIW in my home folder there was a folder .electrum and .electrum-xvg and they are both being used by the Electrum XVG software. Strangely enough the executable is in the first and the data is in the second. Putting newer code in the first, I managed to start the Electrum XVG client, but in my seed once again and have access to my coins.

Regards,
iodisciple
rooney7

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 11:35:09 AM

Hi,

I have the same issue. It doesn't connect. I'm using Electrum Tor on windows. Do you have any idea how I can get it fixed to show my XVG?
Even whitelisted it in Firewall and used the other servers the guys had suggested but still says "not connected".  Cry Cry

Thanks.
BlissfullyIgnorant

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 02:16:02 AM

The second download mentioned is for Bitcoin only. It is not an upgrade for Electrum-XVG. The latest Verge version of Electrum is 2.4.1.
kwab

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:02:21 PM

there are no electrum servers for verge. -.-

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
newsoft

Activity: 15

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 03:01:55 AM

Hi,

I've re-installed my machine last weekend. I had Kali Linux, now I have Fedora.

Before I re-installed, I made backups of all my wallets, private and public keys, seeds and backups of backups even. All wallets are up and running again except for XVG. It doesn't matter how I try to open the wallet, restore with the private or public keys or via the seed pass phrase: the wallet remains empty.

I've tried the software on https://vergecurrency.com/ (the electrum and the tor software) but also the newer software on https://electrum.org/#download. The wallet seems to open, but remains empty, also after 24 hours of waiting.

When I use the (older) Electrum-xvg software, it won't even connect to the electrum-verge.xyz server, with or without SSL enabled. It just keep 'Synchronizing' and after a while says 'Not connected'. I found somewhere that the server should be electrum-verge.party but that doesn't work either, with or without SSL. When I tell the (newer) Electrum software to connect to electrum-verge.xyz or electrum-verge.party servers, I get the same results.

Beside Linux, I've also tried Mac clients and tried it on more than one location (I have a laptop). Can somebody please help me?

Kind regards,
iodisciple

Verge (XVG) Electrum servers : 83.169.38.218 - 46.163.118.201
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: