Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 01:19:38 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW TO SPOT A WINNING ICO  (Read 2409 times)
naglas

Activity: 233
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:36:15 PM

the industry is so unpredictable now, that all we can check are people who are behind the project if they had past projects, well-known areas, publications
brampower

Activity: 327

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 02:18:23 PM

the industry is so unpredictable now, that all we can check are people who are behind the project if they had past projects, well-known areas, publications
It is really hard to determine whether the advertised projects are true ,one thing we have to understand is it really possible for a development team to do two projects and if so could we trust them as they are not fulfilling with their first project ,most of the ICO are collecting funds in millions and what we have to think is that whether these projects are fulfilling what they are promising and doing their work for the funds they are collecting.
ask
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 02:23:17 PM

Supporting an ICO is simple. Just hold your tokens or coins. The biggest support for an ICO is not dumping.
Too many dumps killing Tokens checkout EOS price chart
Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 02:30:37 PM

I 've been trying to find out all the things that would lead me to spot the wining ICO, meaning an ICO that will not just enter a the platforms to make a quick buck.

An ICO I can really HODL.

I have gathered the below up to now:

• The founders are working on something great, with details on their design and their roadmap.
  • The founders are not worried with deadlines, but are making changes when necessary to ensure the safety of their project.
  • The founders know their project of by heart. They can answer logical questions. They love it when people ask them about their project and the details of the development.
  • The founders could be promising the world, but not tomorrow. If they are promising you to become rich tomorrow, something looks bad.

New points from other members:
  • Competent development team is the most important rule. Ideas are not enough. There should be good devs to build around those ideas. That is main rule.
  • ICO's with a low or reasonable market cap and ICO's that have set a max cap.
  • [it could apply sometimes] The winning icos will be having a large of the communities that will always try to monitoring the development process of the project that was including about the crowdsale too.
  • Truly wining ICO gets a news coverage on the media.
  • The ICO softcap is fulfilled ahead of time.
  • If something seems too good to be true, it probably is.
  • Projects with an existing product, could look more promising, but people could be less likely to invest. It all has to do, at which stage their project is running and where they want to take it.
  • The project is transparent, as the founders are transparent.

Looking forward to enhance my list. I will add your ideas to the above list.

i agree to your list im sure some of members will avoid the scam ico , i always pick interesting ico's before investing on them and doing some research about the developers about the project if nothing came up i will not invest their project because of the possibility of scam.
real_ask

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:36:15 PM

Supporting an ICO is simple. Just hold your tokens or coins. The biggest support for an ICO is not dumping.

STOP BULLSHITING.

YOU ARE NOTHING MORE THAN AN ACCOUNT THIEF.
runio

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:37:34 PM

Good ico =

-small max cap
-great team
-big advisors
-big exchange.

Take a look for Pally ICO (15th october), EtherDelta confirmed listing Wink Advisors from HSBC, JP Morgan, small cap.
loty1825

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:00:25 PM

ICO's sell their tokens for other tokens, usually ETH or BTC. And they fund the project with those ETH or BTC they received, not with the ICO tokens. So the price of ICO tokens doesn't have any impact on funding the project. They might get in trouble if ETH or BTC price dropped too much. That's why in some way I understand most ICO's collet more ETH or BTC that they really need. This wa they can protect themselves in case price of collected token falls.

ICO tokens aren't usually traded during ICO's. EOS is a bit special in that matter, because their tokens are being traded during the ICO, so if price gets dumped that influences the amount of ETH they receive every day. But it's perfectly normal if 2 million new tokens are added in circulation every day the inflation is so huge, the price will fall eventually. So it's not the dumpers who made the price fall, but strange model of ICO EOS has. And I wouldn't worry about EOS running out of funds. They've already collected much more than they need. I would be more worried if they are capable of delivering what they promised. First testing environment should should have been done by the end of the summer, but it still not done. Missing deadlines from the roadmap won't make the price rise for sure. And I've also read some rumors Bitshares' supposed to have some major security issues. I can't find the link right now to prove it, but if it's true - EOS is based on Bitshres source code.

jsscgs001

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:30:08 PM

Agree with all of the above you list help me in spotting good icos
Ging

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:40:24 PM

there No guarantees of WINNING ICO all you need is to do some research about the dev team if the are proven to be effective to achieving. and you should read about the whitepaper it will make you understand about the idea the ico is bringing. good luck finding one.
johnsm79 (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

trade.io - Join the Trading Revolution

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 08:51:45 AM

Good ico =

-small max cap
-great team
-big advisors
-big exchange.

Take a look for Pally ICO (15th october), EtherDelta confirmed listing Wink Advisors from HSBC, JP Morgan, small cap.

Why do you say small max cap? Some projects need a large cap to accomplish what they say. I would re-type your suggestion to: Appropriate cap according to the deliverable's of the project.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  TRADE.IO       ║     WHITEPAPER  •  ANN THREAD  •  TELEGRAM     ║     JOIN THE TRADING REVOLUTION
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
johnsm79 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 05:54:12 AM

But how would you know this before hand?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  TRADE.IO       ║     WHITEPAPER  •  ANN THREAD  •  TELEGRAM     ║     JOIN THE TRADING REVOLUTION
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
altcoinhunter01

Activity: 840
Merit: 40

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 06:20:27 AM

There are various website provides reports about ICO. but these may be viced. So study Project Report, Road map,  White paper, Team details. By study these points you may spot  a winning ICO.

TheFaustFlick.com
»   Executive Produce a Comedy Film   «
✦ ────────  Facebook TwitterBountyTelegram  ──────── ✦
johnsm79 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 06:31:58 AM

There are various website provides reports about ICO. but these may be viced. So study Project Report, Road map,  White paper, Team details. By study these points you may spot  a winning ICO.

Indeed! I have studied trade.io, and especially the concept with the liquidity pool! It seems something that will pick-up very fast in the upcoming days!

Also here is the ANN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2367245

Legendari

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:58:25 AM

Yes, this is a really nice project, thank you very much for showing it to us. I will follow him.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
███████                  A new era of charity                    ███████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
cryptoenterprise

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:09:02 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2017, 07:53:24 AM by cryptoenterprise

I believe there are many factors to spotting a winning ICO but the one that stands out the most for me would be:
The development team plays a big role in how successful an ICO will be.
Looking at their board of members and advisory team, and checking their profiles.

Having said this, ive looked at trade.io and it looks like something I would be interested in, I have a question..
Will this be a utility or a security token?
honeyduckgoose

Activity: 162

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 08:48:47 PM

Research is the key here. Just like any investment knowing the business, the industry and where they are going is vital. Here are a few things i look for in an ICO

- Strong team - Both in development team and also the CEO's / marketing (no point having a great team to create something, if nobody can advertsie it and push the startup in the right direction.
- Realistic vision - not aiming too high or if they do not reach their target everyone who invested will be disappointed
- Solid whitepaper - Well thought out, shows realistic goals, a strong good vision and a plan of action
- Strong social media presence - A social media that shows they are connected with everyone
- Good customer support - Shows they care, and they have invested time and money into making sure the average investor can ask questions
- Good website - A business who is willing to throw time and effort into a good website are less likely to be a scam
- finite supply - ICO's with no cap can be dangerous and can simply just damage their own coin by releasing more for more investment.
-Market they are getting involved with - Is this a new market? or a dying one? who controls the market?

Also here is an interesting article comparing ICO's with a working product vs a vision.

https://medium.com/@crowdholding/mvps-pocs-and-ideas-which-icos-should-i-better-invest-in-and-which-will-let-me-down-369bf1ffae2

Hope this helps and happy investing!
johnsm79 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 08:10:34 AM

Like with trade.io upcoming ICO they announcement a collaboration with Modules (those guys who help Google, Nasdaq)

http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/news-releases/tradeio-announces-strategic-technical-alliance-with-financial-technology-giant-modulus-in-support-of-656606423.html

For bounty visit: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2370663

Dr0idGuru

Activity: 153
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:19:09 AM

I also try to run from hyped ICOs.

A good due diligence on the company behind, should answer the following questions ?
   1) Is the team real ? Checking the LinkedIn profiles
   2) Is there a active GitHub ?
   3) Is the brand / comma popular in Google Trends ?

For instance, if you look to a future ICO like AppCoins, in the 3 company research points:
   1) Team: https://appcoins.io -> in the section "Team", you have the LinkedIn account
   2) The AppCoins github is active with hundreds of commits: https://github.com/Aptoide/AppCoins-ethereumj
   3) If you go to Google trends, you can compare with other teams projects: https://trends.google.pt/trends/explore?date=today%205-y&q=Ethereum,Aptoide,Kik

Always do your due diligence / company research.
turtoro

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:47:29 AM

First and foremost, it is very useful to tell a scam from a legit ICO. Once you’ve decided take a closer look, consider taking the time to read the technical whitepaper to understand how it works (please don’t decide to invest only based on the pretty website or flashy buzzwords). The papers can sometimes be dense but the understanding of the details is very well worth it. Also, you may find it helpful to join the Slack group to ask questions and see what other peoples’ concerns are.
sadiaakhter25

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:14:18 AM

Though most ICO's are fake, scams but I don't believe that all ICO devs have bad motives. A good ICO can help us making free money just by following the rules indicated on how to join their bounty campaign that's why before joining any ICO one should investigate at first very carefully.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: