Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 09:52:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vanity addresses created  (Read 964 times)
elchorizo (OP)

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 04:04:32 PM

I have a bit of unused CPU on a few servers at the moment so I'm willing to generate bitcoin vanity URL's for a fee. Anyone can do this of course but not everyone wants to leave a machine pegged at 100% CPU for 7 days to generate an address.

I will Smiley

Please PM me with the vanity address you want and I will give you a quote on my charge to produce it. For generic words you don't have to pay a deposit. For custom names that will have no resale value if you decide not to pay I require a deposit.

The vanity address requires that the address begins with 1, but you can choose anything else. For example, I just generated this address:

Address: 1BitcoinuXYqcc52cKwTyYx7Cgqsxhn3qn

You can choose to have it ignore case (which will lower the price) and the word will be mixed case (aka Camel Case).

Once I generate the address I will send you the address and key and you can import this into any wallet you want and use it like normal.

BTC: 1Chorizo6WNabZxVfQyGtvF4JiRt7Hexxb
LTC: Lchorizoy8ck7Arbby8LDnw5wAmi8h6Hzb
The 4ner
aka newbitcoinqtuser

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 06:15:40 PM

There's a simple service already used for this. It's called CoinBit.tk. You should check out their site. Your pricing is similar to theirs. I bought my first and only vanity address from them about a week ago.
elchorizo (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 08:44:22 PM

There's a simple service already used for this. It's called CoinBit.tk. You should check out their site. Your pricing is similar to theirs. I bought my first and only vanity address from them about a week ago.

I haven't posted any pricing? Smiley

Teka

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 09:04:07 PM

I haven't posted any pricing? Smiley

You should still check out their site in order to make your pricing much lower.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3084

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 09:05:45 PM

Anyone who uses your addresses would be a fool, since you would have the private key and be able to access all funds.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
elchorizo (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 09:34:52 PM

Anyone who uses your addresses would be a fool, since you would have the private key and be able to access all funds.

True, like anything it is based on trust. I would understand anyone being hesitant... It is a vanity address, I would use it only to receive payments and transfer them to a secure wallet right away.

The 4ner
aka newbitcoinqtuser

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 04:39:57 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2013, 05:35:32 AM by The 4ner

I have a bit of unused CPU on a few servers at the moment so I'm willing to generate bitcoin vanity URL's for a fee. Anyone can do this of course but not everyone wants to leave a machine pegged at 100% CPU for 7 days to generate an address.

I will Smiley

Please PM me with the vanity address you want and I will give you a quote on my charge to produce it. For generic words you don't have to pay a deposit. For custom names that will have no resale value if you decide not to pay I require a deposit.

The vanity address requires that the address begins with 1, but you can choose anything else. For example, I just generated this address:

Address: 1BitcoinuXYqcc52cKwTyYx7Cgqsxhn3qn

You can choose to have it ignore case (which will lower the price) and the word will be mixed case (aka Camel Case).

Once I generate the address I will send you the address and key and you can import this into any wallet you want and use it like normal.

Well, you're right. You didn't mention numbers. I guess what I meant was what you were going to charge. In this case length of prefix and the complexity of making it, hence your offer to lower the price if we disregard case sensitive letters.
HeroC
Legendary

Activity: 858
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 06:34:23 PM

How do I know you will not keep the private key?
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3084

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 07:09:53 PM

You have to assume he will.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Ditto

Activity: 330
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 05:49:01 AM

Or, https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Split-key_vanity_address
The 4ner
aka newbitcoinqtuser

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 06:02:54 AM

What do you think of http://coinbit.tk/ vanity address generating service? They claim to not be able to have access to your private key.
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 09:05:23 AM

"If you go to our submission form, your browser will generate a Part-Private and a Part-Public Key. If you click submit, only the Part-Public key will be transferred to our server.  You can check the POST headers for proof."
This doesnt mean anything. The submission form is on their servers and there are various ways how they could get it.
ssbtoday

Activity: 122

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 10:35:44 AM

"If you go to our submission form, your browser will generate a Part-Private and a Part-Public Key. If you click submit, only the Part-Public key will be transferred to our server.  You can check the POST headers for proof."
This doesnt mean anything. The submission form is on their servers and there are various ways how they could get it.
it does dumbass read how it works
bernard75
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 10:52:12 AM

it does dumbass read how it works
Thank you for the nice words.
And nope it doesnt, as long as its on their servers they can do what they want with it.
ssbtoday

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 10:53:59 AM

split key gen means that they don't have the private key. you have your own split key, you have to use that to unlock the private key
bernard75
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 10:58:56 AM

Split key gen runs on their servers?
ssbtoday

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:00:43 AM

Split key gen runs on their servers?
no you generate the split key on your computer

you give the public key to the server

it's like gpg but for keys. read up
ondratra

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 12:50:20 PM

Imho noone will use your service. No offense, but you would get private key of wallet and even if you have lot of CPU anyones GPU would generate it much, much, much faster. So it is too risky for low value service.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: