Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:36:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin gold fork  (Read 1751 times)
yhingsy (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 12:57:13 PM

Hello,
I am a relatively new investor in Bitcoin, and recently I have been reading about a fork to Bitcoin gold. My understanding is that everyone who owns Bitcoin receives the equivalent number of coins in the forked currency, once the fork takes place. Is this correct?

Do I have to store my Bitcoin in a specific wallet (I might be new, but I'm not stupid enough to send my coin to you ;-) ), or do anything to activate this, or will it happen automatically? (If the fork goes ahead, of course).

Thanks for any advice.
willmunte

Activity: 87
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 01:08:27 PM

Hello,
I am a relatively new investor in Bitcoin, and recently I have been reading about a fork to Bitcoin gold. My understanding is that everyone who owns Bitcoin receives the equivalent number of coins in the forked currency, once the fork takes place. Is this correct?

Do I have to store my Bitcoin in a specific wallet (I might be new, but I'm not stupid enough to send my coin to you ;-) ), or do anything to activate this, or will it happen automatically? (If the fork goes ahead, of course).

Thanks for any advice.
A lot of people expect this to happen because they can get extra BTC and I'm waiting for that to happen.
CASPER_TEAM

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 01:09:23 PM

Same situation as with Bitcoin fork before - you ll get new currency for free
Somz1

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 01:10:44 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2017, 01:21:47 PM by Somz1

It's a pointless fork where they don't even have a clear idea,they are forkin just for the sake of it,anyway free money for us I guess.
Electrum wallet (electrum.org) is a good choice to store your Bitcoins and later claim the btg when it's gets forked
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 01:23:00 PM

Hello,

Thanks for any advice.
A lot of people expect this to happen because they can get extra BTC and I'm waiting for that to happen.

Not Extra BTC, but another dividend or Altcoin in circulation and I think you will receive a free Altcoins or BTG that you can surely trade prior to it's legalization and BTG is the first real Bitcoin dividend-coin because unlike Bcash and Segwit2X, BTG is friendly to Bitcoin they surely inform uninformed investor that it is another Altcoin in succession not like Bitcoin Cash or segwit2x that claiming the bitcoin name.
chip211

Activity: 202

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 01:55:17 PM

Hello,

Thanks for any advice.

Not Extra BTC, but another dividend or Altcoin in circulation and I think you will receive a free Altcoins or BTG that you can surely trade prior to it's legalization and BTG is the first real Bitcoin dividend-coin because unlike Bcash and Segwit2X, BTG is friendly to Bitcoin they surely inform uninformed investor that it is another Altcoin in succession not like Bitcoin Cash or segwit2x that claiming the bitcoin name.

I really do not like this even though I can get another BTC in another form, but it would have a big impact on the BTC that could be a negative and that made me nervous.
It can be said that it is trying to eat according to the successor to create value for themselves.  The abuse of hard fork makes the crypto market so dilute.
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:12:19 PM

You need your coins to be stored in a wallet that you have the private keys to so that once the fork happens, you can use the same private key to gain access to the newly forked Bitcoin gold (or whatever it will be called)
Just make sure not to store your coins in an exchange like Coinbase because you don't have access to the private keys of your wallet and eventually won't be able to claim your Bitcoin gold.
btcwish1

Activity: 401
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:13:35 PM

Good information.  But after the release  how exactly we claim new btg? I have btc in payeer, coinbase.

Thanks Cool
djangocoin

Activity: 474
Merit: 285

Brave New World

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:15:31 PM

So long as you hold your coins (your wallet), and they are not on an exchange you'll hold the coins for both chains.

Best to not keep them on the exchange as you may only get the coins the exchange supports.

:]
Jating

Activity: 2940
Merit: 809

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:18:27 PM

Hello,

Thanks for any advice.

I really do not like this even though I can get another BTC in another form, but it would have a big impact on the BTC that could be a negative and that made me nervous.
It can be said that it is trying to eat according to the successor to create value for themselves.  The abuse of hard fork makes the crypto market so dilute.

Of course we don't like it because it will just create another altcoin and somewhat investors has the tendency to stay away from the market until everything is settled down. That's why we might see another reduction in price of bitcoin when the looming November hard fork happened. Yes, it will be another trying times for us. We just need to be patience and relax until the storm has calm. I don't know the abuse though, they maybe doing it intentionally.
vandvl

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:18:36 PM

i am waiting to if what happen after the hard fork if i have received again an extra btg like tha last fork or nothing happen...
btcwish1

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:20:36 PM

[quote autho :Dr=djangocoin link=topic=2236518.msg22555927#msg22555927 date=1507126531]
So long as you hold your coins (your wallet), and they are not on an exchange you'll hold the coins for both chains.

Best to not keep them on the exchange as you may only get the coins the exchange supports.
[/quote]

Is coinbase an exchange? what about exodus?   so which online wallet is not an exchange? i am new in bitcoin sorry  Grin
Andre_Goldman

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

Property1of1OU

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:23:52 PM

I hope somebody will come with the idea to sell "wedding rings" with minikeys engraved inside ...

"I said YES" (block.nVersion = 1) LoL

Patent1number: ****-****
Sskapollo7

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:32:01 PM

Hope this thing comes to us after all our hard work against it should not disseminate although extra BTC will do !

Thanks  Wink

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
shimbark123

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:45:32 PM

I heard about this, that bitcoin will be fork again for the second time. And this time the name of the forked bitcoin is bitcoin gold. Well it is a free money so come and get that one. Just store your coins in exchangers when they announced it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Singwala

Activity: 462
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:54:48 PM

Yes, your understanding is correct. You will receive BTG (Bitcoin Gold) if you are holding BTC (bitcoins) and it is 1: 1 meaning how many of you are holding bitcoin today. You will also receive BTG. And it's free and you have nothing else to do without just waiting. And you will receive it if you hold your privatekeys. We do not know what will happen at times when Hard Fork is moving. it may also affect our bitcoins.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
Halcyon Days

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:56:01 PM

Hello yhingsy,

yes, this is correct, this happens everytime BTC gets a hard fork.

Currently there is already a discussion about BTC gold in this thread, if you want to get more information: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2211693.0

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
javalemcgee

Activity: 215

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:56:22 PM

Hello,

Thanks for any advice.

The ratio will be 1:1 and you will receive your forked bitcoincs without doing anything. The process will be automatic and you'll be given the new ones automatically. You have to make sure that you have them in a private wallet. Not the exchange ones, they can make problems to you.
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1263

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 03:01:34 PM

well fork it anyway, so this is a pointless fork?
lets fork the day after also, actually lets have a fork every week for fork sake

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
btcwish1

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 03:02:25 PM

Hello,

Thanks for any advice.

The ratio will be 1:1 and you will receive your forked bitcoincs without doing anything. The process will be automatic and you'll be given the new ones automatically. You have to make sure that you have them in a private wallet. Not the exchange ones, they can make problems to you.

Hi,

Can you please advise which  online wallets are considered as private and will be illegible for Fork?  I have payeer, coinbase, cryptopay and exodus. Thanks
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: