Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:30:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do we keep converting bitcoin back to dollars ?  (Read 4309 times)
mikki14

Activity: 299
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:32:04 PM

When the price increases I convert it into fiat and when the price drops I convert it back to BTC. I don't trade BTC to alts.
And also, what's the point of investing on BTC if you won't feel your profit. Wink

Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:44:04 PM

people convert bitcoin to dollars because people tend to treat bitcoin as an asset. it is a form of job to them as they can earn money and as a form of living.

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████
Aeotx

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:51:34 PM

It's almost like we don't value it for itself, but what it's worth in "real" money.
Well i think people convert bitcoin into dollar to measure how exactly the value of bitcoin .and it is because people use dollar, if you use other local currency you are free to convert it into your local money so you know exactly the price you have.
ace4549

Activity: 699
Merit: 438

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:53:07 PM

For me people are keepin on converting bitcoins into dollars because nowaday fiat money or lets just say dollars is th currebt fiat money
Slipknot79
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 02:53:23 PM

Simply because at this point in time - it is the accepted pegged currency.

Traslavin

Activity: 461
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:56:52 PM

It's almost like we don't value it for itself, but what it's worth in "real" money.
All of us in here was used bitcoin and everyone of us have a right to make their choices to what or how they used the bitcoin. I think why some people keep converting bitcoin back to dollars(or what we called fiat money) because its easy to withdraw if the bitcoin is exchange into dollars we know that the dollars is the using for the other country for exchanging their moneu country amd because its recognizable unlike the bitcoin who alive only in the internet and not recognizable

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
croTek4

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

the Cat-a-clysm.

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:57:17 PM

I challenge you to pay your bills and buy food with bitcoins only. Oh, you also have to pay taxes with your bitcoins.
Okay, now that we can all agree that it's purely impossible at the moment, there's your answer ^^

Seriously, though, it all depends why you have Bitcoins, and what you're planning to do with it.
I personally want to hold them until I can, well, pay bills, eat and pay taxes with it. Lots of people are doing the same thing, as far as I know !

Furthermore, if nobody converts Bitcoin back to dollar, no one can convert dollars into bitcoin. Don't forget that, for every trade, there's a buyer and a seller, it's not rocket science Wink
So, yes, not only people are doing it, but we also need people to do it, and it won't change anytime soon

Catether is an open source mineable ERC20 Token, powered by Cates.
manirobson

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:10:33 PM

Well, the simple truth is that until bitcoin gains wider acceptance, you will still need fiat currency to pay for your everyday needs. So people will always have to convert bitcoin to government issued money for this simple reason.
SummonKing2

Activity: 210
Merit: 128

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:16:18 PM

This method is called trading. Because when the bitcoins fall we will buy it to earn a higher BTC by raising its price again. And when Bitcoins is up, we can sell it again to make money. And wait again that it has fallen to buy cheap cost. That's how my vision is because I'm doing it.
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:22:16 PM

Because it's impossible to fullfil you daily needs using bitcoin only, you can't buy food, electronics, pay medical bill etc with bitcoin only(or at least in my country) so i have to convert it first into fiat. If somedays it's possible to do all things above using bitcoin, then it's not needed anymore to convert it.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
_Legendary_

Activity: 573
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:27:14 PM

No, I think this is the wrong thing, if we exchange bitcoin to fiat such as dollar then we will regret because bitcoin price someday the price will be more expensive.
a4techer

Activity: 552

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:31:06 PM

In my opinion it because of the fluctuation of altcoins if they know that bitcoin going down rapidly so they needed to convert bitcoin to dollars so that the value of there bitcoin was not going down also but if there have a chance to convert again from dollar to bitcoin it just because also the continuesly increasing bitcoin. Bitcoin is ok for me earn and earn as you can without worrieng.
killerfrost

Activity: 1974
Merit: 254

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 03:36:22 PM

I think Bitcoin is more valuable than dollars so everyone converts it to dollars. And I think it would be better at the present time if we use dollars because Bitcoin is not as well known and easier to use than dollars.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Frank0209

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:52:15 PM

Everyone has own reason to do this case. For me I convert Bitcoin to cash cause it's really hard to use Bitcoin directly to purchase or buy anything in my country cause it's not legalized, I'll have to wait 2 more years to see Bitcoin legalized in my country then I can use Bitcoin directly to buy anything I need Cheesy. Beside there are a lot of people making profit from trading so I think they just exchange Bitcoin to cash then they will use cash to buy Bitcoin back when its price dumped lower Cheesy.
Gintama214

Activity: 462

DONATION SENPAI PLEASE <3 <3

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:23:26 PM

We always do convert it with real money because that's are standard currency now, and it is not surprising because we always depend in our real money and check how much does our bitcoin worth. We don't convert it with bitcoin because bitcoin it is still really not stable  that it can be worth as our real currency but I do think that in the future bitcoin will much be more than our real money. Bitcoin has been increasingly overtime and it's all over the news the popularity of bitcoin will gain some boosts into the future that's why for now we don't see its value for itself but soon enough we will.
Cranidos

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:39:26 PM

It's not that we do not value Bitcoin, we value Bitcoin that's why we are striving to accumulate more Bitcoin. Some keeps on converting Bitcoin to fiat because not all merchants are supporting and accepting Bitcoin as payment. So if a person would want to spend his Bitcoin, he has to convert it to fiat first in order to make the purchase. This would stop if and only if Bitcoin goes mainstream and gets a lot of merchants that will accept it as payment.

gilad215

Activity: 430

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:44:32 PM

The main reason is Bitcoin lacks utility. In most of the countries there are hardly any option available to use Bitcoin in real everyday transactions. Bitcoin is basically a high return yielding investment asset right now. Not really useful as currency TBH. Thus, one need to convert it in fiat for acuatl usage of money. This will change in future when adoption will increases.

Neluns
♦ New Generation Financial Ecosystem ♦
Pre-sale on Aug, 1
Btcguygel

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:49:07 PM

ppl mostly convert to dollars because most people use dollars as currency.
Darrylld

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 07:29:58 PM

I run a business on bitcoin. While some of my vendors accept bitcoin or some form of CC, most are not there yet. I need it to stay in operation.
dzhan

Activity: 743

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:33:07 PM

There is many reasons forcing people to convert their bitcoins to fiat currencies like dollars. Sometimes they need to order some goods or services from a marketplace not supporting BTC as a payment method, and sometimes they just need cash for their offline bills.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: