Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:09:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do we keep converting bitcoin back to dollars ?  (Read 4303 times)
Bitcoincole

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:48:04 PM

It's almost like we don't value it for itself, but what it's worth in "real" money.

I think we keep converting it to dollars because that is the only way we know its value or how much it is worth, and not just because we do not value Bitcoins for itself. Just like all other currencies, I think it needs to be converted to other major currencies for comparison and contrast to know how much our currencies are worth in the world market and to assess how well or badly it is currently doing.

Perhaps people have diffirent reasons but mostly they wants to increase their wealth so they converting bitcoin back to dollars and then they buy back the bitcoin in a low percentage of price so can wait another good price hike to sell it again to make it a good profit.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rumexx

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:57:20 PM

It is just to overcome the issue of double coincidence.You may have a Bitcoin and want to get some stuffs but the seller may prefer fiat money at that period  in time so you have to exchange some BTC for such situation and still hold much of your assets in BTC
klatz

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:35:15 PM

It is a really interesting question.
I guess the main problem is that it is not so wide-spread compared to the dollar and a long time ago people worried about changing their gold to dollars.
So only the future will show how widespread bitcoin will be.
Another big concern here is the great exchange fluctuations.
Haunebu

Activity: 3052
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:38:20 PM

Because the dollar is still the leading position in the currency world, bitcoin has not been widely applied in real life.
That is not entirely true. I do realize that holding a physical fiat currency is far more safer and makes us feel better when compared to digital only currencies like bitcoin, but bitcoin is being used more widely these days in real life(Example: Grocery stores, Booking tickets offline etc). With time, more and more offline stores will embrace bitcoin once they understand its value.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
stevanprice

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 12:33:03 PM

It's almost like we don't value it for itself, but what it's worth in "real" money.

I think we keep converting it to dollars because that is the only way we know its value or how much it is worth, and not just because we do not value Bitcoins for itself. Just like all other currencies, I think it needs to be converted to other major currencies for comparison and contrast to know how much our currencies are worth in the world market and to assess how well or badly it is currently doing.
Everyone has different needs and point of view for such cases, some sell bitcoin when the value goes up to get some money and do some shopping, others may just want to sell bitcoin at a top price to buy back for investment. Turning bitcoins back into dollars does not mean we do not assign values to bitcoins exactly the opposite.
Jaya912

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:58:33 PM

We do keeping convert bitcoin to dollar since some people do short term trading that worth if we buy and sell bitcoin in short time.
And some people worry if they hold bitcoin for any longer, bitcoin price become lower.
Jendral Istimewa

Activity: 330

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:24:56 AM

Because the dollar is still the leading position in the currency world, bitcoin has not been widely applied in real life.
I think a lot of people are turning bitcoin into dollars because Dollar money has long been a legitimate means of payment in everyday life, and as the official currency issued by the Bank, and the exchange rate or so-called foreign exchange rates vary, depending on the level of domestic inflation, interest rate payments, foreign exchange reserves, import-export and how much demand for the currency. the dollar is also a high currency exchange rate.

Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:29:48 AM

To be fair it is not just bitcoin everything is being converted to dollars, gold, stocks, commodities etc. As an ivestor i personally think that bitcoin is an asset that can be liquidated anytime i want. Lets be honest not everyone accepts bitcoin or altcoins until every store in the world accepts bitcoin people will convert it to their local currency.
Granslam

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:40:26 AM

To be honest many people converting their bitcoin to usd or their currency but for me?  I dont want to convert my btc in our curency because i know that it will bumo again i have a faith that bitcoin eill go rise again just keep believing.
sandaru

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 02:20:20 AM

I think people who are selling bitcoin at its peek are wise. Because they later buy more bitcoin when its value falls.  Eventhough we sell cash out bitcoin in to fiat currencies , it' s wise to keep buying
Synaesthesia

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 02:22:17 AM

In my opinion, Bitcoin can't use for all case. Therefore, they need transfer it back to dollars to use.
Giebaymax

Activity: 549
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 02:35:40 AM

it all depends on you and if you can keep bitcoin for a long time it is very good and in bitcoin development it can increase in few minutes and back again if you want to convert it into dollars it's all because of our need!!
Karakyli

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 02:39:10 AM

People really have to convert some of their savings in bitcoin back into dollars, because DIRECT payment in bitcoins in some situations is unprofitable because of the long time of the transaction, and partly because of the fact that you can buy directly the goods or services for bitcoin rare cases. Therefore, we must first again bitcoin translate into dollars, and then make the necessary payments.
RAmondragon

Activity: 197

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 02:44:56 AM

I convert it back to cash when the bitcoin value decreaaes. Also if I really need to pay bills. As of the moment, stores and services can be paid only with cash so thats same reason I think the people around here has too.

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
millgates

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 02:46:09 AM

No, that's  not the reason. Bitcoin is still in early phase of acceptance, so the merchants who know and accept bitcoin is not much. But I am sure that in the future we do not need to convert bitcoin into fiat to purchasing goods.
Klestar

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 02:51:40 AM

Because some people believe that rhis is the end of bitcoin which is wrong desicion i know that bitcoin will surpass rhis situation and i know that this is the part of the plan so some rich man buy bitcoin if the bitcoin goes down again.
clarkgeneral86

Activity: 1043
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 02:55:59 AM

For example, you want to buy a hamburger at the store, the fastest way is payments directly. You will waste a lot of time in bitcoin if your transaction is pending for too long and still has no confirmations. So, we keep converting bitcoin back to dollars.
zenrol28
Copper Member

Activity: 854
Merit: 110

Give Hope For Everyone!

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 02:58:24 AM

It's not like we don't value it. Atm, we can't purchase everything with bitcoin or any other digital currencies. That's why we have to convert it to something that it can buy what we need. Time will come that we will not have to convert it back to any fiat currency.

azhar700

Activity: 102

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:00:26 AM

In my opinion, Bitcoin can't use for all case. Therefore, they need transfer it back to dollars to use.

Yes that's right, not everything can be done with bitcoin. In my country bitcoin is well known to the public but has not been used as a legal payment tool, therefore I must first convert bitcoin to fiat. this does not mean I reduce or do not appreciate bitcoin, but this is a necessity.

▬▬▬ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ E i d o o ▬ your blockchain asset experience ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ " Token Sale Raised 82,372.33 ETH " ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ TwitterFacebook  ▰ BountyDiscussion ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▬▬▬
BlackRacerX

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:17:36 AM

It's easier to see the figures in dollars. This has to be done so that bitcoins will have a price to compare to. It' hard to value a commodity or a currency without a reference point i.e. a dollar. It'll be hard to actually know how much a bitcoin costa if we used Japanese Yen. It'll be in thr millions figure. Dollars would be a feasible choice at this point.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: