Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:22:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do we keep converting bitcoin back to dollars ?  (Read 4309 times)
Fasdartin

Activity: 618
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:54:08 AM

Its because we really need cash money in order to buy our daily needs and wants.
Because some people needs cash for their daily expenses, also because bitcoin is not convenient to use as payment in stores and malls. So that they still converting it back to dollars, you can also use bitcoin as payment but for online only. Maybe someday they accept bitcoin as payment in many country, and i think right now there is some country who accept payment through it.
Lang09

Activity: 350
Merit: 111

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:56:22 AM

For me, it's a good idea to hold a bitcoin, for when the time comes when the price goes up, I get a lot of profits. But I also can not avoid converting Btc into dollor because I also need financial support for my needs.
haiyou

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:03:13 AM

People are greedy and fame and fortune, and only so many people buy and sell will be able to promote the development of bitcoin, if everyone holds bitcoin has not been sold, the development of bitcoin may not now So powerful
magicmeyk

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:07:19 AM

In my case, I keep converting my bitcoin to dollar because I use it for trading, buy low sell high so I can add up the volume of my bitcoin holding.
ahiaba.john@yahoo.com

Activity: 365
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 11:20:29 AM

For now converting bitcoin back to dollars is highly needed since most of our local market needs hard currency to transact local businesses. This also strengthen the use of bitcoin by many people in the world since its circulation is still on going. Converting bitcoin back to dollars make bitcoin more real and meaningful.

monika27

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:26:04 PM

because some of this world has not legalized or inaugurated bitcoin can be for transactions, such as paying electricity to pay installments or buy daily needs. different case if in your country can for the means of payment.
Bruno77

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:30:14 PM

We convert it because most of the countries are still not adopting the bitcoin as a payment. There is no use if we can't even use it right? We invest in bitcoin and get profit for us to use it. Mostly, people would convert them to USD and then use it for their personal finances. Also, only part of our investment is what we convert. Almost 50% of them are kept for holding which will get us more profit.
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:39:02 PM

True. People convert due to necessity, and you cannot blame them. They convert too because they would like to venture onto other offline businesses. This is a fact of life. It is just like they are earning Bitcoins but they spend the dollar way because it is the latter that is acceptable in the market. Moreover, they convert to dollars to have a benchmark of how much they are earning. That is just it. Nothing more that will put Bitcoin to bad light.
cupronickel

Activity: 64

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:42:57 PM

I use Bitcoin as a store of value and I take notice of dollars only if it affects trading (eg reaching large numbers like 1,000, 10,000 etc). Otherwise, my point of reference is BTC alone and I trade in order to gain BTC, not US$. When BTC becomes transactionally useful, I will be pricing material things in BTC, too. But that's still a few years away.

Vires in Numeris
paul00

Activity: 854
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:19:24 PM

Not because we convert bitcoin into dollar and other spending currency we already don’t value its essence. I personally do this conversion to earn profit on my bitcoin. It is natural that people would wish to convert their bitcoins once it value arises and buy or convert your dollars into bitcoin once it decreases its value since as users we are taking the risk of making profit out of the value fluctuations.
Shamie1002

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:33:59 AM

It's almost like we don't value it for itself, but what it's worth in "real" money.

Valuing bitcoin doesn't mean JUST HODL or TRADE. Using it as a currency is one way of valuing it and that includes selling it.
As long as we make transactions we can say that we value it. Using it primarily meaning it is being valued.

On the other hand, people may convert it back to Dollars or any Fiat money because we can't deny that stores do not accept until today and we need to buy necessities. There are some but not in every country.
Nilda

Activity: 336
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:50:58 AM

Because most establishments right now don’t accept bitcoins. I can’t wait for the day when one could travel in a other countries with only a bitcoin wallet or card and a little cash (for tips) in hand.

KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:13:41 PM

It's almost like we don't value it for itself, but what it's worth in "real" money.

Because ir is easier ro see how valuablr bitcoins are when it is cpmpared to a certain currency with a 2 decimal place index like dollars. Dollars are more attractive to investors as well. Imagine comparing bitcoins to the currency in Zimbabwe. We will probably have hyperinflated bitcoin prices too.

dknight456

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:14:08 PM

People should use Bitcoin for what it is really but at the moment we can't because it's not accepted everywhere meaning we need to convert to dollars to actually get by in life.
gabinsight

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 12:33:43 PM

Bitcoins can be used as a legal tender in very few occasions. The main reason why people convert their Bitcoins to dollars is just so they can use it to do more purchasing transactions.
Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:39:20 PM

For one, the dollar is more stable, and that's despite it being issued by a country in more debt than any other country in history.   

That said, when you convert back to fiat, take profits from crypto, you should be converting to a basket of currencies, not just the US dollar.   Euro, Australian Dollar, Singapore Dollar, Japanese Yen, ... and two of my personal favorites, the Swiss Franc and Taiwan Dollar.

sent from my X6
Marucya

Activity: 258

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 01:31:36 PM

Currently, bitcoin has an unstable reputation in the community, which focused on legal and regulatory requirements for the decentralization of the system.
Marucya

Activity: 258

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 01:50:27 PM

Crypto currency is designed for payments on the Internet. Crypto currency and Bitcoin as a whole is a new fresh niche.
For most users, only its value and the ability to earn on the fluctuations of the exchange rate is important.
Mhedz

Activity: 336

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 01:54:24 PM

For me,most bitcoiner keep converting their bitcoin into dollar because of it's volatile price. Then when bitcoin price  fall down,they will buy bitcoin again and will get more bitcoin in their wallets. That's their strategy to have some profit.

Zyborg

Activity: 476
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:04:05 PM

Their may be different reasons depending upon the understanding.Suppose a short term investor who bought BTC at $12000 and current price of BTC is $15000 and the price starts falling down,these kind of investors start selling of their BTC into dollar or any localbitcoin to avoid further loss.They do not know that the price may also touch $20k.so its advisable not to invest for shrot term.Some people need money they cash their BTC,depending upon different needs.Some people reach enough return they sell to get profit.So in a nutshell i can say that reasons of converting into dollar may be different.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: