Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 02:05:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitCentury] Metabank 120Gh 65nm Asic Pre-Order Proxy [0.7W/GH - 32BTC Per Unit]  (Read 18118 times)
digitalmagus

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 08:15:03 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2013, 08:33:25 PM by digitalmagus

in short you are proposing to export it from russia to outside. that s all? please confirm

Yes, that is the TL;DR (summary) version. I would add that we also will be testing the units for a very brief time to ensure they are fully working and hopefully avoid any DOA's.
digitalmagus

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 08:28:53 PM

Is it possible to get your identity verified by john K?

As per the FAQ in the second post, we are not doing escrow; however, I will ask JohnK if he can verify my identity to the community, as in I am who I say I am. I trust that might help a bit, assuming he agrees to do this.
Cheers,
Luis
person

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 08:37:18 PM

3 simple questions...

All units will be picked up from Metabank and taken to our office in downtown moscow.

1. Where are your offices in Moscow?
Is there an incorporated company in Russia?
Could you please provide address/info?

2. Who from the three is actually from Russia with experience in doing business there?

#3) We will reply with a contract of sale for you to Print, Sign and Return to us.

3. Is the contract sent out being signed by all 3 (with full legal name and contact info)?
TheSeven

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

FPGA Mining LLC

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 08:45:18 PM

#3) We will reply with a contract of sale for you to Print, Sign and Return to us.

Sending a contract after payment is indeed a nice stunt. Wink

What about publishing the contract here, so people know what they're actually supposed to sign before payment?

And is there an estimated shipping/leaving-the-country date?

My tip jar: 13kwqR7B4WcSAJCYJH1eXQcxG5vVUwKAqY
auto2nr1

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 09:00:43 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=223556.msg2348940#msg2348940

Can you offer a better price? This is the lowest price available this far.
senseless (OP)

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 09:10:37 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2013, 11:58:37 PM by senseless

Sending a contract after payment is indeed a nice stunt. Wink

What about publishing the contract here, so people know what they're actually supposed to sign before payment?

And is there an estimated shipping/leaving-the-country date?

I will get the contract posted asap, once its drawn up. It was something that was overlooked until dogie brought it up. Essentially it will just say what has already been said. That we're not responsible if metabank fails to deliver or turns out to be a scam of one nature or another. In the event of a failure of metabank we will eat losses on expenses and refund the remainder of the order that would have gone toward our expenses/profits. That we will accept responsibility of getting the machines tested and sent from russia once they're delivered into our hands to the end user which ordered the product.

digitalmagus

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 09:36:40 PM

Hi person,
Excellent questions!

3 simple questions...
Q1. Where are your offices in Moscow? Is there an incorporated company in Russia?  Could you please provide address/info?

I don't believe we'll want to disclose the address due to the security nature of potentially receiving large orders of valuable circuit boards at the location. Operating in Russia, is not like operating in North America or Europe. Ultimately, I don't think it would be fair to put everyone's circuit boards at risk.

Q2. Who from the three is actually from Russia with experience in doing business there?

Neither one of us. I have a friend who is Russian and whom I trust, and has lived and done business in Russia for many years. He will be our principal employee, with possibly more as required.

Q3. Is the contract sent out being signed by all 3 (with full legal name and contact info)?

We will check with our lawyers early this coming week to check on what is advisable. I can't see all 3 of us signing a contract for logistic reasons, likely one of us will sign on behalf of our company.

Thanks,
Luis
TheSeven

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

FPGA Mining LLC

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 10:32:30 PM

I will get the contracted posted asap, once its drawn up. It was something that was overlooked until dogie brought it up. Essentially it will just say what has already been said. That we're not responsible if metabank fails to deliver or turns out to be a scam of one nature or another. In the event of a failure of metabank we will eat losses on expenses and refund the remainder of the order that would have gone toward our expenses/profits. That we will accept responsibility of getting the machines tested and sent from russia once they're delivered into our hands to the end user which ordered the product.

Why go through metabank in the first place? Can you please tell us why exactly that intermediary is required?
Especially if you are asking for payment in BTC, I don't see any reason why that should go through them.

My tip jar: 13kwqR7B4WcSAJCYJH1eXQcxG5vVUwKAqY
senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:37:44 PM

I will get the contracted posted asap, once its drawn up. It was something that was overlooked until dogie brought it up. Essentially it will just say what has already been said. That we're not responsible if metabank fails to deliver or turns out to be a scam of one nature or another. In the event of a failure of metabank we will eat losses on expenses and refund the remainder of the order that would have gone toward our expenses/profits. That we will accept responsibility of getting the machines tested and sent from russia once they're delivered into our hands to the end user which ordered the product.

Why go through metabank in the first place? Can you please tell us why exactly that intermediary is required?
Especially if you are asking for payment in BTC, I don't see any reason why that should go through them.

Metabank is the primary investor in bitfury and will be the sole supplier of chips and devices. They currently have no plans to ship to anyone outside of russia.

https://metabank.ru/asic

Кaк бyдeт ocyщecтвлятcя пocтaвкa в peгиoны? B дpyгиe cтpaны?
Пpoвepeнными кypьepcкими cлyжбaми (Пoчтa PФ иcключeнa).
B дpyгиe cтpaны ycтpoйcтвo нe пocтaвляeтcя.

It will be carrying out deliveries to the regions? In other countries?
Verified by courier services (Mail of Russia excluded).
In other countries the device is not available.

adamthefishman

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:48:11 PM

Interested and watching.
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 11:47:40 PM

Are they standalone or USB?

Is there any kind of configuration needed where not knowing russian will be a problem?
If so, are you planning on translating any instructions/documents/configuration web pages?

senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 12:29:01 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2013, 12:42:41 AM by senseless

Are they standalone or USB?

Is there any kind of configuration needed where not knowing russian will be a problem?
If so, are you planning on translating any instructions/documents/configuration web pages?

There is currently no published information as to what they are going for (standalone/usb). Based upon technical information I've been able to translate reading various bitfury posts it should/will likely be a standalone unit. We will of course provide instruction, documentation and configuration translations as necessary.

auto2nr1

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 12:54:07 AM

Since Metabank.ru is pricing their products with USD. Would you be able to just price it in USD as well so the fluctuation in the BTC would not matter? Would you be able to get more aggressive in pricing with the bulk purchases listed?
papamoi

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 01:01:19 AM

Waouh

the margin is too much at least 50/100 from metabank price ,that s little bit much for packing testing and sending the devices

you need to study your prices i think
auto2nr1

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 01:07:19 AM

Waouh

the margin is too much at least 50/100 from metabank price ,that s little bit much for packing testing and sending the devices

I think so too. Let's get better prices going on these units. It might help you guys by moving more volume vs keeping prices high and selling less units.
dvdrewritable

Activity: 280
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 01:18:03 AM

Waouh

from my experience Russian customs is nightmare, import/export to private individual is not smooth experience
the risk can be 'reduced' for some extra $ - There will be cheaper competitors but the main issue you'll have to deal with any re-seller is trust- worse would be saving hundred dollars but never receiving anything.

flight to Domodedovo is less than 150€, may as well take short holiday and save headache

▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     I  D  Ξ  A  O  L  O  G  Y     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄
SUPPORT BRIGHT IDEAS THROUGH CROWDFUNDING
Follow us on:  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Medium  |  Youtube
digitalmagus

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 01:53:20 AM

Waouh

Hi,
We've just updated the first post with bulk pricing as per below. This is about as low as we can go though, and believe me, our spreadsheets are pretty large, so we've definitely 'studied our prices'.
Possibly consider doing group buys with trusted friends for more units, if you want to achieve a lower price and still go through us.

Bulk Pricing is as follows:
1-4     units: 30BTC Each
5-10   units: 28BTC Each
11-24 units: 27BTC Each
25+   units: 26BTC Each

Note: Pricing is subject to change, depending primarily on Metabank's price changes which are directly related to BTC USD value; however, we will honour orders submitted with our latest posted prices.

Best Regards,
Luis
slightboyme

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 02:29:30 AM

It would be helpful to post some preorder stats: how many preordered? how many left?
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 02:33:07 AM

Yes, this project looks promising. I've been following 100T/H for a little while and of course this is using the same hardware. I also think your margins are reasonable seeing as you have to do ordering, testing and shipping.

I would like to see a contract of sale and any further details available about the physical miner before committing further, though.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 02:37:57 AM

It would be helpful to post some preorder stats: how many preordered? how many left?

This is currently unknown as metabank is currently not publishing this information. We can only guess and speculate based on those who have posted orders, and order numbers.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: