Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:38:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitCentury] Metabank 120Gh 65nm Asic Pre-Order Proxy [0.7W/GH - 32BTC Per Unit]  (Read 18113 times)
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 12:57:17 PM

^^ That above picture of Yifu looks suspiciously like a cardboard cut-out of him attending a 'Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy' expo...Grin

Heh, it does now that you mention it, but I don't want to post a high res picture of myself. I'm not that pretty to look at, besides, if it was a cardboard cut-out, surely Yifu would have removed the towel off his shoulder before mass production of cardboard cut outs being distributed globally.  ;-)

Not necessarily; Yifu looks like a frood that really know's where his towel is...

Look at the pictures of Inaba/BFL_Josh...never with a towel!

'Nuff said!!

By that logic, now I'm really sold on BitSyncom! Grin

Where's your towel by the way?! No towel, no dice!

"A Towel is the most important item a Hitchhiker can carry.

Just about the most massively useful thing any interstellar Hitchhiker can carry. Partly it has great practical value. You can wrap it around you for warmth as you bound across the cold moons of Jaglan Beta; you can lie on it on the brilliant marble-sanded beaches of Santraginus V, inhaling the beady sea vapours; you can sleep under it beneath the stars which shine so redly on the desert world of Kakrafoon; use it to sail a miniraft down the slow heavy River Moth; wet it for use in hand-to-hand combat; wrap it round your head to ward of noxious fumes or avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (a mind-bogglingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it can't see you — daft as a brush, but very very ravenous); you can wave your towel in emergencies as a distress signal, and of course you can dry yourself off with it if it still seems to be clean enough.

More importantly, a towel has immense psychological value. For some reason, if a strag (strag: nonhitchhiker) discovers that a hitchhiker has his towel with him, he will automatically assume that he is also in possession of a toothbrush, washcloth, soap, tin of biscuits, flask, compass, map, ball of string, gnat spray, wet-weather gear, space suit etc., etc. Furthermore, the strag will then happily lend the hitchhiker any of these or a dozen other items that the hitchhiker might accidentally have "lost." What the strag will think is that any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the Galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through and still knows where his towel is, is clearly a man to be reckoned with.

Hence a phrase which has passed into hitch hiking slang, as in "Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is.""

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 02:01:36 PM

after placing my order i should expect to receive my asic unit between august and october?

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
senseless (OP)

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 02:14:46 PM

after placing my order i should expect to receive my asic unit between august and october?

Correct, You can expect that we will continue to stay in communication with everyone who orders to keep them up to date on the latest status of the asic, pcb, and shipments. If there are any delays or problems we will communicate these to you, and the other customers. If you have any questions going forward you can also ask them here, on IRC or contact us directly (PM, Email, etc).

OrphanedGland

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 02:35:57 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2013, 03:20:10 PM by OrphanedGland

Hi All,

My name is Nigel Brine.  I have experience in chip design (http://www.adelaide.edu.au/chiptec/chip-gallery/Correlator.png), FPGA development, and signal processing, and completed my PhD in wireless communications in 2010 at the University of Adelaide, South Australia.

You may recognize me as a contributor to the open source FPGA Bitcoin miner project on github, started by fpgaminer.  I originally came into contact with senseless through his interest in this project, and have since decided to join him and digitalmagus to form BitCentury.  We are all passionate about Bitcoin and believe it has a bright future.  We have been looking for opportunities in the Bitcoin mining space, and I see our initial offering as a stepping-stone to bigger and better things in the future.  In the meantime I hope I can assist with any technical questions you may have.

Regards,
Nigel Brine / OrphanedGland
Rora

Activity: 244
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 02:50:46 PM

Can you confirm how many units have been pre-ordered and how many still remain?
senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 02:53:17 PM

Can you confirm how many units have been pre-ordered and how many still remain?

Metabank is not publishing this information we can only guess based on user published information.

Rora

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 02:57:25 PM

Whats your current guestimate?
digitalmagus

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 03:01:00 PM

Nice to see both of you handling things like this in a civil manner. Not everyone has the grace to conduct business professionally, so good job.

Thanks canth. Aside from being the right thing to do, we are aiming to establish Bitcentury as a long term company offering this and other future services, so it is in our best interest to be a good community citizen and build a solid reputation.
Luis
senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 03:02:07 PM

Whats your current guestimate?

I would say less than half, probably less than 25%.

ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 03:10:39 PM

what if we don't receive any of the asic products, and things did not work out.

Do we get refund?

I am ready to purchase 3 units.

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 03:18:47 PM

what if we don't receive any of the asic products, and things did not work out.

Do we get refund?

I am ready to purchase 3 units.

Q#1: If it turns out that metabank and the bitfury asic are a scam, will you refund our money?
A#1: If it turns out metabank is indeed perpetrating a scam and all funds sent to them are lost; we will take a loss on any onsite incidental expenses (Employees, Plane Tickets, Rent, etc) incurred and refund the remainder of your transaction to your bitcoin address. Unfortunately we cannot take responsibility for the actions of anyone but ourselves. The amount refunded should be roughly 12 bitcoins per device (Depending on the BTC/USD value at the time of order).

We're using your coins to purchase your units from metabank. If they fail to deliver there is really nothing we can do on our end. We are willing to take the loss on expenses for employees, plane tickets, rent, etc, but we're unable to warranty or guarantee Metabank's delivery of the products. The contract which we will have available soon will simply reiterate these points and outline your expectations of us and the liabilities to all involved.

Rora

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 03:37:43 PM

If I purchase a unit now, only to change my mind in a couple of days. Would I get a full refund or only the 12 BTC? I understand you want to cover your expenses but one would hardly have incurred many expenses in that time frame?
senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 03:53:19 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2013, 06:02:46 PM by senseless

If I purchase a unit now, only to change my mind in a couple of days. Would I get a full refund or only the 12 BTC? I understand you want to cover your expenses but one would hardly have incurred many expenses in that time frame?

The 12BTC refund would only apply if metabank fails to supply us with the devices ordered. You are able to request a refund up to 29 days after the initial order for a full bitcoin value refund.

stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 04:00:21 PM

My name is Nigel Brine.  I have experience in chip design (http://www.adelaide.edu.au/chiptec/chip-gallery/Correlator.png), FPGA development, and signal processing, and completed my PhD in wireless communications in 2010 at the University of Adelaide, South Australia.

...and there I was speculating that I was the first and perhaps only person from Adelaide who was going to end up with one of these units. Far from it!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
GodfatherBond

Activity: 264

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 05:45:46 PM

Bulk Pricing is as follows:
1-4 units: 32BTC Each
5-10 units: 30BTC Each
11-24 units: 29BTC Each
25+ units: 28BTC Each

Hello! Does those prices inlude also ASIC machine or only your service?
I guess ASIC is included on the price ?! But please confirm.
senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 05:53:09 PM

Bulk Pricing is as follows:
1-4 units: 32BTC Each
5-10 units: 30BTC Each
11-24 units: 29BTC Each
25+ units: 28BTC Each

Hello! Does those prices inlude also ASIC machine or only your service?
I guess ASIC is included on the price ?! But please confirm.

Yes, this pricing includes the device, our fees and shipping to your location.

jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 06:47:48 PM

Do you ship to Bellarussia?

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 07:20:51 PM

Do you ship to Bellarussia?

DHL does currently provide shipping to and from Belarus/Belarusian. You will of course be responsible for any taxes or duties on the incoming package.

You can view the DHL site for your country here: http://www.by.dhl.com/en.html

Rora

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 10:13:06 PM

When will Metabank release additional information regarding this product? Prototypes? Videos? Pictures?
optimator

Activity: 351

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 10:18:31 PM

Do you know why Metabank has chosen not to ship out of Russia? What are the issues that they see that you believe will not be a problem for you?

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: