Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:50:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My account got stolen  (Read 224 times)
qteke (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 01:19:08 PM

Recently, i tried to log in into my account and my password wouldn't work. I tried recovering my account but it seemed to not recognize my email. Then i search for my posts on the forum and found out that my email was changed and someone was posting on my behalf. I've contacted, with the BTC signature of the oldest BTC address, theymos but i've got no response and also Cyrus, which responded 1 week ago, locked my account but no response since then. Is there anyone who i can contact or something more that i can do?
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
blueteam09

Activity: 664
Merit: 100

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:37:46 PM

I think how you can let hackers control your entire account if you seem to have given them information and they have a chance to do it for you. If it's bigger then it's a bank account or something bigger then your loss probably is not small. You can live in a life where everything is controlled by you, so I admire you. So from now on you should control everything that does not provide information to anyone who does not feel confident to check your computer for viruses or keylogs do not do because of your greed at any time. Which will share the account to others. As for the problem of your money, I think it will not get back to where I thought you should forget it and start with the new account.

qteke (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:55:22 PM

I think how you can let hackers control your entire account if you seem to have given them information and they have a chance to do it for you. If it's bigger then it's a bank account or something bigger then your loss probably is not small. You can live in a life where everything is controlled by you, so I admire you. So from now on you should control everything that does not provide information to anyone who does not feel confident to check your computer for viruses or keylogs do not do because of your greed at any time. Which will share the account to others. As for the problem of your money, I think it will not get back to where I thought you should forget it and start with the new account.

I don't understand your point here. Beside the post count for your signature campaign, your post is simply nonsense. I did not ask for help with my bank accounts or whatever you are talking about there. I purely talk administrative stuff about my old account which has been stolen without my consent. So stop post hunting and be relevant.
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 03:27:31 PM

-snip- I purely talk administrative stuff about my old account which has been stolen without my consent. So stop post hunting and be relevant.
Just PM them again. They're busy people. Eventually you'll get it sorted out -- but don't spam them.

qteke (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:45:06 AM

3 Months later, no response from any of the admins, can some mod, or anyone help me ping them? Thanks very much!
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 12:08:21 PM

3 Months later, no response from any of the admins, can some mod, or anyone help me ping them? Thanks very much!
PM me the signed message and I'll at least lock the account.

qteke (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:56:29 PM

I've sent them a PM with a new signature.
My hacked hero account is https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=377044 and it has passed almost 6 months since i lost the access to the account. I've sent several PMs to the administrators and it seems they might have skipped mine. I'm posting here hoping that will bring it to their attention.

Proof that i'm the owner:
The first bitcoin address posted by me is here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=907271.msg12283020#msg12283020 and to prove that this is my address i signed this message:

Bitcoin address:
Code:
19UzR8CEFtibmq9XqwATHx72BHtqnLKP3A

Im an now logged in as qteke at bitcointalk on 11.01.2018, because my account lol3c was hacked.

Signature:
Code:
HGyEzwAM3/orjoNIY25XPsxpSeqiP8fZQyegTePi/KCsVHiXVU2QvHywd3HjNc/ZcfD2vwQ8x8h5e3mDF1ie/8c=

I'm adding as more proof, some of my private message that admins can check: https://imgur.com/a/KkBLI

Please help me recover my account.
qteke (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:21:20 AM

Is this procedure of restoring hacked accounts even working for anyone? It's been almost 6 months since i sent my first PM and sending every month since then without any response...  Huh
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 07:03:48 AM

Is this procedure of restoring hacked accounts even working for anyone? It's been almost 6 months since i sent my first PM and sending every month since then without any response...  Huh
AFAIK it's still working though really, really slow since it's primarily one of the admins that's handling these cases. Really hoping there's an automated system for doing handling this stuff in the new forum software.

qteke (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 04:06:11 PM

Another 5 messages sent, each one with renewed signature. I just don't understand the lack of accessability to recover your account and the lack of the communication between the users and the staff. Why is this such a lower priority, it's the base of the security of the forum smh..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: