Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:08:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ebay - Important  (Read 1719 times)
flowdab (OP)

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 05:38:37 PM

I have been listing ASICMINER USB Block Erupters on ebay. I just received a call from them saying that these do not fit their "risk profile" and that NOTHING to do with bitcoin will be allowed on their site.

Has anyone else come across this?

Are there any other options for third-party sale of bitcoin hardware?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pinger
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin - Resistance is futile

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 05:40:33 PM

I have been listing ASICMINER USB Block Erupters on ebay. I just received a call from them saying that these do not fit their "risk profile" and that NOTHING to do with bitcoin will be allowed on their site.

Too much scams related to ASIC miners and Bitcoin sellers. Is normal I think.

For rent
flowdab (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 05:41:44 PM

They have not had any chargebacks to date and she said she has only spoken with 2 other sellers that do this. She had a gross misunderstanding of what bitcoin is and what the hardware does.
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 05:41:45 PM

No that's not normal. You are selling in-hand hardware.
flowdab (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 05:47:58 PM

No that's not normal. You are selling in-hand hardware.

I know! She said that I couldn't test it and I didn't have it in hand and I told her I'd done both of those things! I informed her that it was no different than purchasing other computer hardware. I was not selling bitcoins or even taking bitcoin as payment, in part because I WANTED my buyers to have the comfort to contest payment. But she said, "Anything to do with bitcoin is not allowed on Ebay".
flowdab (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 06:15:03 PM

My ebay auctions have been canceled.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 07:59:59 PM

Paypal TOS now includes a stipulation that no Bitcoin mining hardware shall be sold via Paypal/eBay. Thanks BFL. They did the same thing to NORFED (silver based alternative currency) listings not too long ago, despite trading it as a collectable being completely legal. The secret service without a court order, simply requested them to be removed from eBay, its primary marketplace. The masters tools shall not be used to tear down the masters house. Welcome to fascist America.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=202431.0
gdassori

Activity: 980
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 09:16:19 PM

The war of United States to bitcoin has began, no doubt.

a) Dwalla\MtGox story
b) Liberty Reserve takedown
c) Last week OKPay stops on BTC deposits, launched less than three months ago.
d) now this.
e) what more?

Thank silk road and all the bad publicity, they now have an alibi for the audience.

teek

Activity: 667
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 09:25:26 PM

curious..  was it EBAY itself calling?  Or was it paypal?

flowdab (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:48:12 PM

Ebay.

They then cancelled the listings saying:

The following listing(s) have been removed because of concerns with your account:

271216754654 - ASIC Miner - 333 M/Hash for Bitcoin mining USB Mobile Miner

All associated fees have been credited to your account. We'll send you a separate notice regarding your account status.

If you have any concerns or questions, click "Customer Support" at the top of most eBay pages.

We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.
bystander

Activity: 177

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 05:26:55 AM

Just saw the reddit thread about this, looks like you were able to re-list on ebay without any mention of bitcoin.  Hope that they just let it run this time.  Have seen a bunch of auctions being deleted in the past week, probably by that same person you talked to on the phone who can't tell the difference between bfl's / avalons / usb miners.

The reddit thread had a link back to here about a recent PayPal incident.  Apparently in the latest update, the seller said he finally got to complete his sale by using a family's paypal account to sell the fpga unit, he even explained to the PayPal guy that it was used for bitcoin mining, they called the buyers and found no problem so they let it go.

It seems the eBay/PayPal policies are still being hammered out and there's some clarification that will be needed soon.  Maybe Amazon might be worth a look if this keeps up.

Eastwind

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 03:19:17 PM

In ebay.co.uk, you can still bitcoin or mining equipment
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p4712.m570.l1313.TR10.TRC0&_nkw=bitcoin&_sacat=0&_from=R40
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=bitcoin&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0&_nkw=bitcoin+mining&_sacat=0
jdbtracker

Activity: 727
Merit: 500

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 03:39:34 PM

I got my posting for building Bitcoin miners taken down off of Kijiji a daughter company to Ebay.

all I was saying was I build computers for bitcoin mining. sorry not allowed to advertise that and I even followed all their rules, no ongoing payments can only advertise in my local area etc etc. I tried reposting it but this time it took hours, to confirm all my other kijiji postings have gone immediately into effect.

This is a concerted effort friends, time to build the decentralized ebay killer app. we already got the paypal killer app

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
Pale Phoenix

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 05:29:28 PM

How about giving Amazon Marketplace a shot? I see BTC related items for sale over there.

jacoby0419

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 06:40:48 PM

I had a listing for .5 btc pulled down last night.  'Digital Delivery of Goods' issue.  I hadn't sold a lot of it, probably totalling 2 btc over the last 6 weeks.  Just testing the waters.

I have sold a few bitcoin mining rigs on there though (GPU based).
nullbitspectre1848

Activity: 141

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 08:04:57 PM

As much as I want to tell BFL to go suck a fat d***, does anyone know if you can still pay for the Jally upgrade with paypal?  Still shows as a payment method on their lying ass website.

data_teks

Activity: 267
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 01:32:28 AM

They have not had any chargebacks to date and she said she has only spoken with 2 other sellers that do this. She had a gross misunderstanding of what bitcoin is and what the hardware does.

Hmm, you're telling me eBay hasn't had ANY chargebacks related to bitcoin miners? I find that hard to believe, which makes the rest of your post of "eBay called me" a little odd. All my years of dealing with eBay, I never once had them call me; even when I was a gold powerseller with a personal account manager. Any violations were just done via email, etc...Only time I got them on the phone was when I called.  Maybe things have changed?

Ebay.

They then cancelled the listings saying:

The following listing(s) have been removed because of concerns with your account:

271216754654 - ASIC Miner - 333 M/Hash for Bitcoin mining USB Mobile Miner

All associated fees have been credited to your account. We'll send you a separate notice regarding your account status.

If you have any concerns or questions, click "Customer Support" at the top of most eBay pages.

We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.

Curiously they said it was concerns with your account and not necessarily with the item being sold. You tried selling it with a new account?
Twerka

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 06:21:54 PM

The war of United States to bitcoin has began, no doubt.

a) Dwalla\MtGox story
b) Liberty Reserve takedown
c) Last week OKPay stops on BTC deposits, launched less than three months ago.
d) now this.
e) what more?

Thank silk road and all the bad publicity, they now have an alibi for the audience.

True, but luckily the citizen from USA knows what they gov is doing...

The worst enemy of Bitcoin is Mt.Gox exchange.
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:51:21 PM

I got my posting for building Bitcoin miners taken down off of Kijiji a daughter company to Ebay.

all I was saying was I build computers for bitcoin mining. sorry not allowed to advertise that and I even followed all their rules, no ongoing payments can only advertise in my local area etc etc. I tried reposting it but this time it took hours, to confirm all my other kijiji postings have gone immediately into effect.

This is a concerted effort friends, time to build the decentralized ebay killer app. we already got the paypal killer app

It's already here:

http://www.bitmit.net/
Dreamybids

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:53:27 PM

Yeah paypal is not looking to play a part in building a competing payment processor.

You could host your auctions on our Dreamybids.com rapid auction platform.

Rapid auctions take less than 15 mins to complete. Say you want $250 for 1 ASICMINER USB Block Erupter

We'll set the rapid auction to require at least 5 people in the auction before it starts. Each player will need
at least $47 in bids in their account. 5 x $50 = your $250 asking price.

Using our gamified bidding format, you can freeze the bid of the next bidder, block others from joining the auction
and more fun features.

Only one person will win the auction, so the auction winner gets the $250 ASICMINER USB Block Erupter, for the $50
they spent on bids.

Get 2 free bids when you sign up, using our arcade, you could turn those 2 bids to piles of bids. Set the high
score, then earn bids each time another player fails to beat your high score.

This is really a fun new way to sell your products or services.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: