Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:05:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC supportline broken. What to do now?  (Read 236 times)
davecrypto (OP)

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:14:58 PM

Hi,

I have about 1BTC, the supportline is broken, also there is a lot of drama about the upcoming hardfork(s).

What would you do / are you doing? Keep the BTC or buy altcoin?

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@cryptopassion/btc-support-line-broken

I really can't afford to lose much money now. Is there an altcoin that is expected to go up will end of the year?

All the coins I invested so far dropped hard, like SYScoin, Lisk, Viacoin, Siacoin, NEM, NXT, Monero, Stellar Lumens, Stratis...

...the only coin that is rising and seems to be good now is KOREcoin - but I don't know if i should risk putting 1BTC into it.

CORNUCOPIA    || Gain Access to Amazing IPOs || [ Pre-Ico 2018 ]

Whitepaper    Facebook TwitterTelegram
nominee

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:29:59 PM

Hi,

I have about 1BTC, the supportline is broken, also there is a lot of drama about the upcoming hardfork(s).

I really can't afford to lose much money now. Is there an altcoin that is expected to go up will end of the year?

All the coins I invested so far dropped hard, like SYScoin, Lisk, Viacoin, Siacoin, NEM, NXT, Monero, Stellar Lumens, Stratis...

...the only coin that is rising and seems to be good now is KOREcoin - but I don't know if i should risk putting 1BTC into it.

Nothing is broken, please try to act like a bit more stronger. These panicking waves and beahaviour make others panick as well. This is why you lose your money instead of getting more of it by waiting. That's the rule of thumb.
Psynthax

Activity: 2324
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:50:37 PM

Hi,

Nothing is broken, please try to act like a bit more stronger. These panicking waves and beahaviour make others panick as well. This is why you lose your money instead of getting more of it by waiting. That's the rule of thumb.
The op just made other person was feeling panic caused by this thread, the chart of bitcoin was really stable op. you must not feel worry about the future of the bitcoin. regarding the next hardfork and a lot of people are selling their bitcoin cash to buy the bitcoin and got the bitcoin gold.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
aceptamosbitcoin

Activity: 981
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:50:48 PM

Hi,

Nope, you don't need to put your single precious BTC into KOREcoin.
Alt's price is always in correlation with BTC. If it's too stressful, just withdraw all and step of. If not, just hold and don't look into the price ticker every 30 mins.
CoinCollector006

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:53:06 PM

My advice to you is to hold your coins and lengthen your time frame, otherwise you will hand yourself an immediate loss. I share many of your positions and am holding my coins. Historically BTC has had volatility exceeding 100% and drawdowns exceeding 40%. Small cap cryptos have even higher volatility so you should be braced for this level of volatility. In fact some investors including myself dollar cost average their buying and buy more crypto coins when prices are down to increase position sizes. As a rule when investing, you should never risk more capital than you can afford to lose. Hopefully what you have invested is not your life savings.

We don't know what your purchase price was and whether you bought near peaks in the various coins you own. If so you may have tax losses which can offset taxable income you might have elsewhere. This of course depends on your local tax regime.    

If you need something safe and low risk crypto is not the place for it, maybe you could consider US municipal bonds in a state with solid financials.

░▓██████████████░
    ░▒██            ▒██▒░         ▓█████▓                               ░█████▒               ███                   
█████▓░     ██████░   ▒▓████      ██░░░▓█▓                             ▒███▒▓███              ███                     
██        █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█▓▒    ██     ▒█▓    ██                             ███   ▒██▒                                 
▓█      ░█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓█░  █▓     ▓█▒   ▒█▓  ░████▓    █████   ░█████▓  ██▓    ██▓  ███████▓   ▓██   ▒█████▓   ███████▓
░█░    ░█▓▒▒░░░░░▒ ░▒██  ░█░     ██    ██░  ██  ▓█▒  ██░ ▒█▓  ▓█▓  ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███▒ ▓███  ███  ▒██▓ ▒██▒  ███▒ ▓███
 ██    ██▒░░░▒▒ ░░▒▒▓█▒  ██     ▒█▓    ██  ██   ▒█▒ ▓█░   █▓  ██   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███   ███
 ▒█░ ░▒█▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ░█▒     ▓█░   ▒█▓  ███████  ███████░ ░█▓   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
  ██ ░██▓▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒░░░█░ ██      ██    ██░ ▒█▓░▒░░  ░█▓░▒░░░  ▓█░  ▒█▒  ██▓    ██▓  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
   ██  █▓██▓▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓█▒ ██      ▒█▓   ░██  ██       ▓█░       ██   ██   ███   ▒██▒  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███  ░███
    ██    ▒▓███████▓  ██       ██▒  ▒██   ██  ░██  ▓█░  ██░ ░██  ▓█▓   ▓██▓▒▒███   ███  ░███  ███  ░██▓░▓██▒  ███  ░███
     ██░       ░    ░██        ██████▓    ▒█████   ░█████░  ▓█████▓     ▒█████▓    ███  ░███  ███   ▒█████▒   ███  ░███
      ▒██          ██▒                                      ██                                                   
        ▒██░     ▓██                                       ▒█▓                                                         
          ▓██░ ▓██░                                        ██░                                                         
            ▒██▓
Tor Integrated & Secured
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: