Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:03:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Explanation of Whattomine.com  (Read 565 times)
Nooblife (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 05:14:55 PM

I hope this thread can explain all the columns in Whattomine.com's website.

Block Time              ??
Block Reward          Total payout of coin paid for each completed block
Last Block               Number of the last block completed.  This should keep going up.
Difficulty                 Restrictions placed on algorithm due to current hashing power??
NetHash                  Total network Hashing on this coin currently.  This will fluctuate.
%                          ?? Reduction in network Hash ??  Is this a 24hr period?
Est. Rewards           Gross units of coin mined per day
Est. Rewards 24h     NET units of coin (minus your electrical costs)
Exchange Rate     
Market Cap
Volume
Rev. BTC                 Gross units of equivalent BTC mined per day (some places only pay out BTC)
Rev. 24h                 NET units of equivalent BTC mined per day (minus your electrical costs)
Rev. $                     Equivalent $ of gross mining (based on coin price currently)
Profit                       Equivalent $ of netmining (based on coin price currently)
Profitability       
Current | 24h            ??
3 days | 7 days          ??

Feel free to correct or fill this in.  I am unsure of how these factors should influence your coin selection of mining.

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Commie

Activity: 621
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 05:27:53 PM

Actually none of it should affect your mining decisions. See, WTM gives you information that is right at the time you look at it, ie if any coin is being pumped RIGHT NOW WTM will tell you to mine that one. But accumulating an X amount in your wallet takes time and when you done with that previous income prognosis might have nothing to do with reality as exchange rates have already changed.

BitBustah

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 05:58:53 PM

Also, not every algo is listed there..
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 06:06:49 PM

Although what the previous poster, Commie, said is partially correct, you can still always use whattomine as a general benchmark of the profitability of your current coin as compared to a variety of others. That being said, you should make sure you factor in all variables to your comparison. If you are dual mining ETH+DCR/SIA for example, you should use the specific page for dual mining (this can be found on the top menu as well).

To directly answer your question, refer to the following:

Block Time: Average length of time needed to mine a block (and payout a reward) for your specific coin
Profitability-Current: Refers to the specific coin's current profitability as compared to mining ETH. ETH will always be 100%
Profitability-24H: Refers to the specific coin's average profitability as compared to mining ETH over 24 hours
Profitability-3 days: Refers to the specific coin's average profitability as compared to mining ETH over 3 days
Profitability-7 days: Refers to the specific coin's average profitability as compared to mining ETH over 7 days

With ETH mining at the heart of the comparisons, you should be somehow able to determine if you should mine anything other than ETH.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
Nooblife (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:40:45 PM

What I really want to understand is the variation between the following columns:

Est. Rewards
Est. Rewards 24h

I tried putting electricity to zero (free) and these numbers didn't fluctuate.  Some times one is higher than the other.  It really doesn't make sense.

Thanks
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:47:50 PM

Estimated Rewards is how many coins per day you can expect at the current difficulty, if it were to stay the same (it won't). It's based on the hash rate you put in and your power costs don't affect it.

Estimated Rewards 24h. is the average number of coins per day you can expect based on the average difficulty over the past 24 hours.
Nooblife (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:06:40 PM

Estimated Rewards is how many coins per day you can expect at the current difficulty, if it were to stay the same (it won't). It's based on the hash rate you put in and your power costs don't affect it.

Estimated Rewards 24h. is the average number of coins per day you can expect based on the average difficulty over the past 24 hours.

Thank you very much for that clarification.  I understand the site is only an estimate.  It would be nice if they could add a summary page or a "Q" near the column headings to get definition.  Maybe a future revision.

Cheers!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: