Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:17:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sapphire RX580 Nitro+ 4GB Hynix - Need help with rig (only 20MH/s in dual mode)  (Read 2315 times)
RazerBoy (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 08:48:58 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2017, 11:54:55 PM by RazerBoy

I'VE "SOLVED" MY PROBLEM. SOLUTION IS WRITTEN DOWN IN DETAIL. BUT I STILL HAVE QUESTIONS !!! I'M NOW AT 30MH/s ON ETH AND 900MH/s ON DCR, BUT THE POWER CONSUMPTION IS HIGH. PLEASE HELP ME FIX THE POWER CONSUMPTION!!!

Hello fellow miner brethren, I come to you in despair !

As the tittle says, I only have 20MH/s per GPU when mining ETH+DCR on my babies. I've already researched a bunch and tried a lot (I'll get into more details later), so I'm now here begging for mercy from the mining gods, so they may bestow upon me at least 27MH/s, but more would be very nice too Cheesy.

Ok, so first off. This is my rig build:

Motherboard: MSI Z270 SLI PLUS (MS-7A59)
GPU: Sapphire RX580 Nitro+ 4GB Hynix (Core clock: 1340 MHz, Memory Clock: 1750 MHz. This are the default values for the better BIOS (Non-silent BIOS. The BIOS that you get after you switch the BIOS switch. I believe the only difference between this and the default one (Silent BIOS) is that the core clock is upped from 1300 to 1340, memory clock doesn't change)
CPU: Intel Celeron G3930 2.9GHz
PSU: LCPOWER LC6650GP4 V2.4 (80plus Gold, 650W)
RAM: 4GB DDR4 SDRAM Kingston 2400MHz
Hard drive: Currently working on 1.5TB HDD since I want to set it up here and clone the disk to my 32GB SSD which will be used on the miner.
Riser: USB 3.0 PCI-E 1X to 16X Riser Adapter Card Extender Cable
Mining program: Claymore 10.0
Display drivers: Win10 64Bit Crimson ReLive Beta Blockchain Workloads Aug23
Pool: Mining ETH on nanopool, DCR on suprnova
Hash rate: 20MH/s on ETH with 1350MH/s on DCR (with -dcri on 69 in Claymore). When I only mine ETH I get 23.5MH/s-24.6MH/s.
How my start.bat looks like: EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal 0xC790b438b741735079AC50031DF253ADcCB09D45/slave/myEmail@gmail.com -epsw x -dpool dcr.suprnova.cc:3252 -dwal galva123.user -dpsw x -allpools 1 -dcri 69 -tt 68

I've also installed HWiNFO64 (so I can check memory errors), PolarisBiosEditor 1.6 (1.5 works too), ATIFlash 2.77, MSI Afterburner 4.4.0 Beta 16, Update Live 6.

Ok so now let me take you through what I've done.

Build the rig and installed 1 GPU (I also immediately switched the physical BIOS switch on the GPU)
Installed windows
Installed display drivers
Updated BIOS through Update Live 6
Installed Intel Chipset drivers, Intel ME Drivers, Intel Network Drivers through Update Live 6
Turned off PC
Installed the 2nd GPU in my rig, hooked it up
Turned on PC, went into BIOS. On the advanced BIOS (BIOS version 1.7) under Settings > Advanced > PCI Subsystem Settings. I've set PEG0 - Max Lin Speed to Gen1, same with PEG1. Also Enabled Above 4G memory/Crypto Currency mining. Saved BIOS
Then I proceeded to install the necessary programs to flash GPU bios, manipulate GPU bios, look at memory errors and so on and so forth
(Was testing hash rate in all of the above steps, it never changed. Always 20MH/s on ETH and 1350MH/s on DCR with -dcri 69 set in Claymore 10.0. I get 23.5Mh/s in solo mining mode on ETH)

This is the part when the trouble begins.

I first tried this custom BIOS https://anorak.tech/t/sapphire-rx-580-nitro/5017. I tried both the 1500 and 1750. There is no difference in hash rate. Then I said ok, let's try to over clock the GPUs. Tried probably everything. Tried with OCed memory/core clock and under volted core + turned down the power limit. Also tried to OC the memory/core clock and over volt the core and turn the power limit up. IN ANY CASE instead of having stable 20MH/s I get like 12 or 8 or some other stupid value like that. I get 0 memory errors. I always tried OCing the GPUs to about 2000-2050 memory clock, 1370-1400 core clock, -50mV core voltage, -15% power limit. After no success I moved on.

The second BIOS I tried was https://anorak.tech/t/sapphire-rx580-nitro-4gb-hynix/4637. I tried all of the ones in the comments. Apparently they're all amazing, but still none work... xD. No matter OCed or not, no matter if over, under or not volted at all.

After some research I found this little thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1944717.20. Here a guy called Kofik7 on the 2nd page described his rig and how he set it up. He shared his hasrate and he's got 28.5MH/s with the same GPU as I have. He also said he has a power savings bios from anorak tech (I believe I found that BIOS and that it's the 2nd BIOS I've posted earlier (https://anorak.tech/t/sapphire-rx580-nitro-4gb-hynix/4637)). Same GPU, same BIOS, same settings. He gets 28.5@100W, I get around 19@130W.

I tried OCing in MSI Afterburner and in Wattman. There is no improvement in hash rate EVER. When I OC my GPUs my hash rate ALWAYS DROPS. It always gets A LOT WORSE. From 20 down to less than 13. When I mod my BIOS there is NO CHANGE in hash rate.

I am now here begging people to help me so I can get my satoshies and fiats at a faster rate. I am out of ideas what to do. Any and all help is welcome. If you need ANY more information on what and how just ask me and I'll try to answer as quick as I can. If I figure it out myself I'll post and share the solution of course.

Thank you in advance and may the gods have mercy on my GPUs!

And people said mining was easy lololol Smiley. Also, if I remember more information I'll edit THIS POST.

Help me through my thought times!

ETH: C790b438b741735079AC50031DF253ADcCB09D45
DCR: DsXHDCU9eeVTMZLfJRrpDUZQrfcRHCPYZvc

Buy my beers so I can drink my sadness away OR help me fix my problem so I don't need to drink Smiley!

Also got a question. Claymore says to set up
GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 1
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
and 16GB virtual memory.

Is this really necessary ? How do I even set the enviromental variables up in windows. I mean, I tried adding it under "Edit enviromental variables for your account". It didn't seem to work, since I did "set GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 1...." in the start.bat for claymore and it didn't detect the variables. I also tried setting the virtual memory to 50GB, but it had no effect. Made the miners unstable actually...
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 09:13:13 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2017, 09:26:44 PM by Vann

I don't have any Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 4GB cards, but I know my Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8GB SE cards with a Samsung/Hynix dual memory Bios don't like a core clock over 1150 MHz. If I increase the core clock by more than that, the hash drops. I use the Polaris Bios Editor v1.6 from jaschaknack, 'one click timing patch' Bios mod with a 1150 MHz core clock, 2100-2200 MHz memory overclock, -15% power limit and -96mV undevolt and get 30+ MH/s ETH + 850 MH/s DCR dual mining with a -dcri 28 setting. You also need to use Afterburner v4.40 beta 16 or higher to be able to set the power limit and undervolt with the blockchain drivers.

https://github.com/jaschaknack/PolarisBiosEditor

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/download-msi-afterburner-4-4-beta-18.html

Also set your virtual memory on Windows to at least 16GB if you're using multiple GPU's.

RazerBoy (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:36:33 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2017, 01:03:40 AM by RazerBoy

Hey Vann,

I tried what you said. First I installed the new afterburner. Then I replaced my original BIOS on both cards with the "one click timing patch" BIOS I made with PBE 1.6 from my original BIOS (you can see this on the 3rd screen). Then I OCed the GPUs as you said (screen: http://shrani.si/f/2N/dV/1NiXAnAv/before-virtual-memory.png) and restarted the computer, then ran the miner. And I also checked that the GPUs were still OCed. As you can see, it got a lot worse.

Then I changed the virtual memory and restarted the computer. Screen http://shrani.si/f/3V/SK/2RxlUKPu/virtual-mem.png. The hash rate is even worse now... Screen: http://shrani.si/f/1/aa/4iUHvw1S/aftervirtumem.png

I put my GPU back on my original setting (mem/core clock, core voltage, power limit) and my original bios. The hash rate was 18.5MH/s after that.

I set my virtual memory back to system managed. I'm back at 20MH/s now... My hash rate literally falls if I manually assign virtual memory.
esparpiri

Activity: 23

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:07:28 AM

I don't have any Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 4GB cards, but I know my Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8GB SE cards with a Samsung/Hynix dual memory Bios don't like a core clock over 1150 MHz. If I increase the core clock by more than that, the hash drops. I use the Polaris Bios Editor v1.6 from jaschaknack, 'one click timing patch' Bios mod with a 1150 MHz core clock, 2100-2200 MHz memory overclock, -15% power limit and -96mV undevolt and get 30+ MH/s ETH + 850 MH/s DCR dual mining with a -dcri 28 setting. You also need to use Afterburner v4.40 beta 16 or higher to be able to set the power limit and undervolt with the blockchain drivers.

Also set your virtual memory on Windows to at least 16GB if you're using multiple GPU's.

Soz my bad English, I bought 8 of these cards, can you please answer some questions?, how much watts its pulling each gpu from the wall? What temperature are they handled? Wich one of the two bios are you using when moding? do you thing this are better than msi gaming x??
hagbase

Activity: 433
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:32:23 AM

Is your dual bios set to use the silent bios?
Did you uninstall your driver with DDU after vbios flash and than a reinstall?   Do not install the full package, just install inf files within device manager and use pixel clock patcher to get rid of code 42/43.
Try new Trixx Version 6.5. or overdriveNtool.
Disable crossfire/sync + ulps with trixx or afterburner.
You need 16 GB of virtual memory for Claymore using multi gpu, just set it to 16-24GB.

RazerBoy (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:48:50 AM
Last edit: October 05, 2017, 12:01:10 PM by RazerBoy

Hey hagbase,

No my dual BIOS is not set to the silent BIOS. As I said in my first post I "switched" the BIOS switch on all of my GPUs. There was no hash rate increase or decrease when I switched to the other BIOS.

No, I did not uninstall my drivers with DDU after flashing vbios and then reinstalling them. Is this REALLY necessary? I mean, what is the reason behind it?
The problem is this. EVERY TIME I uninstall my display drivers with DDU and then after that I restart my computer. My screen goes black/no image. I can see the motherboard logo thingy, then I can also see the windows 10 spining thingy just before the log on screen and after the motherboard logo. Then after that it's just a black screen, EVERY TIME. I tried DDU at least 3-4 times with the SAME RESULT. I've also tried uninstalling them through "Add or remove programs". Maybe I can uninstall them without restarting and just reinstall them back ? Haven't tried that yet, but I think that's a bad idea... Cheesy.

I'll look into Trixx and overdriveNtool and report back to you IN THIS POST. I'll edit it and paste screen shoots of the results.

I disabled ULPS and disabled "Synchronize CrossFire Cards" in Trixx 6.4 (you said 6.5, but 6.4 is the latest release... at least I couldn't find 6.5). I also checked in MSI Afterburner that they're both off. I could see ULPS is diabled, but I can't seem to find the "Synchronize CrossFire Cards" setting in afterburner. There just might not be one? In either case, now they're both disabled as you said. There is no difference in hash rate. No increase no decrease

I'll do this. I'll set the "Initial size (MB)" to 17000MB (17GB) and the "Maximum size (MB)" to 26000MB (26GB) and then I'll reports back with screen shoots. I can tell you RIGHT NOW that my hash rate will drop to about 18.5 MH/s. This ALWAYS happens when I change my Virtual Memory size. It's always better if I just set it to "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives".

EDIT1:

Ok, so I've made "progress". Changed the Virtual Memory size and no decrease in hash rate. Which is good Cheesy. But also no increase. Screen: http://shrani.si/f/O/tr/3UVF2ioc/changedvirtualmemory.png.

EDIT2:

I've tried Sapphire Trixx 6.4.0. I tried doing the following settings. 2050 memory clock, 1150 GPU clock, -80mV GPU voltage, -10% power consumption. When I pressed apply the setting simply did not apply. Except for GPU voltage. That's the only thing that changed. I checked in MSI afterburner and wattman. They both showed that only the voltage changed and nothing else. Then after a few more times trying to press apply in "Run as Administrator" mode the screen went black and I had to restart my computer. Now I'm back at the default settings.
Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:43:25 AM

Soz my bad English, I bought 8 of these cards, can you please answer some questions?, how much watts its pulling each gpu from the wall? What temperature are they handled? Wich one of the two bios are you using when moding? do you thing this are better than msi gaming x??
I don't like MSI and therefore use only RX 580 4GB. The difference between 8GB and 4GB of memory so I see no reason to spend more money. Consumption when dual mining about 110 watts. The temperature is 51 degrees. Speed 29 Mh/s ETH + 830 Mh/s
Thebestis7950

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:54:55 AM

i find the big advantage of 4gb over 8gb
is that the 4gb card runs at lower temperature then 8gb

AQ16LcTPQcYXH9BhQTQfVDe7JtYNwdDaXj
hagbase

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 12:03:14 PM

Did you move/switch  dual bios switch towards display ports? If so everything is ok.

Black Screen? Even if you don't patch driver with pixel clock patcher  you'll see  gpus as microsoft standard display adapter in device manager. Install driver in device manager  and than start pixel clock patcher and your gpu driver is signed and patched,reboot.
You need to unintall previous driver with DDU in win safe mode if you going to use blockchain drivers.

Yes there was a Trixx 6.5 download don't know why they removed it. Just use Afterburner beta 16+ or overdriveNtool : https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/overdriventool-tool-for-amd-gpus.416116/

With anoraks powersave bios try 1100 gpuclock / 2000 memclock even with one click timing patch try first 2000 Mhz for memclock.

Use https://www.hwinfo.com/download.php  to monitor your gpus (mem error, power draw).

Your gpus are way too hot, set -tt68 in claymore.   And don't use fucking wifi/wireless lan for mining.

Branko

Activity: 2478
Merit: 318

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 12:51:48 PM

i find the big advantage of 4gb over 8gb
is that the 4gb card runs at lower temperature then 8gb

However, 8GB cards use 8GHz memory, while 4GB cards use slower 7GHz memory
RazerBoy (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 12:55:06 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2017, 01:10:50 PM by RazerBoy

Hey hagbase,

I know not to mine on Wi-Fi. No worries. This is just a temporary thing since I'm not at home and I took my miner with me. I got no cable connection, so this will have to do for now. I'll move my miner back when I solve the hash rate problem and put it on a stable connection.

I've set -tt 68 as you said. They're at 67-68 now at 50-80% fan speed.

Yes I did switch dual BIOS towards the display ports.

Ok so about the black screen it's like this. I download/installed DDU. I then restarted the computer, went into safe mode. I deleted the display drivers with DDU. It then tells me to restart the computer. It restarts. Then I see the motherboard logo, then I see the windows dots spinning in a circle, then after that (this is when the log on screen should be displayed) I only get a black screen. I can't get into windows anymore. I have to reinstall windows or reclone the disk. I've another disk ready with the same setup (I've needed it a lot). So you see my problem. I can try uninstalling the blockhain display drivers from AMD again, but I'll probably get the same result.

By anoraks power save BIOS you mean? Please provide a link. Or do you mean the one I'm talking about in my initial post? This one https://anorak.tech/t/sapphire-rx580-nitro-4gb-hynix/4637 ?
Branko

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 01:03:41 PM

Hey hagbase,

I know not to mine on Wi-Fi. No worries. This is just a temporary thing since I'm not at home and I took my miner with me. I got no cable connection, so this will have to do for now. I'll move my miner back when I solve the hash rate problem and put it on a stable connection.

I've set -tt 68 as you said. They're at 67-68 now at 50-80% fan speed.

Yes I did switch dual BIOS towards the display ports.

Ok so about the black screen it's like this. I download/installed DDU. I then restarted the computer, went into safe mode. I deleted the display drivers with DDU. It then tells me to restart the computer. It restarts. Then I see the motherboard logo, then I see the windows dots spinning in a circle, then after that (this is when the log on screen should be displayed) I only get a black screen. I can't get into windows anymore. I have to reinstall windows or reclone the disk. I've another disk ready with the same setup (I've needed it a lot). So you see my problem. I can try uninstalling the blockhain display drivers from AMD again, but I'll probably get the same result.

Did you try to plug monitor into all cards, maybe windows send output through some other card?
RazerBoy (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 01:04:55 PM

Hey Branko,

Yes I did, even tried the motherboard...
Branko

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 01:09:44 PM

BIOS Above 4G Decoding set to Enable?

Also some say it helps to put PCI-E to Gen1
RazerBoy (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 01:11:50 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2017, 01:22:47 PM by RazerBoy

Hey Branko,

Yes I did, both. And please read the first post. Everything is explained in detail in my first post. Even says this Cheesy! Also everything in my 1st post is mostly in order of how I did it
hagbase

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 02:30:47 PM

Are you still on dcri 69?  Change to default 30 and go for lower numbers, AMD Cards don't like high dcri settings.  Best setting for me is 15 or 22 in dual mode.

If you get black screen connect your display to your iGPU or disable igpu in bios.   If you disable iGPU in bios connect display to your gpu that is in16x slot, even if it is connected with a riser. You need either a display or a dummy plug for amd cards if you're using windows. Than you'll able to oc your amd gpus.

l1xx

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 02:47:31 PM

Did you move/switch  dual bios switch towards display ports? If so everything is ok.

Black Screen? Even if you don't patch driver with pixel clock patcher  you'll see  gpus as microsoft standard display adapter in device manager. Install driver in device manager  and than start pixel clock patcher and your gpu driver is signed and patched,reboot.
You need to unintall previous driver with DDU in win safe mode if you going to use blockchain drivers.

Yes there was a Trixx 6.5 download don't know why they removed it. Just use Afterburner beta 16+ or overdriveNtool : https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/overdriventool-tool-for-amd-gpus.416116/

With anoraks powersave bios try 1100 gpuclock / 2000 memclock even with one click timing patch try first 2000 Mhz for memclock.

Use https://www.hwinfo.com/download.php  to monitor your gpus (mem error, power draw).

Your gpus are way too hot, set -tt68 in claymore.   And don't use fucking wifi/wireless lan for mining.

Whats wrong with WIFI/Wireless LAN for mining?
RazerBoy (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 08:26:07 PM

Hello fellow miner,

I have found a solution! I will share the solution in detail with you (after I finish setting myself up, probably tommorow), but for now all I'm going to say is this. I love ethOS. I'll share the full report of my venture tommorow Cheesy!
RazerBoy (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 06:15:29 PM
Last edit: October 29, 2017, 10:05:56 PM by RazerBoy

Hello fellow miners,

As promised I'll share my data with you.

First off, I got my copy of ethOS 1.2.4 from here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2164617.0 (DON'T USE THIS LINK TO GET THE FREE ethOS, READ ON 2ND PAGE FOR MORE INFO). I've then proceeded to follow this guide on how to install it http://ethosdistro.com/kb/#writing-windows and http://ethosdistro.com/kb/#using-kvm and http://ethosdistro.com/kb/#booting-ethos.

After I've done that and after I could see the ethOS desktop, I've updated the OS with this http://ethosdistro.com/kb/#updating.

After the update I installed claymore http://ethosdistro.com/kb/#adding-claymore. After that I've edited local.confing and claymore.stub.config so that it mines on my pool and some other stuff like fan speeds and so on.

After I've updated the OS I started testing out which BIOS is the best one. I've tried 5 different ones.

KEEP IN MIND ALL OF THE BELOW BIOSES WERE TESTED ON STOCK SETTINGS (MEM CLOCK, CORE CLOCK,  VOLTAGE). Also dcri is on 30.

Name of BIOS | Link to BIOS | Hashrate | Power consumption
1st BIOS: Anoraks_Sapphire RX 580 Nitro(plus) 4GB Hynix Elpida_memshift-1500.rom | https://anorak.tech/t/sapphire-rx-580-nitro/5017 | Too low to mention | Too high
2nd BIOS: Anoraks_Sapphire RX 580 Nitro(plus) 4GB Hynix Elpida_memshift-1750.rom | https://anorak.tech/t/sapphire-rx-580-nitro/5017 | Too low to mention | Too high
3rd BIOS: Sapphire RX580 Nitro Hynix 4G Mem1950 Gpu1195 27mhs 100w Ok LU.rom | https://anorak.tech/t/sapphire-rx580-nitro-4gb-hynix/4637/19 | 27.5 MH/s on ETH, 605-615 MH/s on DCR | 120-125W@wall
4th BIOS: Sapphire Nitro RX 580 Powersave Anorak's 256k.rom | https://anorak.tech/t/sapphire-rx580-nitro-4gb-hynix/4637/31 | 26.7 MH/s on ETH, 590 MH/s on DCR |105-110W@wall
5th BIOS: Sapphire Nitro RX 580 Powersave 2100 OC Anorak's 256k.rom | https://anorak.tech/t/sapphire-rx580-nitro-4gb-hynix/4637/31 | 28.2 MH/s on ETH, 610-630 on DCR | 120-123W@wall

As you can see the 5th BIOS is the best.

After I've found the right BIOS I've proceeded to put in the GPUs one by one and flash them one by one.
You flash bios like this on ethOS
sudo atiflash -i (you get the adaptor number like this)
sudo atiflash -f -p <adaptorNumber> <pathToBios>

After that I've also OCed the GPU with the local.config
Changed the mem clock to 2100MHz, tried to change the core clock but it just doesn't want to change for some reason. After I changed the core clock to 1100MHz and restarted the computer I checked the mem/core clock with "show stats". It changed the mem clock to 2100MHz, but the core clock dropped down to 1075MHz. After that I changed back the core clock to the default one and left the mem clock at 2100MHz. But even if I leave the core clock on the default value it's still 1075MHz (I really don't get why or how). Screen of the "show stats" command https://prnt.sc/gvmgjx. Screen of claymore mining https://prnt.sc/gvmfba.
I haven't yet tried under volting, but I will and I'll update this post when I do.

If I try to change mem clock to 2150 some GPUs don't even start in claymore, they just show 0MH/s. Also the hash rate on the ones that do turn on doesn't increase.

So now I still have questions for you guys.

1. How do I actually change the core clock, has anyone any experience with this? Anyone managed to change their core clock on ethOS? (USED SRBPolaris, GO TO THE SECOND PAGE TO READ MORE)

2. Where can I set up this settings in ethOS

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 1
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100 (FOUND WHERE THE START.BAT IS LOCATED./opt/miners/claymore. But ethOS doesn't use this to start claymore (doesn't matter what you write in here... but I'll investigate further))
and 16GB virtual memory.
(THIS IS PROBABLY OK (BY OK I MEAN, ETHOS DOES THIS BY ITSELF/HANDLES IT))

3. How could I get more out of my GPUs? How would I get 29.5-30.5 MH/s on ETH and 900MH/s on DCR? Any more tips and tricks I could use?
(SOLVED THIS, NOW I HAVE PROBLEMS WITH HIGH POWER CONSUMPTION, HELP ME GET IT DOWN PLEASE GO TO SECOND PAGE TO READ MORE)

4. Why does my GPU0 have so many "Incorrect ETH shares". Picture: After 11:55 hours of mining https://prnt.sc/gvqo1l, after 16:52 hours of mining https://prnt.sc/gvqnjg. (SOLVED BY MYSELF IN THE LOWER POST xD)

RazerBoy (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:58:07 PM
Last edit: October 12, 2017, 12:08:35 PM by RazerBoy

Hello guys,

I've made some adjustments to my rig. I was reading through this section http://ethosdistro.com/kb/#many-gpus. Under "Common BIOS Options for fixing Kernel Panic with 5+ GPUs" -> MSI Motherboards. It said to set PEG1 to "GEN 2", set PEG2 to "GEN 2" and set PCI Latency to "96 Cycles". I also disabled HD AUDIO CONTROLLER.

The hash rate didn't increase from this but fine.

Then I've discovered a setting called "globalpowertune". If you look in the documentation of local.conf on ethOS 1.2.5 it says this: # globalpowertune: set the power tune setting of all GPUs (notes from dev: 20 is default/max on everything except 290/390; r9 290 should use 50). I had my powertune setting set to 5. I changed it to 6. The hash rate went up. Changed to 7. Went up. Changed to 14. Went down. Changed to 8, went down. Changed to 4, went down. changed to 2, went down. I then decided that 7 is the best value. I now have 28.5-28.6 MH/s on ETH and 860 MH/s. Before I had 28 MH/s on ETH and 843 MH/s on DCR. So a 0.5 MH/s and 20 MH/s increase for just doing that.

Pic of Claymore now: https://prnt.sc/gw8z7a

Oh and btw, the 4th question I asked in my last post (why so many incorrect shares on GPU0). It was random. It's not happening anymore... So I guess at least that fixed itself.

Also about the 2nd question. I found start.bat. It's in /opt/miners/claymore in ethOS 1.2.5. But claymore doesn't seem to run from this start.bat. I deleted the content of it and it didn't matter. So adding

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 1
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

won't probably do anything... But I'll investigate further and see what I can do. Maybe I can somehow have it start from this start.bat, so I can control exactly what happens...

But I still want to get to 29.5-30.5 / 900. So please, share your knowledge.

Thank you for your answers as always Cheesy!
Hope my information helped some of you guys!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: