Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:29:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SONM, ELASTIC or GOLEM... Which one to choose?  (Read 1701 times)
myfranco (OP)

Activity: 361
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 09:21:35 PM

I'm trying to invest on one of them but it's really confusing. Golem is in Alpha, SONM has a nice Roadmap, XEL has almost finished product but not exploded yet. It seems that SONM has better development and GOLEM has already hit the top and XEL is stalling. Really hard to choose. What do you think about that?
Bittoshi

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 09:45:16 PM

None of the three has a working product yet but I invested some bucks in Sonm a week ago. Since then it rose a lot but it still has plenty of room to grow and some think it can go to 0.5$ until end of 2017 and reach 1$ in 2018. Don't know much about the other two coins to be honest.

Bitgesell (BGL):  A modern and truly scarce store of value. Burn rate is 90% of tx fee. Yearly block reward halving.

It's just the beginning!
Mieehayii

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 09:48:13 PM

We need to dont forget iExec RLC.  They are considered to be their opponents.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███▀████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀▄█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄█▄▀████

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀█████
███          ▀███   ████████   ██    ▀█████████   ██           ▀████   █████
███   █████▄   ██   ████████   ██      ▀███████   ██   ██████▄   ███   █████
███   ██████   ██   ████████   ██   █▄   ▀█████   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███   █████▀   ██   ████████   ██   ███▄   ▀███   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███          ▄███   ▀██████▀   ██   █████▄   ▀█   ██   ███████▀   ██   █████
███   ▄▄▄▄▄███████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███   ███████▄      ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████
███   █████████████▄        ▄████   █████████▄    ██        ▄▄▄█████   █████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency.██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
[[[ Whitepaper    Twitter     Facebook]]]
[[[  Telegram      Medium     Youtube ]]]
go4crypto

Activity: 798
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:11:09 PM

If you look at marketcaps, SONM and Elastic are both close and much lower than Golem so
have more potential for appreciation. Probably better to invest in all these than trying to choose
one.
iminethereforeiam

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:20:07 PM

I saw people recommending SONM and wanted to put a few dollars into it last week, then found that it's not on Bittrex. I probably should open an account on Binance now.
lordzc

Activity: 588
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:20:32 PM

The advantage of Golem is poloniex.
Sonm The last hard-working team.
XEL has need more ways.
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:33:07 PM

I'm trying to invest on one of them but it's really confusing. Golem is in Alpha, SONM has a nice Roadmap, XEL has almost finished product but not exploded yet. It seems that SONM has better development and GOLEM has already hit the top and XEL is stalling. Really hard to choose. What do you think about that?
Elastic should be the best choice for you, because as you can see to join in the sonm already late for you because there is a chance to get trapped in the high price caused by the short pump to the sonm token.
Golem seems to be a recomended thing for the long term hold in this time.
Packers1985

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

CHEERS

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:37:39 PM

The advantage of Golem is poloniex.
Sonm The last hard-working team.
XEL has need more ways.

Huh

Nalienn

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 11:06:34 PM

I've been saying this since SONM's ICO. But here we go again. If SONM makes a similar move as Golem did, it could reach anywhere from 30 cents to $1.20 by the end of the year. So far SONM has exceeded Golem's performance, so topping that range or actually becoming stable upward of $1 is not too unlikely for SONM.

It also has a more ambitious product and focuses on development instead of marketing. Golem has done the reverse, which I find to be the wrong move. If SONM ends up with a working product before Golem, it won't even need to use that much funding for marketing, since it can basically leech off of Golem's and Elastic's marketing in the development phase...

In short, SONM has a much more efficient allocation of funds and so far had no delays on development milestones. That's why my biggest stake is in SONM, with much smaller positions in Elastic and Golem just in case.
BigBoy89
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 11:13:22 PM

Well, from those 3 I think SONM will have the best performance in next 3-6 months. SONM team is hard working and determinate and the current price is low enough for investment.

.AMEPAY.
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
       AMEPAY IEO       
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
   AMEPAY LISTING   
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Savik

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 01:14:36 AM

I saw people recommending SONM and wanted to put a few dollars into it last week, then found that it's not on Bittrex. I probably should open an account on Binance now.

I think you'll like Binance, I was pleasantly surprised. They are growing and adding lots of good coins (unlike Bittrex)

irwanjabryg

Activity: 980
Merit: 512

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:59:28 AM

I think you'll like Binance, I was pleasantly surprised. They are growing and adding lots of good coins (unlike Bittrex)
I just created an account there, I like the binance design. hopefully be a famous exchanger.
myfranco (OP)

Activity: 361

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:19:04 AM

Thank you all. It seems that SONM is better investment. Good entry point is necessary since it rose a lot in the last days. I guess a good correction will give me/us a good entry point. I wasn't sure about GOLEM and don't want to invest to it since XEL or SONM are better for investment.

I was also checking IEXEC but it's about Cloud Computing. Different than the others but it also looks promising.
thew3apon

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:22:54 AM

Older the Golem project . Thing to do but the render is more difficult to program .
withche.07

Activity: 549
Merit: 259

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:29:12 AM

I prefer SONM personally over others. First, its supply is lower. Secon its market cap is lower too. This means it has more room to grow especially in price. And this will attract investors pretty huuge!

[]
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
[|]
Nalienn

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 01:46:53 PM

Thank you all. It seems that SONM is better investment. Good entry point is necessary since it rose a lot in the last days. I guess a good correction will give me/us a good entry point. I wasn't sure about GOLEM and don't want to invest to it since XEL or SONM are better for investment.

I was also checking IEXEC but it's about Cloud Computing. Different than the others but it also looks promising.
I have a hard time seeing cloud computing survive in the event that decentralized computing becomes a mainstream thing. If a lot of people actually start offering their hardware for rent the prices for computing power will decrease tremendously. Perhaps even to a point where cloud computing will no longer be sustainable / competitive.

Quantum computing is slowly picking up pace as well, as there is now a fairly clear idea of what needs to be done to test whether or not quantum computing is feasible or not. Of course, both of these technologies are long-term and in the meanwhile cloud computing will thrive. But who knows for how much longer.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:03:50 PM

We need to dont forget iExec RLC.  They are considered to be their opponents.

Are all of them competing in the same fields? I know iExec RLC and Golem could be considered competitors, but im not sure about the rest. I have heard a lot of these "shared resources" projects and I like the idea of renting my computing power for something that is actually useful rather than calculate math problems for a PoW blockchain. I think there's a lot of computational power being wasted with Bitcoin. We are actually so protected that we can afford less hashrate and I would like a project like Golem to succeed, but so far I haven't seen much but vaporware so hashrate might as well stay in BTC.
greenfailure

Activity: 145
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:11:34 PM

its hard to say long term which project (if any) will come out on top. As was mentioned above none have a working product to date, as such large speculation on which might be first to market here.

$XEL - Showing a great entry point around 10k sats right now on TA, a strong Buy IMO
$GNT - Sideways movement likely until the next dev update, a hold for anyone already in - otherwise wait for entry in the future
$SONM - hype/pump in past days - potential for another leg up but would wait for a better lower entry if not already in

Owner/Operator of LARGEST Greater Toronto Area mining operation.

BUY BITCOIN
Gotomoon

Activity: 719
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 04:10:06 PM

its hard to say long term which project (if any) will come out on top. As was mentioned above none have a working product to date, as such large speculation on which might be first to market here.

$XEL - Showing a great entry point around 10k sats right now on TA, a strong Buy IMO
$GNT - Sideways movement likely until the next dev update, a hold for anyone already in - otherwise wait for entry in the future
$SONM - hype/pump in past days - potential for another leg up but would wait for a better lower entry if not already in
We couldnt really predict the future of these coins. Though Sonm is one of the price that has been huge pump lately so better make a wise decision to search which is worthy to put your money.
Nalienn

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 04:21:29 PM

We couldnt really predict the future of these coins. Though Sonm is one of the price that has been huge pump lately so better make a wise decision to search which is worthy to put your money.
Charts by themselves aren't a good predictor of price movements. SONM might've made a large jump recently, but technically it's only trading at about 40% over its ICO value. There's still quite some room upwards in the short-term, perhaps after a very brief retraction.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: