Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:00:20 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOs allowed for US Citizens/Residents???  (Read 344 times)
HadHatCapital (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 11:46:02 PM

Is there a list/website/blog of current or upcoming ICOs which highlights whether US citizens/residents are actually allowed to participate/invest. It's frustrating doing all the work and research, and finding some ICOs that actually seem exciting, only to learn in the 11th hour that the ICO is closed out to all US investors/buyers for regulatory purposes (btw, I'm not comfortable giving false information to the sponsors). Is it worthwhile to just wait and try to buy in the after-market at some reasonable price? I must not be alone with this annoyance, right? Your thoughts, suggestions and ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Smiley
ev3nout

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 01:29:04 AM

If the ICO isn't doing a job clarifying the requirements on the website, you might want to reconsider putting money into it
enervey

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 02:13:42 AM

Here is one I found today that is open to US citizens:

https://dragonchain.com
omnik

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 02:19:13 AM

Is there a list/website/blog of current or upcoming ICOs which highlights whether US citizens/residents are actually allowed to participate/invest. It's frustrating doing all the work and research, and finding some ICOs that actually seem exciting, only to learn in the 11th hour that the ICO is closed out to all US investors/buyers for regulatory purposes (btw, I'm not comfortable giving false information to the sponsors). Is it worthwhile to just wait and try to buy in the after-market at some reasonable price? I must not be alone with this annoyance, right? Your thoughts, suggestions and ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Smiley
I think that will be difficult to find the ico that will be allowed the us citizens to participate in the crowdsale but it seems there are some projects already followed the the sec compliance and you can try to see about arttoken.
panorama

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 02:23:54 AM

Maybe your first step should be to see if they accept US investors before you spend time on further research.

jhanson

Activity: 135
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 02:51:56 AM

Not that I know of. It's really just research. I heard about Unikrn's ICO called UnikoinGold. It's a ERC20 utility token for esports betting and tournaments. Solid team and portfolio of investors like Mark Cuban, Ashton Kutcher, Pantera Capital (Snapchat and Twitter), etc. Their advisor is also Anthony Di Lorio, one of the co-founders of ethereum. Crazy stuff, but they allow US investors to join.

They are definitely worth checking out. Here their whitepaper: https://static.unikrn.com/4242/unikrn_bm/doc/whitepaper_en.pdf
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 02:52:55 AM

Most ICO's are scams so its good to protect the people but to ban all ico is a little harsh
Shova

Activity: 286
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 02:55:35 AM

US have stricter rules so a legit ICO would place a not for US citizen term to get away from being involved with authorities.
But that's just for the record, they won't at all mind US people funding them.
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 02:55:47 AM

That sucks op. I really feel bad for you. But as bad as it is, I really don’t think you’d be finding any ICO that allows participation from people in your country. At least not any time soon. If you try to put yourself into theirs shoes, you would understand. The best thing you could do is not search too much about a coin if you haven’t confirmed yet if it is available in your country. So you can avoid wasting time and energy. Goodluck op. Hope you find an ico that would accept you someday.
HadHatCapital (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 09:59:05 PM

Thanks for all the thoughtful feedback! The US regulators are trying to protect us, but it seems punitive to me. I guess it truly is the wild west for the potential for incredible returns...giddy up! Lol
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: