Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:01:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best way to sell/buy bitcoins without fees?  (Read 10127 times)
bitcoininnj

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2011, 04:12:01 PM

I am currently using Tradehill, but it is clunky. Bitcoin7 looks good, but needs some volume. Staying away from the mountain of Gox until they get their stuff together.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jors (OP)

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 04:34:52 PM

Stick with the ones with fees, its like paying for protection.  it wont make much of a difference but in the end it will be worth it

Bitmarket.eu has also it's protection mechanisms even with no funds (I think it does this by locking the bitcoins to buy/sell in the accepted transaction into an intermediate wallet until the payment process has been done between particulars, but that's another story).
SlimNm

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 04:50:42 PM

Can't use PayPal, because you can be easily be scammed out of your bitcoins there.  There is so tangible evidence that the sale was secured, so they can complain that you didn't pay them and you just lose your coins.
Stay.Thirsty

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 05:17:42 PM

I just wish there was an easy way to go USD into the bitcoin market. Currently mining and waiting for dwolla but its slow going.
jacubo

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 11:34:41 AM

I just wish there was an easy way to go USD into the bitcoin market. Currently mining and waiting for dwolla but its slow going.

You can wire your money into MtGox account. However I do not like 0,65% commision on trades. It is higher than on stock exchanges!
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2011, 01:14:18 PM

You can wire your money into MtGox account. However I do not like 0,65% commision on trades. It is higher than on stock exchanges!

Only if you're trading more than $1,000 (USD) worth will your commission be more than $7.  I haven't personally traded on the stock market, but I thought $7 is what e-trade and whatnot tend to charge...

If you're dealing with more than $1,000 of bitcoins, then good for you and yes, it's probably worth it to try to find another way of obtaining that many.  However, at that point it's probably worth it to have mtgox do the work of finding that many for you to buy.

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
jacubo

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 07:01:31 PM

Only if you're trading more than $1,000 (USD) worth will your commission be more than $7.  I haven't personally traded on the stock market, but I thought $7 is what e-trade and whatnot tend to charge...

If you're dealing with more than $1,000 of bitcoins, then good for you and yes, it's probably worth it to try to find another way of obtaining that many.  However, at that point it's probably worth it to have mtgox do the work of finding that many for you to buy.

Well I thought bitcoins should remain competitive against paper money. Why compare purchase of one currency with another one to shares purchase? Stock market commisions were always high. On the other hand if you want to buy Euro with USD you pay almost no commision at all on Forex market. Since bitcoins are alternative currency commision should not be same as on stock market.
SilverLining

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 12:55:39 AM

ruxum is in beta at the moment and it is fee free until it goes public.

I have some invites which i'm offering free.

I don't know if i can receive PM so just reply if you are interested.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: