Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:07:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it time to say bye bye to IOTA?  (Read 536 times)
chocopapaya (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 02:19:22 AM

Iota was the first altcoin I ever bought.  The technology seemed like a huge leap forward and I believed it would be the future beyond blockchain technology.  I was new and hyped at getting in on it and ended up buying a crapload when it was around 90 cents...needless to say, I feel pretty dumb now.

But more than the price, the IOTA project just seems plagued with problems and no development.  It's still only on just two exchanges, their seems to be perpetual problems with the wallet, and it's ultimate goal, becoming the currency for the internet of things is like a far flung dream at this point.

I might just need patience, but I'm starting to think that I should dump it all for a loss and move that money into something that has a workable product and platform, a team that is delivering on their promises.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Filmmmakerr

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

Hello. Bye.

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 02:51:10 AM

IOTA is still brand new, the technology is good and it might just need some time for development. Id give it until mid 2018 to judge. IF you bought in at $1 I can understand frustration, but most people bought it under 50 cents.

Campaign Manager (2018)
Shova

Activity: 285
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 02:58:53 AM

Though I'm not investing in IOTA, but it's too early to judge that token as it still preparing and has not yet been used for its real purpose.
jorneyflair

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:03:48 AM

Iota was the first altcoin I ever bought.  The technology seemed like a huge leap forward and I believed it would be the future beyond blockchain technology.  I was new and hyped at getting in on it and ended up buying a crapload when it was around 90 cents...needless to say, I feel pretty dumb now.

But more than the price, the IOTA project just seems plagued with problems and no development.  It's still only on just two exchanges, their seems to be perpetual problems with the wallet, and it's ultimate goal, becoming the currency for the internet of things is like a far flung dream at this point.

I might just need patience, but I'm starting to think that I should dump it all for a loss and move that money into something that has a workable product and platform, a team that is delivering on their promises.

I think that price could potentially go down even more right now, before a pump takes care of the price and brings it up. The thing is that their client is probably one of the most buggy things that i've personally ever used(attaching to tangle just doesn't work and lags my computer so much).

Their idea is good but practicality is probably lacking a bit.

I'd say dump half and wait for a few months and dump the rest if you really don't believe in its technology.
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:03:30 AM

I am 100% convinced, you have ZERO clue about what you are talking about. Have you even looked into the project on github or any of the developers? If you followed either, you wouldn’t be writing any of this as you would be getting information first hand. But if you bought at 90cents after watching Youtube videos of coin hypers, without doing any research about what you are putting your money into. Then yes sell your coins, IOTA is dead as coin hypers have moved to hyping new coins. Move along with them  buy the coins they are promoting. Buy, high and sell, low. Follow the hype, and you will lose, always.
“when others are greedy, be scared. When others are scared, be greedy”
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:54:52 AM

If you decide a coin by the price purely than i prefer you to move away from crypto. Crypto has huge market volatility so it wont be surprise the price will move up and down. As for iota, it is great technology and it is totally different from blockchain. Even though iota had a flaw discovered by MIT and have been patched, its price suffered a lot especially it is during the china fud. But it is not just iota, even coins like 0x, dnt, neo, omg, tenx and many other coins all have yet to recover to it previous ath. Even bitcoin itself also not yet recover back to 5k usd. So base on your theory, you should say bye bye and go back to S&P500.
Analogplutonium

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:19:41 AM

IOTA is an ultra-longterm hold. If you are in for the quick buck you are in the wrong place. I think they won't really get off before 2019/2020 maybe. But who knows...
muntdrop

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:22:01 AM

To be honest i think they really need to come with 'something' soon, or else they will be surpassed by newer projects. The same thing is happening with Stratis for example. It all takes way too long, while other newer projects have something to showdirectly after its launch. Thats why it is losing attraction.
pawanjain

Activity: 2674
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:42:37 AM

I think the coin is still in development stage and it would be inappropriate to say anything about it at this stage.
If you have bought it at a high price then I guess you are unlucky and only options you have are sell or hold.
If you don't really need the amount right now then I would recommend you to hold it as long as you can.
If you desperately need the amount for some purpose then you should sell the coins. There comes times to sell in a loss.
You can't win them all right.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:44:04 AM

Why don't you give them some time?
This project is big and not build up for scam. Hold your coins or trade with them. Dev is working and this is a huge project not a few weeks development project.
Patience please.
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:54:45 AM

Like you have outrightly said you need patience as most coins behave in this way and from there get a serious pump. Iota or miota has a great technology and I don't think the developers will just abandon it like that. We still have a long way to go in this cryptocoin development and advancements. I don't think miota will die now and the best thing for you to do is to keep on holding. In years to come you may become rich through the quantity you are holding now.
kaytokeyos

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:00:38 AM

I think it's too big a project to put a cross on it. You just need to give him a second chance. Against the background of the ban on crypto currency in China and South Korea, it is not surprising that tokens depreciate
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 07:42:06 PM

Apparently, you have doubts about the project in the first place and you should not even have invested. If you totally believe in the project, it is the long term you need to look at and not the short term. It is extremely early to judge and you only need to take some chill pill mate. Even bitcoin did not just become huge within a day.

It is a very lovely project, with a good idea and a good team and I am in myself. Things might be slow but it doesn't mean the future does not look good.
perazdera

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 08:13:36 PM

IOTA is for long term, also it is new coin. People need to stop complain on new coins. Give them some time.
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:28:03 PM

That ballance update trouble seems home made, there has been pasteable javascript code for that wallet's console capable to update that ballance inside a small loop. There is no explanation why that code has not made it into the official github, still!
For the IoT application the IRI component is crucial, not the GUI. There was some (I think Python) implementation for command line access to data on the tangle. When first applications pop up at that area, we are back into the buyzone.
Exchangers dont really matter. Binance was necessary for US residents to access IOT/BTC markets, since Finex tries to evade anything US related cause of legal issues. One tradeside is a requirement, more are merely luxury.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: