Bitcoin Forum
July 09, 2024, 07:50:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems importing litecoin paper wallet  (Read 5425 times)
ave13 (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 08:56:18 PM

Hello everyone,

I moved all my litecoins to a paper wallet adress generated by liteadress.org and now I'm looking to import them again so I can start do some business.

The problem is the online ltc wallets I've found does not accept paperwallet imports and when reading through the forum here I found a post about using the debugging console in the litecoin client.
So I downloaded the client (it's still syncronizing) and tried to import using the commands described in that post.

The importprivkey command generates the following message: {"code":-5,"message":"Invalid private key"}

The dumpprivkey command generates the following message: {"code":-5,"message":"Invalid Litecoin address"}

I'm wondering if this is because;

*the liteadress.org wallet and the money is lost (should work though, it's a printed adress...)
*If this has to do with some error in the commands I write

or

*If I have to wait until the wallet is synchronized

Very thankful for any help with this.

Best regards,

//Ave13
ave13 (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 11:08:57 PM

Would be really thankful for some help with this!
ave13 (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 12:36:02 AM

I have now syncronized the wallet with the Litecoin blockchain but the commands still return error messages. I dont understand if I have done anything wrong or what has happened here. Transfering the Litecoins to the paper wallet from btc-e was no problem.

I dont understand why there liteadress.org would provide a paper wallet service if its this hard to get the money back online...
ave13 (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 01:17:49 AM

I dont know if this helps or not, I used this Litecoin block explorer to validate my adress and I can find it: http://explorer.litecoin.net/address/LdhDH5ufJ8cApvNYSrka1F2H5xaM787eqP

While I was relieved to see my balance being there I have no idea where or how to input the private key to move the balance to my online wallet.

What I have tried is downloading the Litecoin-qt and syncronizing it with the Litecoin blockchain after which added the adress with a label to the adress-book in the client. I have then tried to use the debug console to input command; importprivkey <litecoin private key> [label] where the label is the label as the ltc-adress in my adress book. Still it gives an error...
ave13 (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 02:20:27 AM

This was strange...

Now the LTC-adress shows up in my recieve money tab but my balance there is still 0.0 LTC. However when using the block explorer the money is still there?
ave13 (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 02:26:37 PM

Solved!

For future reference, for anyone that might have the same problems, I got help in the thread I started in the alternate currencies forum.

Can be found here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=224359.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: