Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:11:36 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is gaining momentum in Africa  (Read 2349 times)
teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:15:30 AM

Very true. Initially people had a negative feeling about it but now so many people in Africa has accepted bitcoin and investing in it.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:42:14 AM

Very true. Initially people had a negative feeling about it but now so many people in Africa has accepted bitcoin and investing in it.

that was simplistic, LOL, but accurate. it wasnt so much that Africa is reluctant about bitcoin, no more so than any other country (in fact they would most likely be the most receptive to cryptos, given the state of the governments. it is more that they already had perfectly good system in place that had became popular, the m pesa. Pretty low fees, good as cash and more popular than fiat in some places.  and this is some of the reason bitcoin hasnt caught on like it should; m pesa and related industries have been lobbying and legislating against it, to ensure they retain the same market share  Grin
loragean03

Activity: 403
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 02:40:11 AM

good to hear that your country got involve in bitcoin, I think your country can produce a big demand in bitcoin IF all your regions in your country has a internet connection to be involve in bitcoin too. And as a Nigerian supported bitcoin and educated your country for it, I think beware on someone Nigerian who want to make a scam on your country, some of Nigerian are famous as a scammer but I don't think if they can if the transaction is P2P. and hoping that your country can 100% bitcoin supporters for more success in the future.
ictin

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 02:51:44 AM

What is Bitkoin.Africa? Who did release it? Does it list in the exchanges? How much is it?

htsz_da12

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:05:47 AM

Inflation in Africa is very serious, bitcoin has become one of the means of hedging.
 Lips sealed
fisheater

Activity: 770
Merit: 605

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:15:23 AM

great news, bitcoin will conquer the world. It is not a currency by a central governments, so they can not print as they want.
sharkvn

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:24:41 AM

This is a fairly new market that I do not know yet. Bitcoin trading will become the world's trading trend so it will surely be more popular in all continents around the world.
Aufar

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 12:29:31 PM

Glad to hear that African countries are involved in the Bitcoin industry,
Bitcoin as Cryptocurrency has wide coverage in African countries.
and I hope your country can 100% support Bitcoin for more success in the future.

Bitcoin related activities will help generate jobs in these countries. If this basic infrastructure is restored, this currency can help improve the economic status of these countries
romecheo

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 01:08:18 PM

Africa was adopting crypto currencies due to the value of their fiat, sometime they have to exchange their fiat to USD to buy or to do transactions. But with the help of these digital currency, they can do transaction without hassle and much faster ways.

▀▀████████████████▄▄         H A V E N      /      HOLD HAVEN. EARN BNB!         ▄▄████████████████▀▀
Community Driven DeFi Project Built on BSC
|    Whitepaper    |      Telegram      |       Twitter       |      [ SafeHaven.Finance ]      |     Instagram     |        Reddit        |      YouTube      |
centralbanksequalsbombs

Activity: 378
Merit: 278

Bitcoin :open immutable decentralized global fair

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:16:54 PM

There's just an abundance of potential and resource there for Africa to sprout up and take help lead a wave technological change in the world. I see them adopt Bitcoin soon and also innovating and creating and tapping into their vast renewable energy resources too.

Africa is host to many great resources, truth and education is key to establishing better futures for her people.

centralbanksequalsbombs

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:28:33 AM

Africa was adopting crypto currencies due to the value of their fiat, sometime they have to exchange their fiat to USD to buy or to do transactions. But with the help of these digital currency, they can do transaction without hassle and much faster ways.

It'll help them get favorable exchange rates if they need to buy anything using USD again. Bitcoin is becoming the world's 'gold standard'....currently somewhere around 1% adoption. we can see 2% adoption in a couple of years, and probably 5% world adoption in five years.
Anything above 5% = mainstream.

darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:32:00 AM

Africa is covered by demand for crypto-currencies !!!

Now Bitkoin.Africa allows customers from all African countries to buy bitcoins, quickly and without problems.
Nigeria became the first country to exchange P2P digital assets, seeking to facilitate access to bitcoin throughout the African region.
Bitkoin.Africa was launched by a team of Nigerian developers on October 1
Have a nice day, everyone! Wink

Probably  the greatest bitcoin achievement in the history. Yet i am still hoping that it could go through to the poorest countries around the world. There are really good developers in nigeria they used create games yet now good to say they are also adopting
centralbanksequalsbombs

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:06:27 AM

Now Bitkoin.Africa allows customers from all African countries to buy bitcoins, quickly and without problems.
Nigeria became the first country to exchange P2P digital assets, seeking to facilitate access to bitcoin throughout the African region.

Probably  the greatest bitcoin achievement in the history. Yet i am still hoping that it could go through to the poorest countries around the world. There are really good developers in nigeria they used create games yet now good to say they are also adopting

Thumbs up!

Africa with Bitcoin is currently led by South Africa, Nigeria, and Kenya.

FrankNoland
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:22:53 AM

Its actually great to see that bitcoin has already started expanding even in the African countries, which is good in my opinion, in the sense that bitcoin will gain more recognition and popularity within those African countries. This might result in the value of bitcoin skyrocketing to new highs since demand will be increasing than the circulating supply.

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:04:20 AM
Last edit: November 21, 2017, 09:15:55 AM by Victorycoin

I'm from Algeria and I can say this is absolutely irrelevant to most of the Africain countries even though they claim otherwise, the currencies are only displayed in NGN, a verification process is needed and BVN is required which is a scheme introduced by the Central Bank of Nigeria, the site have both buying and selling listings from the same person (only one) so I don't really see how there is much demand or how this exchange is meant to be for Africa If they only support Nigeria.
I expect you should first and foremost be excited that a brother have taken a bold step to fly the flag of Bitcoin somewhere in Africa and I also expected you to be in a position to make concrete suggestions or constructive criticism to show that the adoption of Bitcoin (cryptocurrency) across Africa matters much to you and not to write him off. I must say here, that nothing will change in Africa, until African become the change they want. Learn to stand up for a brother, no one else in the world would do it for you and every well established venture today didn't start half as sound! Here's the first Rolls Royce, I hope it says something to you!

I have got to know that many Nigerians are trying to scam people by selling Bitcoins at very cheap rate and exchanging them for some coins.
No offense against any people but this is just what I heard from other people. I have personally seen some messages where they were selling Bitcoins for cheaper rates. I don't know about Bitkoin.africa but you should all stay safe from such people.
You do not have a proof for that, yet you've gone ahead to propagate it! And if at all, that's going on, the greedy fools and accomplices that patronizes them should have their heads examined!

This is a welcoming news and it just shows that bitcoin is really hard to stop right now and that's why a lot of nation is talking about it recently. But I would just like to question if Africa is really prepared for this tsunami? Have they setup their infrastructure already? Internet and Electricity is there? Because if majority of Africa has so many problems that they are facing then how they gonna adopt bitcoin? They should priority like food, shelter and water before bitcoin can really be useful in the whole of Africa. IMHO. So I'm still a little skeptics that the continent can adopt it immediately.
Africa's one and major problem is its mostly egocentric and stone age rulers, take them aside and Africa would know its best days. Interestingly, Bitcoin is such a solution provider! I think the present generation of Africans ought now to break the jinx by starting to think outside the box - waiting for their governments to generate power or provide infrastructures or food is surely a forlorn hope. By embracing Bitcoin, they can afford the best and latest technologies like green power and with reverse engineering at work, not reinvention of the wheels, things will definitely start to fall into place!

creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:07:22 AM

Great move for the people of Africa because they are now adopting great technology that can lead them for a brighter nation. Bitcoin will surely use by many people in the coming years and I am happy that Africa are now using it, more country to come with bitcoin.
Mrengage

Activity: 420
Merit: 12

Globe-dex.com

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 11:15:46 AM

Not just Africa but Nigeria is the leading country bitcoin is gaining  the momentum from. Many Avenue and awareness with a lot if local exchangers

──────[ GlobeDex ]──────
───────────[  Modern Trading Platform With High Trade Engine | Affiliate Program | Proof of Authority ]───────────
─────────────[  TWITTER]TRADE NOWTELEGRAM   ]─────────────
centralbanksequalsbombs

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:57:42 AM

Not just Africa but Nigeria is the leading country bitcoin is gaining  the momentum from. Many Avenue and awareness with a lot if local exchangers

How about Zimbabwe? It has been sad news of what has happened in that country.

Anyone have any news of how things are going in Zimbabwe?

rfcdejong

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:43:40 PM

Not surprisingly, Bitkoin.Africa is launched by a team of Nigerian developers. In my opinion, Nigeria is one of the progressive countries of this region on an equal footing with the UAE and Southern Africa.
SirLegendary

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:47:58 PM

It is real opportunity for Africa to cope with economic problems. Local currencies haven't got stable value as dollar or euro. So, it is one of the few opportunities to help africans save their money (and invest).
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: