Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:36:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Peter Vessenes: Take a step back and F*** YOUR OWN FACE!!!  (Read 8299 times)
cryptoanarchist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 09:16:28 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2013, 10:35:13 PM by cryptoanarchist

From http://www.cnbc.com/id/100774151:

But Peter Vessenes, chairman and executive director of the Bitcoin Foundation, was unfazed by the Liberty Reserve crackdown.

"The U.S. put out guidance recently through the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network, and we've been following up on that guidance and crushing bad actors," he said in an interview with CNBC Asia. "We're seeing a bit of a sweep right now," he said.

To Peter:

Really fu**face? Who exactly have you been "crushing"?

How exactly are you "regulating" bitcoin when I can still buy and sell them without using any ID? When I can still buy and sell whatever I want with them over Silk Road?

To everyone else:

You have to ask, "What is CNBC and Peter trying to accomplish with this bit of propaganda?"

To someone who is low-tech and new to bitcoin, this would easily convince them that Peter is the head of bitcoin, and that he is making it a regulated currency.

Now you may realize that Peter is just a self appointed nitwit of a rather meaningless organization, but the average dumb american does not. The banks' strategy is to create a regulated sphere of bitcoin usage, and use their media to spin it like they are cracking down on everyone else. Sort of like shutting down Napster, and creating itunes. Thing is, that hasn't stopped anyone from downloading free music, and I doubt Peter and his band of assclowns will do any better with bitcoin - even with all the help in the world from the mainstream zionist media.

http://youtu.be/KbjQ1PeAbeg

I'm grumpy!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 09:18:45 PM

I'm glad I never donated to Bitcoin Foundation.
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 09:24:38 PM

How exactly are you "regulating" bitcoin when I can still buy and sell them without using any ID? When I can still buy and sell whatever I want with them over Silk Road?

What exactly are you trying to accomplish by pointing this out?

I gather that you don't like Vessenes, but beyond that: Point == Missed.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
threeip

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 09:27:47 PM

@vessenes, CEO of CoinLab

@corzine of the bitcoin world?

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ GPG:2AFD99BB ಠ_ಠ mon
cryptoanarchist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 09:35:06 PM

I wasn't making a point to you. This post is directed at Peter. I'd like him to explain who exactly he is "crushing".

I'm grumpy!!
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 09:38:25 PM

wtf?

"As a consumer, I stay away from companies that have questionable know-your-customer policies," he said. "They're suspiciously light on how much information they want about you."

Signature space available for rent.
cryptoanarchist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 09:46:35 PM

wtf?

"As a consumer, I stay away from companies that have questionable know-your-customer policies," he said. "They're suspiciously light on how much information they want about you."

I guess this moron has never shopped at a grocery store, since they don't require ID. This guy is a frickin dipshit of epic proportions.

I propose someone start a new foundation for people who aren't fascist fu**wads.

I'm grumpy!!
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:01:52 PM

I wasn't making a point to you. This post is directed at Peter. I'd like him to explain who exactly he is "crushing".

crushing fiat transmitters that claim to be legit and trustworthy with our FIAT. then later found out they are not legit fiat transmitters.

its all about fiat..... meanwhile bitcoin remains unaffected.

if you think that bitcoin has been affected then you do not know bitcoin. please learn the non-exchange methods of obtaining bitcoin. the true, original way it was supposed to be dispursed.
hint peer-to-peer (localbitcoin / irc-otc) style

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Mylon

Activity: 140

Mining FTW

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:02:26 PM

But Peter Vessenes, chairman and executive director of the Bitcoin Foundation, was unfazed by the Liberty Reserve crackdown.

"The U.S. put out guidance recently through the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network, and we've been following up on that guidance and crushing bad actors," he said in an interview with CNBC Asia. "We're seeing a bit of a sweep right now," he said.

Ok, I'm just gonna expect that your a noob liberalist (no offense to other real liberalists)

WHY ARE YOU STILL LIVING IN THE US YOU PEACE OF SHIT!

If you do not agree with your governments laws you should just leave...

As for Peter Vessenes, if you actually followed the space, you know that he will put comments out there... Where a lot of people are.... Not sure how to interpret, and for some exactly the opposite of what they believe.

Fact is, that in order to go main-stream, you need main-stream media coverage, and you only get that if you are "Crushing Bad Actors" aka people who do not follow regulatory rules.

If you disagree with him and never supported the bitcoin foundation, though luck, its a free country and everybody can say what they want.

if you did support the bitcoin foundation and disagree with him, you should make sure someone else gets his spot at next elections. (highly recommended imo)

Spamming here on the forums will get you 0 response, and thus one of the above two options would be your best bet to change anything. (IMO, I know I wouldn't read a thread starting with "My Name: You're a fuckface" unless I was in a non-serious mood, and in for a great laugh. Then I would reply and just make fun of you (like I am now))

"All Your Base Are Belong To Us" by CATS
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:04:56 PM

Ok, I'm just gonna expect that your a noob liberalist (no offense to other real liberalists)

As for Peter Vessenes, if you actually followed the space, you know that he will put comments out there... Where a lot of people are.... Not sure how to interpret, and for some exactly the opposite of what they believe.

Fact is, that in order to go main-stream, you need main-stream media coverage, and you only get that if you are "Crushing Bad Actors" aka people who do not follow regulatory rules.

If you disagree with him and never supported the bitcoin foundation, though luck, its a free country and everybody can say what they want.

if you did support the bitcoin foundation and disagree with him, you should make sure someone else gets his spot at next elections. (highly recommended imo)

Spamming here on the forums will get you 0 response, and thus one of the above two options would be your best bet to change anything. (IMO, I know I wouldn't read a thread starting with "My Name: You're a fuckface" unless I was in a non-serious mood, and in for a great laugh. Then I would reply and just make fun of you (like I am now))
You donated didn't you  Grin.

In all seriousness any business worth anything in this community will have to comply with regulations at some point or another.

I do agree that Peters language is a bit unsettling in these interviews.
threeip

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 10:05:19 PM

Good ol' American democracy in action and Freudian slip of the decade?

Mylon

Mining FTW

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:08:56 PM

You donated didn't you  Grin.

In all seriousness any business worth anything in this community will have to comply with regulations at some point or another.

I do agree that Peters language is a bit unsettling in these interviews.
Naah, been thinking about it before all this crap started... but not sure anymore. (If I would've, the name Mylon would've been up there somewhere)

Yea totally agree on the fact that the language is unsettling... unfortunately its the language the main-stream media talks and understands... and in order to get on air with them, you need to talk the lingo.... Sad

No issues here whatsoever complying with regulations (and imo I like the shout-out part that if you wanna do illegal shit in bitcoin, you're not welcome) the only thing that unsettles me is local tax here.... Having to give away 52% every year... I can gather so much bitcoin... constantly taking 52%.... at some point nothing will be left... if you know what I mean... So gotta figure out something for that, but thats long term issues, lets get bitcoin mainstream first.

Mylon

Mining FTW

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:10:52 PM

Yea, the only sad part is that the last 30 years, in my opinion the US no longer has been a democracy, (1 person, 1 vote) not sure what to call it but nowadays its (1 dollar, 1 vote)

If you're ok with that and have a million or more, the US is the place for you, if you're unhappy with that, or don't have a million, best thing to do is leave asap.

cryptoanarchist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:12:45 PM

Hey Mylon-the-moron,

Unless you're Peter, why don't you take his balls out of your mouth and stop swinging from them?

I'm grumpy!!
CtrlAltBernanke420

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:17:07 PM

------For one, as a currency of limited quantity—about half of the 22 million bitcoins that can ultimately be "mined"

No one at CNBC knows what they are talking about or they deliberately acting like a dumb blond about all this..

There will never be more than 21million..... followed by infinite decimals places.

CtrlAltBernanke420

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:21:00 PM

Yea, the only sad part is that the last 30 years, in my opinion the US no longer has been a democracy, (1 person, 1 vote) not sure what to call it but nowadays its (1 dollar, 1 vote)

If you're ok with that and have a million or more, the US is the place for you, if you're unhappy with that, or don't have a million, best thing to do is leave asap.

Sorry that is not how elections are won... Nice try. We would have mitt in office if this were the case.
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:22:00 PM

Sorry that is not how elections are won... Nice try. We would have mitt in office if this were the case.
Money is the only reason he even got close Tongue

But lets stay on topic...
cryptoanarchist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:25:23 PM

------For one, as a currency of limited quantity—about half of the 22 million bitcoins that can ultimately be "mined"

No one at CNBC knows what they are talking about or they deliberately acting like a dumb blond about all this..

There will never be more than 21million..... followed by infinite decimals places.

You have to ask, "What is CNBC and Peter trying to accomplish with this bit of propaganda?"

To someone who is low-tech and new to bitcoin, this would easily convince them that Peter is the head of bitcoin, and that he is making it a regulated currency.

Now you may realize that Peter is just a self appointed nitwit of a rather meaningless organization, but the average dumb american does not. The banks strategy is to create a regulated sphere of bitcoin usage, and use their media to spin it like they are cracking down on everyone else. Sort of like shutting down Napster, and creating itunes. Thing is, that hasn't stopped anyone from downloading free music, and I doubt Peter and his band of assclowns will do any better with bitcoin - even with all the help in the world from the mainstream zionist media.

I'm grumpy!!
cryptoanarchist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:27:40 PM

This is a rather naive statement. Elections are just a show for the average dummie to think he makes a difference.

The elites decide who is going to be president - you and your meaningless "vote" have nothing to do with it.

I'm grumpy!!
threeip

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 12:52:48 AM

Obama won and 'pocketed' $87m?

The elites decide who is going to be president - you and your meaningless "vote" have nothing to do with it.

Also this.

Now, back on topic?  Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: