Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 02:30:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is Decentralization ????  (Read 468 times)
spaceprizm (OP)

Activity: 242
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:32:56 AM

All crypto-currencies actually stop being decentralized as they develop. I am amazed by the position of "great" experts who shout at every corner about the decentralization of Bitcoin and other crypto-currencies.

Is their level of qualification so low or they deliberately mislead people? The illusion of decentralization, or free cheese in a mousetrap? I'm sure Bitcoin in a few years will be an ordinary bank on blockchain where all the emission and control will be in one hands. And in hands of Chinese)

Any expert talks about this? Any expert warns about this? All the crypto-currencies - pow or pos - as they develop become centrist. In POW - someone has more iron and capacity, in POS - someone has more balance. The main is that the emission of new coins is made in such a way that nothing remains from decentralization in the end, s. It's only a matter of time.

Or are there other opinions?? Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AtraxPool

Activity: 84
Merit: 12

Block Hunting

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:31:09 AM

All crypto-currencies actually stop being decentralized as they develop. I am amazed by the position of "great" experts who shout at every corner about the decentralization of Bitcoin and other crypto-currencies.

Is their level of qualification so low or they deliberately mislead people? The illusion of decentralization, or free cheese in a mousetrap? I'm sure Bitcoin in a few years will be an ordinary bank on blockchain where all the emission and control will be in one hands. And in hands of Chinese)

Any expert talks about this? Any expert warns about this? All the crypto-currencies - pow or pos - as they develop become centrist. In POW - someone has more iron and capacity, in POS - someone has more balance. The main is that the emission of new coins is made in such a way that nothing remains from decentralization in the end, s. It's only a matter of time.

Or are there other opinions?? Wink

I say do something about it then. Become part of the movement.  While China has every little finger in every little pie in the crypto world I do not see it becoming a central bank or entity.  The network is what is truly distributed run by people all over the world to ensure the security of the network.

Bitcoin is only strong when more people becoming involved and help to make it so that stays decentral forever.

If you think about it China has just suffered the loss of many of there crypto exchange platforms so for them to become the number 1 place for crypto has taken a hit in recent time and shows that even though bitcoin may not be something they can shut down as easly as they can the exchanges the service the bitcoin users.

■ BLOCKHUNT ■ «  COMMUNITY BLOCKHUNTING - »  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2207363.0
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 12:46:54 PM

If that would be the case and China was to control bitcoins, why did they stop all such operations that were being conducted in their country? They used to be the center of attraction whenever Bitcoin was discussed, but after their disgusting step on banning almost everything related to bitcoins, I think you went low on your mind to say such things about bitcoins control in the hands of China. I do believe that some cryptos are being tried to control through a point but that's because they were made wrong. There are many examples like Dash and Monero which have big investors involved just like in bitcoins, but they don't try to show-off their powers through pump and dump shocks to the markets.
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 08:53:38 PM

but after their disgusting step on banning almost everything related to bitcoins

You sound pretty misinformed since they, you know, didnt ban anything to do with the bitcoin network. They shut down the exchanges so they could properly regulate them.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2494

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 09:05:13 PM

And more to the point, what China is really cracking down on are ALTCOINS and ICO's involving them- not Bitcoins. Face it - an ICO and the coins/tokens released are pretty much exactly the same as what an IPO is to stocks. Only difference was that anyone can think up a new coin and do an ICO for it to lure in Investards. Now like any REAL business becoming public and issuing stock the ICO's must now abide by strict rules proving they are a legitimate business with a proven track record and are not the typical pump-n-dump schemes seen in the past.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: