Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:56:28 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon problem - wont turn on  (Read 1350 times)
vdragon (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 10:12:08 PM

One of my avalons simply wont turn on... At first i thought ihe power supply had it, but I replaced it, and still the same. Anyone had a similar problem ?

My USB Erupter GROUP BUY https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252180.0

Hungary (south) based trader - accepting/sending bank transfers, also willing to meet in person
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 11:02:29 PM

One of my avalons simply wont turn on... At first i thought ihe power supply had it, but I replaced it, and still the same. Anyone had a similar problem ?

as you have obviously opened it, you should check all the cables from the control unit to the modules and back to the TP-Link WR703N board.

It's possible the TP-Link is dead, you can replace it with either a replacement off ebay or a Raspberry Pi.

Or your Control Unit board is dead (is your power supply switching on when you switch on the power button?)

If you have other working Avalon units, it's possible to hook one or more modules of the dead Avalon to the working system via USB (but it requires you to modify the software settings to scan for the additional modules)
rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 11:08:21 PM

is that batch 2 or batch 1?
vdragon (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 11:42:09 PM

I think its batch 1, since the guy I bought them from gotthem pretty early. Will continue checking things in the morning, to late for serious work.

Hungary (south) based trader - accepting/sending bank transfers, also willing to meet in person
Kartaiv

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 01:10:35 AM

If you determine that it is your TP-Link board I have spares, in stock ready to ship, already modded with RAM upgrade, USB power mod, and the latest Avalon firmware (note: this excludes external wifi connector) for 1 BTC including standard USPS shipping in the US.
SolarSilver
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 06:59:26 AM

I think its batch 1, since the guy I bought them from gotthem pretty early. Will continue checking things in the morning, to late for serious work.

Have a look if you can find a sticker like this one:

which is located inside the case, near one of the unused ventilator vents (where the fourth module should go)

This is an AV1-3: Avalon batch 1, 3 modules
vdragon (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 09:19:58 AM

Well problem solved. The PSU died, and the other PSU I wanted to put in was dead out of the box  Huh. So anyway I tried one more PSU and its back and hashing Cheesy. Btw it is a first batch, 3 modules

vdragon (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 09:20:15 AM

Thanks to everyone who tried to help

SolarSilver
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 10:24:16 AM

Well problem solved. The PSU died, and the other PSU I wanted to put in was dead out of the box  Huh. So anyway I tried one more PSU and its back and hashing Cheesy. Btw it is a first batch, 3 modules

Damn just when I was about to offer you some spare BTC to take this broken unit off your hands for spare parts ;-)
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 11:13:44 AM

I've learned the hard way, always test new equipment before deploying it.

This goes double for hard drives.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 01:19:36 PM

If you determine that it is your TP-Link board I have spares, in stock ready to ship, already modded with RAM upgrade, USB power mod, and the latest Avalon firmware (note: this excludes external wifi connector) for 1 BTC including standard USPS shipping in the US.
Kinda interested...but damn that is a steep price for a 20$ part.

20$ part for 120$?

Perhaps we should make a thread for known sellers of replacement Avalon parts. (At least until Yifu gets his warranty plan into place)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: