Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:42:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 196 »
  Print  
Author Topic: is it risky to turn all my money to bitcoins?  (Read 37275 times)
shouter

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 07:16:38 PM

Like all venture investments, it is advisable to never invest what you can not afford to lose.
dietmarfritz59

Activity: 113
Merit: 31

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 07:17:46 PM

Yes, if Bitcoin crashes one day you lose all your money. Yes, you may make a lot of money but you could also lose all your money. It is definitely a gamble.

4better

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 07:19:16 PM

Turning all your money to bitcoins? That's like risking your own life. Tantamount to putting yourself at the edge of a cliff. A wise investor is always cautious and smart in each and every business venture he goes into. Just take first a tiny amount of your fortune for your initial investment, watch it grow, and from there gradually increase it but never, in any instance, to put everything all what you have into something precarious and unpredictable.
jeffer8035

Activity: 251
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 07:19:51 PM

here in venezuela is no so risky, the hiperinflation is huge, this month the inflation is 57%
i know many people here in Venezuela usin bitcoin due this.
the volatil of the market is less risky than hiperinflation.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Epimetheus
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:03:13 PM

Every people have their different opinion towards the" is it risky to turn all my money in bitcoin"  but from my point of views that yes it is risky to turn all my money in bitcoin because no one can sure about the price of bitcoin it may be go up and down . The price of bitcoin is fluctuate every moment but by seeing the demand of bitcoin towards the people it estimate that the price of bitcoin is increasing but it is very risky to invest all the money in bitcoin because no one can see the future.
Kiki Rusma

Activity: 40
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:47:07 AM

will definitely be at risk, because the movement of bitcoin who knows, understand and observe the first way of work and the movement of bitcoin, until now people can only predict the ups and downs that are less accurate ... so the price risks where bitcoin prices decreased.
jumpercrypto

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:09:48 AM

Although bitcoin could be a good investment, I'm not recommending you to go all out because the industry is a bit shaky. You can tiptoe it by investing a percentage of your money that you're VERY confident with.
newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 05:04:16 AM

At the age of 39, Didi Taihutto bought Holland's house, furniture, motorcycle and 3 cars and bought Bitcoin. This seems a bit risky to me! He must have a back up plan if his plans get worse...And he did not sell his spiritual things, like his photo albums, that he could never fill. The Taihutto family expects their assets to grow in size over the next three years thanks to the Bitcoin stock exchange.

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
A Feeder

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:10:54 AM

Yes it is very risky. You need to spread your electronic money in many forms to have versatile security. Try to trade it in different alternate coins.
DGMCrypto

Activity: 11

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 05:12:33 AM

screw it; YOLO.

Just kidding; always have a diverse investment portfolio. Don't put all your eggs in one basket....
harbin55

Activity: 615
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:10:23 PM

Somehow for me it is a wise decision. Putting your money in investment provides you another way to earn money without spending too much effort for it.
Aside from that it provides a high yield of interest that can gives you a high return in investment for just short period of time.
Risktaker31

Activity: 420
Merit: 134

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:15:27 PM

is it risky to turn all my money to bitcoins? anyhow this money sits in the bank and do nothing for!

Of course it's risky because bitcoins are so unstable. But it can be a huge advantage if bitcoin continues to soar. But I suggest you do not change all your money to bitcoin.

Turning all of your assets into bitcoin is really idiotic dude almost all of the trader know that bitcoin is highly volatile and it can lead to your bankruptcy or you can get broke if you turn it all in bitcoin maybe if you invest just an amount of your money saved or the money you can afford to lose .
bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:26:27 PM

Although bitcoin could be a good investment, I'm not recommending you to go all out because the industry is a bit shaky. You can tiptoe it by investing a percentage of your money that you're VERY confident with.
Bitcoin investment will not give you loss but investing your full savings in bitcoin is not safe. The present price increment can make you tempt to invest but once it drops you may get a heart attack. So invest only part of your savings in bitcoins.
TheGreatUnknown

Activity: 149

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:37:06 PM

Of Course!
It's too risky! you should not do it! let me give you an example.
if you put all your money in the bitcoin then we say you have an emergency when you need money instantly and at the same time the price of the bitcoin goes down. it's your loss because you had o choice you need your money so you end up getting your money back in lower value. not a good move to make.
reymartH

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:54:51 PM

Bitcoins aren't a stable super-liquid currency. They are a volatile investment that will go up and/or down a lot over time. In general, investing all of your savings into a volatile security is a mistake. Bitcoin can either diminish in value in an instant or be confiscated.
Rludd

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:56:56 PM

is it risky to turn all my money to bitcoins? anyhow this money sits in the bank and do nothing for!

Last week, I put all my life savings into Bitcoin. I'm only 30 so I know while it is a risk, I still have a chance to recover if it crashes, and I have a full time job anyway. I just thought how the people around me are putting money into their houses, into children and expensive weddings, and they will never get a return on that. It just disappears. I also thought how most people will go their whole life and not take a risk and 'go for it'... and when I'm older, I will not be able to things like this. I will be a lot more conservative. Now is the time for me to take a risk.
So I put a total of about $50,000 USD and bought in. I don't know how long I'll keep it in, but I'm thinking at least 5 to 10 years, maybe longer. I haven't told anyone and I don't plan to, but I feel good about it. Another thing I think about is that there will only be 21 million bitcoins ever released, and that is NOTHING when I stop and think about it. To me it seems like a great opportunity.
Bamel

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:57:38 PM

Last week, I put all my life savings into Bitcoin. I'm only 30 so I know while it is a risk, I still have a chance to recover if it crashes, and I have a full time job anyway. I just thought how the people around me are putting money into their houses, into children and expensive weddings, and they will never get a return on that. It just disappears. I also thought how most people will go their whole life and not take a risk and 'go for it'... and when I'm older, I will not be able to things like this. I will be a lot more conservative. Now is the time for me to take a risk.
So I put a total of about $50,000 USD and bought in. I don't know how long I'll keep it in, but I'm thinking at least 5 to 10 years, maybe longer. I haven't told anyone and I don't plan to, but I feel good about it. Another thing I think about is that there will only be 21 million bitcoins ever released, and that is NOTHING when I stop and think about it. To me it seems like a great opportunity.

Sorry, I would not want this to lead to anyone acting irresponsibly or doing the same, unless they put the time to study the ins and outs and know the real risks. I took a risk because I am in a good place with my job and dont have any other responsibilities with family. Only posted here since I couldnt tell me friends or family, without them killing me. Since it flies in the face of a lot of common wisdom.
Amial

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:58:21 PM

Sorry, I would not want this to lead to anyone acting irresponsibly or doing the same, unless they put the time to study the ins and outs and know the real risks. I took a risk because I am in a good place with my job and dont have any other responsibilities with family. Only posted here since I couldnt tell me friends or family, without them killing me. Since it flies in the face of a lot of common wisdom.

I hope when you say 'life savings' you are not including your emergency fund. An emergency fund of around 6 months of expenses should be kept in as liquid a state as possible, so that it can be used right away to deal with the unexpected. Not having a proper emergency fund can do major damage to you financially if you lose your job or have an accident. Just imagine how much it would suck to be forced to sell some of your coins during a temporary low in the market, only to watch the price go back up. In short, if you don't have an emergency fund, then you have an emergency.
Kesecer

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:59:21 PM

I hope when you say 'life savings' you are not including your emergency fund. An emergency fund of around 6 months of expenses should be kept in as liquid a state as possible, so that it can be used right away to deal with the unexpected. Not having a proper emergency fund can do major damage to you financially if you lose your job or have an accident. Just imagine how much it would suck to be forced to sell some of your coins during a temporary low in the market, only to watch the price go back up. In short, if you don't have an emergency fund, then you have an emergency.

How do you store your loot?
Usine

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:59:54 PM

In the exchange right now got to figure out paper wallets

How do you store your loot?
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 196 »
  Print  

Jump to: