Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:16:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Today is m-day!  (Read 1045 times)
eMansipater (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 273

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 10:39:17 PM

Happy m-day!

Just thought I'd put up a little post about m-day and answer any questions people might have.  For those who don't know, m-day is an information and advocacy day for the mBTC (or millibitcoin) unit.  I've been publicising m-day with my avatar image, my signature and a contest (among other things), but what many people may not know is that I did not choose the date of June 2nd for m-day.  Rather, June 2nd is the anniversary of the mBTC unit first surpassing the U.S. cent (the smallest circulating unit in the world's most circulated currency).  m-day 2013 is the two year anniversary of that occasion.

I also want to take the chance to let everyone know about www.em-bit.org, a community information site being launched today by project m-day to provide an easy, mobile-friendly resource for websites and programs to send users to when they have questions about mBTC.  We hope that by providing an easy reference we can make it easier for all websites to start showing prices and values in whole numbers instead of crazy decimal fractions Smiley

Soon we will be adding some icons and images that will help people show that they support using mBTC.  We also have a Q&A section, the current price, and a page explaining m-day.  Let us know if there's anything else you think we should add, and if the site works properly on your device and platform.

Project m-day also maintains the "m" list, an index of businesses, websites, and software which support the mBTC unit.  Check it out, and if we're missing your favourite site let us know so we can add it in!

If you found my post helpful, feel free to send a small tip to 1QGukeKbBQbXHtV6LgkQa977LJ3YHXXW8B
Visit the BitCoin Q&A Site to ask questions or share knowledge.
0.009 BTC too confusing?  Use mBTC instead!  Details at www.em-bit.org or visit the project thread to help make Bitcoin prices more human-friendly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCLuke

Activity: 526
Merit: 508

My other Avatar is also Scrooge McDuck

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 11:26:23 PM

Happy M day to you too bro.

I've just changed my qt client over to display millies and boy do I feel a lot richer.  Wink

Luke Parker
Bank Abolitionist
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 11:55:14 PM

Same here! I would have preferred m-day to be later so we could drum up more press.

BTW, check this out: http://www.coindesk.com/june-2-m-day-promotes-millibitcoin-as-unit-of-choice/

Oh, and notice who is quoted in the article.  Wink

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
No 1

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Ad Infinitum Et Ultra

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 12:09:24 AM

Everyone rejoice for today is m-day Smiley

http://www.coindesk.com/june-2-m-day-promotes-millibitcoin-as-unit-of-choice/

12wqXQuExLnWoWWQy7j35hzBEW91bUz1YS
LcbBQ5oXtTjyKK4V8iaDqgUAAtahv9nsHR
eMansipater (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 12:36:17 AM

Yeah, I noticed that.  Good job thinking up m-day, DanielTaylor!  Wait....  Undecided  I sent them a correction, but I haven't heard back from them.

It was a little unlucky for m-day to be so close to the Bitcoin 2013 conference, but what can you do?  By the way, I don't want speak out of turn, but I have received promising feedback in private from a major site about adding mBTC support as a result of all the m-day attention Smiley

If you found my post helpful, feel free to send a small tip to 1QGukeKbBQbXHtV6LgkQa977LJ3YHXXW8B
0.009 BTC too confusing?  Use mBTC instead!  Details at www.em-bit.org or visit the project thread to help make Bitcoin prices more human-friendly.
digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 01:04:30 AM

So which actually talking to someone, how should I say mBTC - "em-bit" or "milli-bit" or something else?   

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
eMansipater (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 01:15:12 AM

So which actually talking to someone, how should I say mBTC - "em-bit" or "milli-bit" or something else?   

Guess you didn't read the faq Smiley

Just kidding.  Personally I say em-bit for anything except a formal or technical treatment.  When I want to be more formal, I use millibit or millicoin.  I don't use millibitcoin at all.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: