Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 03:15:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 4,000 BTE bounty for patching Bytecoin to merged mine  (Read 3108 times)
bitpop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 03:57:25 AM

Awesome!

jaywaka2713

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 04:04:52 AM

Can't we take Devcoin or Ixcoin merge mining code?

xan_The_Dragon

Activity: 322

I AM A DRAGON

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 05:02:21 AM

il ad 1000 memecoins and .15 ltc to the bounty

MfFMEpgL5Ma9C2yw6iSsSX4QcbSVzjm6iK
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 05:14:37 AM

Can't we take Devcoin or Ixcoin merge mining code?

Both of those are simply bitcoin with the merged mining patches added then the specific alt-coin's "things that make it unique" added.

So both of those are now waiting for the new Mergecoin repo to be ready, so they can both apply to that the things that make them unique.

If your coin is based on some ancient version of bitcoin, then maybe you might be able to apply merged-mining.patch directly to your coin, and your coin will stay as ancient outdated code like IXCoin and DeVCoin currently are. They are so old they have no encrypting of wallets, gosh knows what other features they lack and what bugfixes they do not have. Is your coin's code THAT out of date?

As an example, does your coin use Berkely DB, like old bitcoin used to do? Or is it based on newer bitcoin, thus uses the new type of database?

Part of why this patch is hard to apply is because it was created back before the new type of database came into use...

I have now applied the merged-mining.patch to latest bitcoin, and even also manually gone through one of the .rej files of rejected chunks. But there are still three .rej files I have not tackled yet. I have pushed what I have done so far to https://github.com/knotwork/Mergecoin

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
bitpop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 05:20:35 AM

Yeah I'm disgusted by devcoin, it's embarrassing having the word developer in it
 Great work markm

soma13

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 05:57:36 AM

Yeah I'm disgusted by devcoin, it's embarrassing having the word developer in it
 Great work markm
I agree, and think that this should be eligible for a devcoin bounty as bitcoin/altcoin client development should one of devcoin's primary goals at the moment.  Devcoin should always be based against the most current (or better) bitcoin client codebase and working on it's own new features.  One thing that i'd like to see is a multi-wallet, with modular alternative blockchain plugins.  I don't understand why there aren't more (specific) bounties posted for cryptocoin development.  For instance, all of the BIPs should have bounties assigned.  Eligibilty would be integration in either the devcoin or mainline bitcoin client.  I think Gavin should be eligible for devcoin bounties for all the hard work he does.  Whether he's interested in claiming them should be up to him.

Thanks for the hard work markm.  I'd love to be able to claim the devcoins i dumped on a compressed key.  These altcoins really need the updated security and bugfixes too.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 06:43:45 AM

This is something DeVCoin itself needs to update its code, so in effect DeVCoin already is paying to have it done, as I am already basically "on salary" or "tenured"; I have to work on something free open source, today I chose to work on this that DeVCoin needs, that also of course all the merged mined coins and wannabe-merged-mined coins all also need.

So its just another case of DeVCoin helping out around the place. Smiley

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
noel

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 01:04:21 PM

Dump!!

My Bitcoin Address is 1A2WeFuxL2WuyoqNAYqKx4P2a5YieYaunp

Donate Please.
bitpop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 08:47:26 PM

repo
https://github.com/bryan-mills/bytecoin

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:37:40 AM

is that it then? has the bounty been claimed?

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
bitpop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 03:55:51 AM

Sadly that's just the current version.

bitpop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 03:47:46 AM

Well here is an update. The cocreator/actual coder wants 1btc per day to work. 5btc to take over the domain.
We can basically take over bytecoin but I don't know if it is worth it or to just give up.
Does anyone want to join me or take over?

ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 03:10:43 AM

BUMP! would you guys mind paying up to allow us to continue working with BTE we have a few sites in line willing to accept BTE as payment method but would like some BTE to start off

EDIT: do you guys have a way to get in contact with the original dev id like to get the original bytecoin site up. Also would you guys pm me if youre interested in a merged mining pool so i can add you to the list. we are currently working on 4 nodes 2xpushpoo/stratum and 2x p2pool based. so if you guys would be willing to donate some BTC to get hold of some servers it would be appreciated. We have some sites waiting to accept BTE one is bitgrenade another is a site design company by serversides.

daemondazz

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 03:55:14 AM

BUMP! would you guys mind paying up to allow us to continue working with BTE we have a few sites in line willing to accept BTE as payment method but would like some BTE to start off

EDIT: do you guys have a way to get in contact with the original dev id like to get the original bytecoin site up. Also would you guys pm me if youre interested in a merged mining pool so i can add you to the list. we are currently working on 4 nodes 2xpushpoo/stratum and 2x p2pool based. so if you guys would be willing to donate some BTC to get hold of some servers it would be appreciated. We have some sites waiting to accept BTE one is bitgrenade another is a site design company by serversides.

I'm not really sure what you're after, but I'm happy to run merged-mining on my BTC/TRC P2Pool nodes.

Computers, Amateur Radio, Electronics, Aviation - 1dazzrAbMqNu6cUwh2dtYckNygG7jKs8S
ahmed_bodi

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 03:58:15 AM

im in the process of creating a big mining operation of 4 nodes, merge mining multiple pools. i am also getting various ites to accept bytecoin. now id like to claim the bounties offeredhere and would like all interested in the pooled operation to pm me

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 04:18:44 AM

im in the process of creating a big mining operation of 4 nodes, merge mining multiple pools. i am also getting various ites to accept bytecoin. now id like to claim the bounties offeredhere and would like all interested in the pooled operation to pm me

show bitpop your proof. if he is of the opinion that you have satisfied the requirements for the bounty than i will release my share.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
ahmed_bodi

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 04:20:31 AM

i believe ive sent it to him already i know he donated 100BTE in my private release thread, well wait for him to reply

bitpop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 08:23:51 AM

This bounty was for mm as a slave so it was not satisfied but I will do more personal donations in the future.

bitpop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 08:25:44 AM

Make a new site. Old guy wants a lot of cash as I posted somewhere. You don't need the domain.

Hydroponica

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

fml

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 10:11:13 AM

All the merged mined coins all need the same basic template from which to update themselves:

A copy of bitcoin with the merged mining patches applied.

Given that, each coin then only needs to fork it and apply their own usually pretty trivial modifications that makes them different from each other, such as their coins per block, their difficulty adjustment system, their default ports, their IRC channel or channels, their magic handshake bytes, and the cosmetics.

So really the best place to start is with a good recent stable copy of bitcoin.

Otherwise its a huge waste of programmer time with everyone hacking directly at just one coin instead of all being able to work from the common ancestor, which is bitcoin with ONLY the merged mining patches applied.

NOTE that doing it this way would also allow I0coin and geistgeld, the most troublesome / hardest to merge, to be updated too, allowing more people to be able to successfully merge the full panoply of merged mined coins.

So for anyone who is actually going to merged mine, having this raw "pure bitcoin with ONLY merged mining patches applied" is pretty much a no-brainer, allowing all merged coins to then be upgraded thus allowing all miners who merge to maximise their merges.

(To update Bytecoin you would diff it against the version of bitcoin it was forked from, then apply that diff as a patch to the "raw bitcoin with ONLY merged mining patches applied" repo, nice and simple. Oh and pick a block number at which merged mining will turn on.)

-MarkM-

Why is every single post you make, TLDR. You are smart, we get it Roll Eyes

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: