Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:16:46 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FTC Lost FOREVER??! HELP! *REWARD*  (Read 797 times)
bitcoincreator (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 12:28:46 AM

Hello I have been really worried these past few days. I withdrew 4100 FTC from my btc-e account to my feathercoin-qt client on my computer. Unfortuanetly I forgot and sent it to a (out of sync) wallet that never was able to syncronize and is broken complelty. I have downloaded the feathercoin client again, and placed the wallet.dat from the previous wallet, it is synced but shows no sign of the transaction ever being received.

According to the FTC network it went through http://explorer.feathercoin.com/address/6of5NqW9pjvApY6mqmGsFd2DAnbbv987kx but I have not recieved it. Is there any way to recover my FTC or did I really lose 4100 FTC from sending to a broken wallet!?!? Whoever helps me retrieve my coins gets the reward of 300 FTC or the equivalent in BTC, thank you!
bitcoincreator (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 12:44:57 AM

Bump, still need help on this problem.
personABCD

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 01:20:10 AM

Yes, try what gweedo said... open a command line at the folder with your feathercoin-qt.exe in it and launch feathercoind.exe in the command line with "feathercoind -rescan" and wait a while
bitcoincreator (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 02:22:23 AM

Thanks I tried it and still no luck.. The wallet is fully synced and still transaction not showing up. Its strange because its registered in the block chain
BitKoot

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 07:36:40 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2013, 08:49:14 AM by BitKoot

Most important: your feathercoins are safe (as long as you don't delete your wallet.dat!), they are safely stored in the blockchain / network.

I'm guessing you don't have very indepth knowledge of the workings of the Feathercoin client, so here is a step by step guide to deleting the corrupted blockchain on your computer which is preventing the feathercoin client from synchronising with the network.

Do the following
  • Close the Feathercoin client
  • Press 'Windows key + R'
  • Paste in '%APPDATA%\Feathercoin' in the run dialog that opened
  • Press Enter, windows explorer will open the pasted location
  • Make a copy of all files and folder located here to some other folder (just to be sure)
  • Delete all files that start with 'blk' located here
  • Delete the 'database' folder located here
  • Open the feathercoin client
  • Your client should redownload the blockchain, and sync including your transaction

Let us know how it works out.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: