Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 06:01:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My MIOTA disappeared from the "IOTA-wallet"  (Read 1291 times)
tyKiwanuka
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1670

#birdgang

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:34:39 PM

Please read the blog post carefully. The claiming process is divided into 2 phases. It is normal that you don't see your IOTA yet. Generating/attaching addresses won't help as well.

.....wie die Zeit fliegt.....
Arturotretis (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:49:51 PM

Please read the blog post carefully. The claiming process is divided into 2 phases. It is normal that you don't see your IOTA yet. Generating/attaching addresses won't help as well.

Reading the article, i understand that the budget appear in the new iota wallet ?
tyKiwanuka
Legendary

#birdgang

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:53:43 PM

Reading the article, i understand that the budget appear in the new iota wallet ?

From the blog: "After successfully completing the reclaim process (once your transaction gets confirmed), make sure to keep your old and new seed safe, as you will need it for stage 2 which will go live next week with the new wallet release."

So you completed stage 1 successfully, now wait for another new wallet release in the next week and complete stage 2 to see your IOTA in your wallet again. Keep the old and the new seed in a safe place and never share them.

Arturotretis (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:57:30 PM

From the blog: "After successfully completing the reclaim process (once your transaction gets confirmed), make sure to keep your old and new seed safe, as you will need it for stage 2 which will go live next week with the new wallet release."

So you completed stage 1 successfully, now wait for another new wallet release in the next week and complete stage 2 to see your IOTA in your wallet again. Keep the old and the new seed in a safe place and never share them.

you are very kind and patient ..... thanks! now it's all clear.
U

Activity: 503
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:05:40 PM

USE the latest wallet version

Bitcoin Ethereum TERA
Arturotretis (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 12:58:38 PM

Hello to all ...

downloaded new IOTA wallet 2.5.3  ...

I tried to access with old seed but balance equal to zero.

Then I entered with the new seed created through the tools RECLAIM TOOL with the wallet 2.5.2,
but also in this case balance equal to zero.

Nothing is changed ....  Angry
tyKiwanuka
Legendary

#birdgang

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:06:02 PM

All good, Arturotretis Wink

Wallet 2.5.3 is not the wallet that includes the second phase recovery tool. It was just released, because some people had problems with a buggy 2.5.2 wallet. If you completed the steps from phase 1 (old seed, new seed, publish proof, transaction confirmed), you will still have to wait for wallet 2.5.4 or 2.6 to complete phase 2 of the recovery process. And only when that is completed, you will have your IOTA back.

Arturotretis (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:13:40 PM

All good, Arturotretis Wink

Wallet 2.5.3 is not the wallet that includes the second phase recovery tool. It was just released, because some people had problems with a buggy 2.5.2 wallet. If you completed the steps from phase 1 (old seed, new seed, publish proof, transaction confirmed), you will still have to wait for wallet 2.5.4 or 2.6 to complete phase 2 of the recovery process. And only when that is completed, you will have your IOTA back.

All clear, thanks tyKiwanuka for your invaluable help.   Smiley
tyKiwanuka
Legendary

#birdgang

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:41:53 PM

You can finish the reclaim process now: https://blog.iota.org/gui-wallet-phase-two-of-the-reclaim-process-f5913109cf46

Arturotretis (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:16:31 PM

Hi tyKiwanuka,
thanks for the, signaling.
I will try to translate and understand how to proceed ....
elma

Activity: 1932
Merit: 940

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 05:54:32 PM

tell me please if i'm right:

- wallet 2.5.1: my balance show 0
- i've installed wallet 2.5.4, balance show 0
- So i've created a new wallet (i invent a new seed)
- i went to reclaim tool
- old seed and new seed entered
- balance still at 0

i have to wait ?

Thanks !

"Qu’on me donne six lignes écrites de la main du plus honnête homme, j'y trouverai de quoi le faire pendre.“ (Richelieu)
tyKiwanuka
Legendary

#birdgang

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:09:30 PM

tell me please if i'm right:

- wallet 2.5.1: my balance show 0
- i've installed wallet 2.5.4, balance show 0
- So i've created a new wallet (i invent a new seed)
- i went to reclaim tool
- old seed and new seed entered
- balance still at 0

i have to wait ?

Thanks !

Without more details, it's not possible to answer your question with yes or no. Have you tried to generate/attach addresses in 2.5.1 to get your balance back ?

elma

Activity: 1932
Merit: 940

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 09:39:11 PM

yes, i generate a lot of adresses in 2.5.1
I did not connect iota wallet since a long time (august i think).

"Qu’on me donne six lignes écrites de la main du plus honnête homme, j'y trouverai de quoi le faire pendre.“ (Richelieu)
tyKiwanuka
Legendary

#birdgang

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:07:10 PM

yes, i generate a lot of adresses in 2.5.1
I did not connect iota wallet since a long time (august i think).

Ok, then your IOTA have most likely been sent to an IOTA Foundation controlled address. Make sure you correctly finished the reclaim process (there are/were two phases) and then wait for your funds to be sent to your new seed. You can find some further explanation on the reclaim process in these two blog posts. Please read these carefully:

https://blog.iota.org/gui-v2-5-2-latest-release-with-iota-reclaim-tool-32d364d6241a
https://blog.iota.org/gui-wallet-phase-two-of-the-reclaim-process-f5913109cf46

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: