Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:42:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't login to Avalon, wrong password.  (Read 1515 times)
Uncle Scrooge (OP)

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 01:09:41 AM

Trying to login to my Avalon and it says I entered wrong password. I'm pretty sure its the correct password. Is there a way to recover or reset the password?

Thanks
Kartaiv

Activity: 61

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 01:17:02 AM

You should be able to since Avalon firmware is based on OpenWRT which has a failsafe mode.

When the configuration no longer allows you to log in via any network connection (e.g. lost password), the OpenWrt failsafe mode can be entered via the single "Reset" button on the device. However, in contrast to the generic failsafe instructions, for the TL-WR703N you have to wait for ca. 10 (10-12) seconds before pushing the "Reset" button after powering on the device. If the button is pushed immediately after powering on, the single blue LED will start blinking, supposedly indicating some failsafe firmware recovery mody of the embedded bootloader (not yet discovered how to use it). In this mode, the OpenWrt failsafe is not being started. Instead, wait for slightly longer than 10 seconds and - as soon as the LED starts blinking for the first time after powering on the device, push the "Reset" button for ca. 1-2 seconds. Immediately afterwards, the LED will blink rapidly (multiple Hz) and OpenWrt will be in failsafe mode.
- The above didn't work on a Ver 1.6 box running OpenWRT r33312. To get into failsafe mode, power up the device and wait until the LED starts flashing (about 2Hz). Once it starts flashing (within about 4 seconds) then quickly press the button. The LED will then flash much faster and the device will be in failsafe mode.

Uncle Scrooge (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 03:26:11 AM

Thanks but that didn't reset the password.

01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 03:27:51 AM

Over your mouse on My Account --> Lost Password

This is the link just in case: http://store.avalon-asics.com
Uncle Scrooge (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 03:33:38 AM

Trying to reset password for Avalon ASIC unit.
Kartaiv

Activity: 61

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 05:01:14 AM

What I pasted earlier should just bring the unit into failsafe mode, to which you can then telnet into the unit and reset the password. Google for OpenWRT failsafe mode and you should be able to find how to do it.

If you can't get any of that to work, as a last resort you can replace your TP-Link board. I have spare modded TP-Links on hand (ram upgrade, power mod, newest Avalon firmware, but no external wifi adapter) for sale that I can ship out to you immediately for 1 btc each (standard shipping to US included).
Uncle Scrooge (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 05:16:16 AM

Thank You for the offer. I'll keep trying to reset it.
BenTuras

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 06:15:26 AM

After resetting, did you use the standard IP address ?

I am selling in stock OneStringMiner boards, based on the Bitfury chips. Have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: