Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:45:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Created an iOS app to track the upcoming bitcoin forks  (Read 319 times)
SpeculationCrypto (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 04:46:36 PM

Hey guys thought you might be interested in an app I made to track Bitcoin vs BCH and the other forks that are coming very shortly. It's called Bitcoin Wars and can be found on the app store here https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bitcoinwars-bitcoin-moon-race/id1280167160?mt=8

Thanks for checking it out and any feedback is appreciated. I already plan on moving the graphs to another page once the additional forks are created.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 04:53:11 PM

Hey guys thought you might be interested in an app I made to track Bitcoin vs BCH and the other forks that are coming very shortly. It's called Bitcoin Wars and can be found on the app store here https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bitcoinwars-bitcoin-moon-race/id1280167160?mt=8
You're the first coder I have come across on bitcointalk who made an 'bitcoin' application for Ios before Android.Usually it's other way around.Look at coinnomi,already 3k+ download on the Android app store still not on Ios.

Thanks for checking it out and any feedback is appreciated. I already plan on moving the graphs to another page once the additional forks are created.
Honestly,why BCH ? How difficult it is to keep track of the upcoming forks ? I mean do we really need an app for something that 'petty' ? Boy,technology is making people lazy.
SpeculationCrypto (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:13:30 PM

You're the first coder I have come across on bitcointalk who made an 'bitcoin' application for Ios before Android.Usually it's other way around.Look at coinnomi,already 3k+ download on the Android app store still not on Ios.

Honestly,why BCH ? How difficult it is to keep track of the upcoming forks ? I mean do we really need an app for something that 'petty' ? Boy,technology is making people lazy.

Gotta start somewhere and when you're an iOS developer you start there. Looking to port to Android in the near future.

BCH is one of the main forks that came from Bitcoin so of course we're going to include it. Figured it would be a good way to keep track of all the upcoming forks with 2x coming around and Bitcoin gold. Makes it convenient and easy to see how everything is doing against BTC.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:44:10 PM

Gotta start somewhere and when you're an iOS developer you start there. Looking to port to Android in the near future.

BCH is one of the main forks that came from Bitcoin so of course we're going to include it. Figured it would be a good way to keep track of all the upcoming forks with 2x coming around and Bitcoin gold. Makes it convenient and easy to see how everything is doing against BTC.

- Absolutely!If you're doing for skill sakes,you can ignore the product part.Too less iOs apps in the app store that gives me a concise view of selective alt-coins.Might as wanna try something like that.
- Never knew about bitcoin Gold. Lips sealed I finally figured out one feasible reason to download the app.  Smiley Good luck for your upcoming projects.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:17:24 PM

Well, if you are just practicing your skills as a developer then there is nothing wrong with that, you need to make simple projects before you tackle something more substantive, however when it comes to app and stuff like I always try to follow the simpler path, it is not difficult to remember the forks because there are only two of them, bitcoin gold and segwit2x so you could write that down or just commit it to memory.
SpeculationCrypto (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:25:25 PM

Well, if you are just practicing your skills as a developer then there is nothing wrong with that, you need to make simple projects before you tackle something more substantive, however when it comes to app and stuff like I always try to follow the simpler path, it is not difficult to remember the forks because there are only two of them, bitcoin gold and segwit2x so you could write that down or just commit it to memory.
It's not really so much as remembering about the forks as much as it is about having one easy place to see current market data around the forks. Who knows how many we'll be seeing in the future.
Bruce Wayne

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:30:52 PM

Are you going to be doing an ICO?

Join My Newsletter (Free) By Shooting Me A Message On Here With Your Email Address. 1st Newsletter Goes Out in December! Happy Trading.
SpeculationCrypto (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:18:06 PM

- Absolutely!If you're doing for skill sakes,you can ignore the product part.Too less iOs apps in the app store that gives me a concise view of selective alt-coins.Might as wanna try something like that.
- Never knew about bitcoin Gold. Lips sealed I finally figured out one feasible reason to download the app.  Smiley Good luck for your upcoming projects.
Thank you!
Laya Varghese

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:46:45 AM

Wow. That's great. Please share the app details.
We are starting our ICO campaign and anyone who like to help us manage our bitcointalk announcement page please contact us. You can contact us in our telegram handle @BoonTech
En1ken

Activity: 74

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:54:38 AM

Very nice work. Out of curiosity, how much hours did this app take you to develop?
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:49:16 AM

Good idea and it should be encouraged, every little bit of information helps. It may not be hard to track all the Bitcoin forks as there are a lot of readily available resources that already do this, but if everybody just folded their hands and said this and this already exists, I wont bother, because Joe there already created one, there will never be competition and improvements.
nithin@123

Activity: 52

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:28:34 AM

Wow, that's great.I want to know more about the app.Where can I get it?
steadyrice

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:44:05 AM

Any update on when the Android version is going to arrive? I'd like to check it out.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: