Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:01:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Weird Problem with Blockchaininfo. Please help me out.  (Read 455 times)
Knock91 (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:48:18 PM

Hi guys i got a question and hopefully someone can help me.

i bought on BitMoney.eu Btcs and they transfered them to my wallet which i have on blockchain info. So far everything worked fine but as soon as i was logged in into blockchaininfo a transaction was immediately made without me doing anything. All my money gone within a second. There was a cancel button and i tried to click it several times but it didnt work. So if anyone had/have the same problem or knows whats going on let me please know. This is what i got from the blockchaininfo support:

Hello,

An unconfirmed transaction will eventually be accepted into a block by whichever mining pool mines the block, or the transaction will eventually be rejected by the bitcoin network. If it eventually is rejected, then the funds would remain at the bitcoin address they were sent from. The only thing you can do at this point is to wait and see if the transaction is accepted into a block. Like all wallet providers, Blockchain.info has absolutely no control over this, and cannot expedite transactions. This is always dependent upon the bitcoin network of miners, which we are not a part of.

Blockchain.info wallets utilize dynamic fees. The following link explains how this works - https://blog.[Suspicious link removed]/2016/03/16/introducing-dynamic-fees/.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4669

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:54:14 PM

Sounds like you have a virus, trojan program, malicious browser plugin, or other malware on your computer.

When you logged in to blockchain.info the malware noticed and quickly used your account to send your bitcoins away.

jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:54:51 PM

What address did you send it to on blockchain.info? Has the transaction been confirmed yet.
Did you save the seed, or can you? and import that into a wallet like electrum (from electrum.org/#download
Knock91 (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:04:40 PM

Hi thanks for the quick responses.

34TMKbHTAKPPbDoYo6KeDWWLMa7o96HXWS (0.00454892 BTC)

19yAR4yvGcKV3SXUQhKnhi43m4bCUhSPc (0.01819565 BTC)

They been already confirmed. What do you mean with "did you have the seed" excactly ? Sry but im very new and i only bought sometimes btcs and this never happened to me.
Knock91 (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:10:51 PM

maybe you meant this :

https://blockchain.info/tx/153bfd06687cbc1b85cacad243f78747f1339ebd23cdbfae009663c94dc1856e
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4669

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:12:55 PM

Since your computer is probably infected with malware, you should assume that ALL bitcoin wallets and accounts that you have accessed from that computer may be compromised.  You should probably also assume that ALL important accounts that you have accessed (email, banks, etc) and all your current passwords are possibly compromised.

You should get that malware cleaned off your computer, and then you should change all passwords. You should not re-use any bitcoin wallet that you've used in the past.  Create new wallets AFTER your computer is cleaned.
Knock91 (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:23:44 PM

I dont think its a virus but do you can recommend a program with which i can check it ? My antivirus didnt find anything its "all good ans secure".
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:25:22 PM

Hi thanks for the quick responses.

34TMKbHTAKPPbDoYo6KeDWWLMa7o96HXWS (0.00454892 BTC)

19yAR4yvGcKV3SXUQhKnhi43m4bCUhSPc (0.01819565 BTC)

They been already confirmed. What do you mean with "did you have the seed" excactly ? Sry but im very new and i only bought sometimes btcs and this never happened to me.

Are those addresses yours?

It looks like it goes to someone with 100BTC if this is a hacking operation, it's a very rofitable and coplex one (and also one that isn't very well planned as everything goes to the same address).

Also, the seed is a 12-13 word phrase used for generating the private keys, which control and generate your addresses.
Knock91 (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:29:58 PM

Those are the 2 addresses my money was sent to without me doing anything.
xypos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 03:42:27 AM

Those are the 2 addresses my money was sent to without me doing anything.

Judging by the fact that these two wallets hold a ton of money i think it is safe to assume that your computer is likely to be infected with malware as DannyHamilton said. Do NOT send any bitcoin or altcoin to wallets that you currently have on your computer, or your money may be gone.

Either factory reset your computer or install a good antivirus program to clean out the viruses, before you do anything else. As for the transactions, unfortunately they have confirmed and therefore is irreversible.
Knock91 (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 06:51:52 AM

Yes i accepted now that the money is gone. I factory reseted my computer now and changed all my passwords. I wont use the wallet at blockchain info anymore. I already got elsewhere an other one and everything just worked fine after the factory reset. Thanks to all of you for your help.
hello_good_sir

Activity: 1008
Merit: 531

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 09:31:09 AM

Yes i accepted now that the money is gone. I factory reseted my computer now and changed all my passwords. I wont use the wallet at blockchain info anymore. I already got elsewhere an other one and everything just worked fine after the factory reset. Thanks to all of you for your help.

That just confirms that you were infected by a virus and not some kind of bug on blockchain.info's end. I'm still using my personal blockchain.info wallet without any issues. Unfortunately, the hacker just got the better of you this time.

Next time, avoid this by always having an up to date OS, install all patches, have an antivirus. I personally use a mac so i don't need to worry about much since most viruses target windows, but i still carry out these procedures to safeguard my funds. Bitcoin is irreversible, so you should always put the safety of your funds first.

jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 04:53:23 PM

I responded to your PM. It is possible you were infected by a virus.

If you're using Windows, can you press run, type cmd and then run the netstat command. This may expose your IP and other personal information so if you want you can PM this.
Knock91 (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 12:25:27 AM

I personally dont think that it was a virus. I mean i logged in several times into my bankaccount too and there was everything fine. But maybe on the other side its easier to steal your btcs than your "real money". Maybe i just got hacked and thats it. Either way for me the wallet at blockchaininfo is dead.
Hamphser

Activity: 2520
Merit: 331

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 02:52:19 AM

I personally dont think that it was a virus. I mean i logged in several times into my bankaccount too and there was everything fine. But maybe on the other side its easier to steal your btcs than your "real money". Maybe i just got hacked and thats it. Either way for me the wallet at blockchaininfo is dead.
No, blockchain isnt dead since its being used for how many thousands of bitcoin users since this wallet is easy to use when it comes to online transactions you are just unlucky to get hacked by someone. They do have your logged in information which supposedly you do get from virus or keylogger. Ive been using this for years now and i dont have experience such problem on losing funds.For now reformat your pc install antivirus then dont tend to download random things on internet.You can say that you dont have virus but actually its just sitting down there on your pc without any knowledge or awareness.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 03:22:03 PM

No, blockchain isnt dead since its being used for how many thousands of bitcoin users since this wallet is easy to use when it comes to online transactions you are just unlucky to get hacked by someone. They do have your logged in information which supposedly you do get from virus or keylogger. Ive been using this for years now and i dont have experience such problem on losing funds.For now reformat your pc install antivirus then dont tend to download random things on internet.You can say that you dont have virus but actually its just sitting down there on your pc without any knowledge or awareness.

Im not sure it's a keylogger as you have to authenticate whenever you log in through email (check the security log of your email op to see if there's anything there of other IP addresses that have been used)?
2FA is always a good idea to enable along with IP restrictions.

If you have a good enough antivirus, you shouldn't need to go to the hassle of reinstalling the OS. Just run a full system scan from it and any .exe files it finds to be dangerous or not very well known, it'll destroy/quarantine them for you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: