Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 10:27:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PPC] PPC Marketplace Trading PPC<->XPM  (Read 5549 times)
Sunny King (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 02:25:02 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2013, 02:45:46 AM by Sunny King

This marketplace is intended to encourage our users to trade using PPC as a currency.

Now limited testing of minimum functionality at
http://ppcoin.org/market

Support posting buy/sell offers for given asset type.

Support user created asset types.

If you are a new altcoin supporter you are welcome to trade it with ppcoin in this marketplace.

Please note: the marketplace is intended to address user-to-user trading, currently only support trading among bitcointalk forum users. More features would be introduced to better support user trading. It is not meant to be an all-inclusive marketplace like amazon/ebay. We do not manage user accounts/personal information.

Please exercise care and common sense when trading with other forum users. We are not responsible for your loss due to trading dispute/scam. The offers listed on the marketplace should not be interpreted as contract obligation, please contact the listing user for further information.

Please report bugs in this thread.

Have fun!

Update: rating thread is up at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241054.0

Update: XPM<->PPC trading start
matauc12

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 04:07:39 AM

I went ahead and broke the ice.
calian

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 05:39:50 AM

Sunny have you seen the NashX exchange? It seems like a safer way for parties to trade than the old web of trust model though not as flexible as an intelligent escrow agent. http://nashx.com/About
aikklond
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 05:40:48 AM

Very good work, Keep it up!
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 06:08:31 AM

Sorry but what is this ? Captchas ?

d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 6548

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 06:54:24 PM

How can I prevent that someone is placing fake sell/buy orders with my forum user name?

I was able to enter the site "stealing" the identity of other forum users and even with ficticious names. For testing purposes only, obviously. There should really be some kind of authentication.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Sunny King (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 08:28:42 PM

How can I prevent that someone is placing fake sell/buy orders with my forum user name?

I was able to enter the site "stealing" the identity of other forum users and even with ficticious names. For testing purposes only, obviously. There should really be some kind of authentication.

Right, you can't. You can cancel the fake listings if it happens to you. This feature of ppcoin.org is only meant to be a place to help PPC users to trade with each other, more like a replacement for google doc plus sort of classified ads. Let's see how much of a demand there is first, so that developers can decide whether it's worthwhile to invest in creating full-fledged marketplace solutions.
Sunny King (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 08:32:38 PM

Sunny have you seen the NashX exchange? It seems like a safer way for parties to trade than the old web of trust model though not as flexible as an intelligent escrow agent. http://nashx.com/About

Thanks for the heads up, I will closely watch the development of alternative trading platforms.
sahkan

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 09:17:37 PM

OK, I must admit this one just went by me like a super fast train. What's the point of this marketplace if we have about 100K in volume on BTC-E? Unfortunately I think this project is waste of time atm. I would rather see an updated client than this...
Sunny King (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 06:42:33 PM

Onecoin trading open at PPC Marketplace (http://ppcoin.org/market)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=238604.0

Feel free to add your favorite new altcoin for trading at PPC Marketplace.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 6548

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:58:31 PM

I have added the Argentine Peso as I can sell PPC in Argentina. If you are interested, feel free to contact me by PM!

The price is negotiable.

----

Estoy vendiendo PPC por pesos argentinos, en efectivo y por transferencia. Si estás interesado, mandame un mensaje personal!

El precio se puede negociar, estoy dispuesto a vender PPC a un precio 10 % menor al precio en pesos del Bitcoin utilizando como referencia en http://mercado-bitcoin.com.ar y http://btc-e.com, para incentivar el uso de este coin innovador en Argentina Wink

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
calian

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 07:51:15 PM

Was thinking this might be more appropriately called a Classifieds Marketplace.
Sunny King (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 08:00:13 PM

With a reputation system it should work similar to the bitcoin-otc market.

Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 08:58:29 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2013, 09:23:33 PM by Transisto

With a reputation system it should work similar to the bitcoin-otc market.

This should have been announced when completed.

Or when there is a benefit to using it.

Take Weexchange CAD/BTC pair,  It has an awesome interface, it has no trade fee, lowest cost / fastest interac transfer ($).

In fact it's better than every other canadian exchange.  Nobody use it because,,,, nobody used it.

This PPC market has been burned, almost nobody who went to look into it in it's current state will never come back to see it ever.

THE FEES, Do you realize the captchas you're asking us to solve cost us something,, too much, Personally I'd rather pay 50c then to bend by brain trying to read these.

This is a failure on so many level I wonder why it hasn't affected the PPC price, maybe it just couldn't go much lower.
Sunny King (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 09:23:02 PM

Hmm I understand you have some concerns with this feature, it wasn't meant to be something big that gonna suck me in, because my main job is to innovate in cryptocurrency and maintain ppc network instead of running crypto ebay. It exists just to help our users so other developers good at ebay stuff can take notice.
hl5460
Legendary

Activity: 1620

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 09:44:09 PM

Hmm I understand you have some concerns with this feature, it wasn't meant to be something big that gonna suck me in, because my main job is to innovate in cryptocurrency and maintain ppc network instead of running crypto ebay. It exists just to help our users so other developers good at ebay stuff can take notice.
PPC is indeed very innovative. Great job and really appreciate the effort in maintaining PPC. I am currently mining , buying and holding PPC.
2 questions about the marketplace.
1. captcha couldn't display on chrome browser, any way to fix it?
2. the marketplace serves as a way to express one's (bitcointalk user) desire to trade instead of the actual trading like other exchange. is that right?

Sunny King (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 10:23:12 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2013, 10:42:59 PM by Sunny King

PPC is indeed very innovative. Great job and really appreciate the effort in maintaining PPC. I am currently mining , buying and holding PPC.
2. the marketplace serves as a way to express one's (bitcointalk user) desire to trade instead of the actual trading like other exchange. is that right?

Thanks for the compliments  Smiley

1. I tested it on chrome (windows 7) it appears working for me. Any particular setting you are using?
2. Yes it's like the bitcoin-otc market or the google doc 'exchanges', offers are not binding until traded privately between forum users. I generally avoid involving myself in any exchange/wallet/bank business that manage user funds as that would interfere with my job as ppc's lead developer.
Sunny King (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 03:16:19 AM

Bitgem (BTG) is now traded at marketplace.

Also In response to feedbacks I will reduce the captcha requirement to ease the manual labor to post in the marketplace.

hl5460
Legendary

Activity: 1620

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 10:07:40 PM

Thanks for the compliments  Smiley

1. I tested it on chrome (windows 7) it appears working for me. Any particular setting you are using?
2. Yes it's like the bitcoin-otc market or the google doc 'exchanges', offers are not binding until traded privately between forum users. I generally avoid involving myself in any exchange/wallet/bank business that manage user funds as that would interfere with my job as ppc's lead developer.

Thanks for the answer!
I guess captcha thing was due to the plug-ins of my chrome. I could use IE Tab to view the marketplace and I shall stop complaining google...

Sunny King (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 02:17:39 AM

Captcha requirement is now lowered. It should be easier to use now.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: