Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:24:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A case study in entry-level mining  (Read 53518 times)
isimme

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 05:38:52 PM

I don't know what planet you are from, but I've never thought it was fun to lose money on an investment I made.

Sell the mining items you have now, and hope some noob is dumb enough to buy them without doing their research.  Kinda like what you did.

timk225 you are not helping anyone here
and are not making yourself look good.

LogicalUnit invested essentially what was probably
a disposable sum of money. In return he's derived
fun doing a hobby, sharing with the community,
supporting the BTC network,
and longterm as far as fiat in/out will make money
if he stays in longterm holding the BTC
that he has mined.

What have you done,
besides point out the obvious
and totally miss the true value
of this experiment/experience?

If I was able to help you in anyway, tips are appreciated:
1A1RcqRKdApT4ViLmZcdDBES8rov3zjMYp
Zakryze

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 06:11:11 PM

the true value of this experiment is to warn others to not make the same mistakes.
apart from that the value of the investment is going to be negative.
Stop wasting energy on worthless mining please unless its 100% green energy and its still a waste then. Dont you get it? this planet is not going to be better with everyone wasting energy everywhere and telling himself its a good thing just because its related to bitcoins. Please use or brainpower, if you had kept your coins it would have been more profitable and less harmful to the planet. Mine only if it's sustainable.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

SNttx1hwtpf8TQEK7ZBojcvQrDmBaz9QPK SFC Addy
xselam1988

Activity: 59

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 03:46:07 AM

I don't know what planet you are from, but I've never thought it was fun to lose money on an investment I made.

Sell the mining items you have now, and hope some noob is dumb enough to buy them without doing their research.  Kinda like what you did.

timk225 you are not helping anyone here
and are not making yourself look good.

LogicalUnit invested essentially what was probably
a disposable sum of money. In return he's derived
fun doing a hobby, sharing with the community,
supporting the BTC network,
and longterm as far as fiat in/out will make money
if he stays in longterm holding the BTC
that he has mined.

What have you done,
besides point out the obvious
and totally miss the true value
of this experiment/experience?

Yea, I kinda lose money mining.
Does anyone here dare to say they never lose money when mining?
AValon, BFL, KNC or cointerra never and never will earn you money.
But the point is that when I goto my garage I felt so happy spending all night tweaking and optimizing my gadgets.
xTachibana

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 05:10:28 AM

the true value of this experiment is to warn others to not make the same mistakes.
Stop wasting energy on worthless mining please unless its 100% green energy and its still a waste then. Dont you get it? this planet is not going to be better with everyone wasting energy everywhere and telling himself its a good thing just because its related to bitcoins. Please use or brainpower, if you had kept your coins it would have been more profitable and less harmful to the planet. Mine only if it's sustainable.

are you a hippy? you are using the internet, stop wasting energy, dont be a hypocrite.

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
AndrewWilliams

Activity: 182

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 06:01:24 AM

How the hell did this turn into a debate about green energy?

This topic of entry-level mining, is quickly becoming Obama-fied.
Zakryze

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 10:41:53 AM

are you a hippy? you are using the internet, stop wasting energy, dont be a hypocrite.

i have a green supplier you fool and therefor support the green revolution so dont call me a hypocrite you fool.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

SNttx1hwtpf8TQEK7ZBojcvQrDmBaz9QPK SFC Addy
LogicalUnit (OP)

Activity: 299

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 05:06:28 AM

The Fast And The Furious

Three new Blue Fury ASICs arrived in the post today. After a lot of fiddling, I got them working beside my 10 Block Erupters in a third DUB-H7.

More here:

http://minepeon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=563&start=10
LogicalUnit (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 06:20:46 AM

Grrr, I'm having lots of stability issues running three hubs from the RPi's two USB ports. I've removed one hub, so now I'm running 5x USB Erupters and 3x Blue Fury ASICs (+1 wireless dongle)
tom_o

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 12:12:08 AM

Grrr, I'm having lots of stability issues running three hubs from the RPi's two USB ports. I've removed one hub, so now I'm running 5x USB Erupters and 3x Blue Fury ASICs (+1 wireless dongle)

The pi's USB out is from a hub anyway. Try plugging the hub that will be daisy chained into the very first port of one of the hubs.
LogicalUnit (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 02:43:03 AM

The pi's USB out is from a hub anyway. Try plugging the hub that will be daisy chained into the very first port of one of the hubs.

Good suggestion but I still get two unstable Block Erupters when this happens.
LogicalUnit (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 03:05:16 AM

Woohoo, I think I've got it all working. The trick was to put only 3 ASICs in the daisy-chained hub.
LogicalUnit (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:45:53 AM

I was right

BitCoin just hit AUD$870. If I had not reinvested, I would have made a profit. Not as much as if I'd just bought and held BTC, but all the naysayers about never achieving ROI have been -- suddenly -- proven wrong. My original prediction that the price of BTC would go up as more people adopted it was spot on.
Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:02:25 AM

I was right

BitCoin just hit AUD$870. If I had not reinvested, I would have made a profit. Not as much as if I'd just bought and held BTC, but all the naysayers about never achieving ROI have been -- suddenly -- proven wrong. My original prediction that the price of BTC would go up as more people adopted it was spot on.

Go with your gut.  Smiley
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:25:31 AM

I was right

Well that was never in doubt for me price rising a lot that is Smiley
Congrats on Making ROI XD

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
madcratebuilder

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:45:39 PM

How the hell did this turn into a debate about green energy?

This topic of entry-level mining, is quickly becoming Obama-fied.

Coffee on my monitor!  That's funny!

I'm a noob, so what.  If I had listened to all these nay sayers about never getting roi I would not have started mining 3 months ago.  Fuck roi, I've made a profit and everything is paid for.  I've sold the btc's I have mined, paid for all equipment.  The equipment is worth as much if not more than I paid for it.  It's win win dixie.  As difficulty increases so does the value of btc's, it's a wash.
AndrewWilliams

Activity: 182

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:22:58 AM

Coffee on my monitor!  That's funny!

I'm a noob, so what.  If I had listened to all these nay sayers about never getting roi I would not have started mining 3 months ago.  Fuck roi, I've made a profit and everything is paid for.  I've sold the btc's I have mined, paid for all equipment.  The equipment is worth as much if not more than I paid for it.  It's win win dixie.  As difficulty increases so does the value of btc's, it's a wash.

Congrats! That's what it's all about - listening to your gut.  Cheesy
LogicalUnit (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 01:46:14 AM

Sell, sell, sell

Just sold my 10 block erupters for 0.035 BTC each plus shipping. I'm left with 3 Blue Fury ASICs, mining at 6,427 MH/s.
tagged

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 05:39:40 PM

Yea, I kinda lose money mining.
Does anyone here dare to say they never lose money when mining?
AValon, BFL, KNC or cointerra never and never will earn you money.
But the point is that when I goto my garage I felt so happy spending all night tweaking and optimizing my gadgets.

HAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA   I really did start laughing when I read this!  so funny what people "know"   Smiley

I got into mining for fun and to sell hardware, but yes, you can make money with those products.  Not sure i would buy the next wave of 2Th machines...   I would guess we will be at 5 billion by the end of 3rd q. would LOVE to be wrong tho
kabopar

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:57:13 AM

Hi LogicalUnit,
I have been following your mining blog, and learnt some things from your lessons.  Following a similar path here, although started with GPUs, then BE's, then BF's and now augmented by some Drillbit miners (An Aussie product from Sydney!).
Enjoy your journey (and ignore the nay-Sayers).

Cheers
LogicalUnit (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 02:21:44 AM

Stability Improvements

I've been having some issues with instability, and I'm pretty sure it's related to my wireless connection. I've rejigged my home network and the RPi now has a wired connection. Hooray!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: