Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 10:40:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [Pre-ICO] [MinCap Hit] [AMA] view.ly - A decentralized Video Platform  (Read 1901 times)
viewly (OP)

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 10:22:59 PM

am i understand this right that 50% is going to investors and 50% going to the founders of the project?
So if the coin cap will be 100M, in this case that means 50M could be bought by investors and other 50M of coins will be help by view.ly founders?

No.

Here is a current distribution proposal (from the whitepaper):

Up to 18% is for the team, but this is not by any means immediate. This distribution will take place over years, and will involve people that are yet to join Viewly (and will help it grow to the next level).

At this time, founders and team are receiving 0% of the tokens. Our vesting starts after the main ICO, and we will only allocate a smaller portion of 18%, such that we have plenty of room left for future organizational growth.

Who will be in control of this 3% bounty, 9% supporters, 20% creators coins? On which contract this coins will be held and will view.ly founders be having a keys to that contract?

These tokens don't exist at the moment. Their issuance and transfers will be made trough evolving smart contract system. Currently, the core team represents the quorum of decision makers, however this is open for change as the project grows.

Who will be in control of this 3% bounty, 9% supporters, 20% creators coins when those coins will be created? Why cant you just get straight answer to my question? Why the difficult sentence forming? To confuse people? We are not playing politics here. Please answer as simple as you can.

> Who will be in control of this 3% bounty, 9% supporters, 20% creators coins? On which contract this coins will be held and will view.ly founders be having a keys to that contract?

Initially, yes.

lilaj4de

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:25:20 PM

Do have to register to be on the list to buy tokens? Or is this list just for the pre-ico and will  still have to register?
TudorOzy

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 10:30:25 PM

Do have to register to be on the list to buy tokens? Or is this list just for the pre-ico and will  still have to register?

There is no whitelist, anyone can join ( except usa and china) also check if it's legal.in your country of residence 👍
tomboi

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:39:14 PM

I this some kind of video service hosting just as youtube? If this is some kind like it, then its nice to have this kind of services combined with crypto currency.
coin_pwr

Activity: 24

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:57:52 PM

Hyped about this. ICO is looking great so far!
viewly (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 11:33:27 PM

I this some kind of video service hosting just as youtube? If this is some kind like it, then its nice to have this kind of services combined with crypto currency.

Yes, the two main branches of the project are the serverless video transcoding, decentralized storage and cdn marketplace and the cryptocurrency enabled monetization models.
The former is technically more challenging, and less critical for the time being, so after spending some time on prototyping and attempting to figure out all relevant challenges, we've decided to postpone it for now.

The main focus of the Viewly project in 2017 and 2018 will be content monetization and creator onboarding.
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 12:57:50 AM

How will you move from STEEM to EOS and how will this ETH tokens move in this mix?

yolo
deimus

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 08:48:33 AM

Yes, the two main branches of the project are the serverless video transcoding, decentralized storage and cdn marketplace and the cryptocurrency enabled monetization models.
The former is technically more challenging, and less critical for the time being, so after spending some time on prototyping and attempting to figure out all relevant challenges, we've decided to postpone it for now.

The main focus of the Viewly project in 2017 and 2018 will be content monetization and creator onboarding.
In terms of monetization, do you have a plan to share the wealth fairly among the creators? Most platforms tend to have the top 1% or less making all the profits and then everyone else fighting over the scraps...
guster25

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 10:53:46 AM

Obviously you are not gonna compete with YT, that would be insane?
But what's your growth strategy then?
What kind of audience are you going to go after? Any specific niche?
How are you going to acquire users and keep them active?
TudorOzy

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 12:53:30 PM

Using frictionless payments and the ability to merchandise, will be content creators be able to:
1. Reward subscribers directly from the platform?
2. Create contests and have the ability to randomly select winners, using some kind of true random generator integrated into the blochchain, who achive certain tasks ( like watching the whole video, likes, watching certain videos per week, sharing the video, etc)?
eth_cad2

Activity: 11

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 05:56:49 PM

What are the plans for listing on exchanges?
viewly (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 07:27:28 PM

The strategy is to appeal to creators, and they would in turn bring their audiences.
viewly (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 07:31:07 PM

In terms of monetization, do you have a plan to share the wealth fairly among the creators? Most platforms tend to have the top 1% or less making all the profits and then everyone else fighting over the scraps...

The fairness advantage in Viewly stems from removal of conflict of interest between viewers and the ad revenue optimization.

As far as the revenue distribution goes, it will likely be some form of the power law.
viewly (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 07:33:53 PM

How will you move from STEEM to EOS and how will this ETH tokens move in this mix?

If Ethereum fails to become a feasible underlying platform in the future, the tokens will be exchange-able for the tokens on a different chain.
Ideally, all of the coins would be included in the genesis, but more realistically, a claiming faucet should be setup to make people whole after the launch.
guster25

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 08:46:33 PM

The strategy is to appeal to creators, and they would in turn bring their audiences.

By all means, I you don't need to reveal your whole game plan

For example I am planning to create content and probably create videos about crypto space.
Why should I use viewly instead of YouTube?
caroleshaw

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 09:41:10 AM

When do you plan to shift from steemit to ethereum blockchain? How long would it take?
TudorOzy

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 12:52:59 PM

Hi guys,
I know EOS is something that you are considering.
Now, in the whitepaper, you talk about how anyone can host their own videos or pay for someone , a hosting node, to host them at a low fee( hosting nodes compete in the  marketplace)
Dan Larimar was talking about EOS storage where anybody could host his video, thus guaranteeing the user a decentralized file redundancy.

As I understand it, the one who wsnts to upload a video, for example, will have it's tokens locked as long as he wants his file, in this case video, to he online.
If, at one point, he decides to delete the video, he gets his tokens unlocked and he is free to sell them.

How would this fit into Viewly?
Would this type of storage make the hosting nodes obsolete?
I see how this would work, for example, if the content creator would like to not host his files on his computer but on the EOS storage.
JJhardcore

Activity: 19

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 03:04:34 PM

Hey guys, I'm having trouble obtaining the purchased pre-ICO VIEW tolkens to MyEtherWallet. Don't you add a tolken, put in the VIEW contact address, put in VIEW for tolken symbol, and then put in 8 decimals??
JJhardcore

Activity: 19

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 03:15:54 PM

Hey guys, I'm having trouble obtaining the purchased pre-ICO VIEW tolkens to MyEtherWallet. Don't you add a tolken, put in the VIEW contact address, put in VIEW for tolken symbol, and then put in 8 decimals??

I keep getting the error "Not a valid ERC-20 token VIEW".  Cry
zulfi125

Activity: 1382
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 08:07:24 PM

in view.ly bounty is not working, how i can solve the bounty issue ?

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: