Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 10:01:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Polkadot  (Read 295 times)
MiddleFingerToTheMan (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:10:39 PM

I want to participate in this ICO but have a few concerns.
It seems similar to Dfinity, in that they want to link blockchains, However on the Dfinity website they clearly state that the native tokens should not be used for speculative purposes & that they may even be worthless in the future. I'm concerned that the native tokens for Polkadot (Atoms) may face the same fate but they haven't stated this on the website.

Secondly, there is a 2 year lock in period! I don't want to hold something for 2 years that may potentially be worthless.

Am I way off the mark on my assumption?
Any more info would be great.
Thanks.
godzillarekt007

Activity: 266
Merit: 106

Floki Robot

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:12:12 PM

Ya the 2 year lockup period thing has me just not wanting to participate in this ICO. I do not have the patience to wait that long (although it could be worth the wait) and I think it is possible in 2 years time

that Polkadot could be obsolete. Nothing these two factors makes me not want to invest at all, despite the fact their product and idea may be a good one come that time.

MiddleFingerToTheMan (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:25:17 PM

Ya the 2 year thing sucks, however i'm willing to wait as long as these tokens are not similar to dfinity's tokens (Not good for speculators), can someone clarify this?
Also USA & China are not allowed to participate in the ICO, which is the same as dfinity, raising my concerns that the token is similar to dfinity's
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: