Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:25:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the difference: ICOs,Token Sales,Token Launches,Token Generation Events?  (Read 166 times)
jmc03888 (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 08:26:08 PM

The names appear to be used interchangeably.

At Stayawhile, we are referring to our sale as a token sale.

I believe that the term ICO has become synonymous with offerings that have equity-like characteristics and so are more likely to be deemed a security, but I'm not sure if others share this understanding.

What's the consensus?

Check out: token.stayawhile.com
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PowerfulGuerilla

Activity: 54

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 01:54:37 PM

The names appear to be used interchangeably.

At Stayawhile, we are referring to our sale as a token sale.

I believe that the term ICO has become synonymous with offerings that have equity-like characteristics and so are more likely to be deemed a security, but I'm not sure if others share this understanding.

What's the consensus?

Check out: token.stayawhile.com

I see that too, but, in fact, I think they should not be mixed. ICO (initial coin offering) is used to demonstrate the amount of bitcoin/altcoin coins that could be created during the years, while token launch is used in relation to Ethereum to show how the construction of complex applications could be adjusted into this platform.
At the same time, token launch is mostly associated with terms like token sales, token generation events interchangeably.
hundi.online

Activity: 34

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 04:30:57 PM

An ICO is an Initial Coin Offering. Used by startups to bypass the rigorous and regulated capital-raising process required by venture capitalists or banks.

While A Token Sale or Token Launch refers to tokens generated using the Ethereum network. Token Sales combine the best aspects of traditional investment models and ICOs. These are sold for a service. If you want to know more about Token Sales, Launches and Generation check Hundi.online/token-sale/.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: