Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:09:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I import my "Watch Only" public key into an android app?  (Read 1207 times)
Paladin69 (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 04:30:47 AM

I have an Armory offline watch only wallet.  How does one import their public key into an Android app to check against the spot price without importing the private key?

Thanks.  And I apologize if this is the wrong forum to post this question.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 07:20:24 AM

I have an Armory offline watch only wallet.  How does one import their public key into an Android app to check against the spot price without importing the private key?

Which app? With blockchain.info simply import the BTC address and set as watch only. The instructions on the site are pretty clear.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
Paladin69 (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 11:19:29 PM

Which app? With blockchain.info simply import the BTC address and set as watch only. The instructions on the site are pretty clear.

Interesting.  I already use blockchain.info as my smaller spending wallet.  Is there another you would recommend for watch only?  I don't think I can have two blockchain apps.
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 09:36:47 AM

Interesting.  I already use blockchain.info as my smaller spending wallet.  Is there another you would recommend for watch only?  I don't think I can have two blockchain apps.

There's also: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.phase.wallet&hl=en
I haven't used it though.

I do it the other way around: blockchain.info to watch, BitcoinSpinner to spent.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
Paladin69 (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 05:54:21 AM

There's also: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.phase.wallet&hl=en
I haven't used it though.

I do it the other way around: blockchain.info to watch, BitcoinSpinner to spent.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll give these a try.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: