Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:37:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What does an ICO need to be successful?  (Read 1084 times)
admissions

Activity: 107
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:24:19 AM

It needs to be unique. If it is just copying some other ICO then why would it be successful? A good PR team would be beneficial too and maybe advertising via signature campaigns.
Harry1v

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:28:38 PM

Need a good white paper and a reliable team, and the most important thing is that they can do good things.
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

cryptonianz

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:31:39 PM

Whitepaper
Website
Team
Bounty
Money  Cool
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:35:29 PM

Well everything should be smooth, because a lot of scam ICO's and investors should be more careful on choosing ICO. The project should be more innovative and can compete to other big coins and the website, whitepaper should be more intact and the most important thing is they comply with the requirements of exchanges so investor will fully trust them.
Iminvest

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:43:27 PM

Good team and realistic concept.. for example ARtoken... I like how they work so far (the company who is behind the project, called Cappasity, they've already done a lot, so you can really see the work progress)... I also think their goals and concept look realistic 
totally agree! I would add about founders, that look at their past projects, well-known areas of their expertise... btw, the project you are toking about start their referral program... they pay 5% commission on every transaction you generate using your affiliate referral URL! You can sign up and promote the program at social networks. I'm thinking to join.. Do you want to join with me? You can find it at crowdsale portal - https://tokensale.cappasity.com

And question t everyone.. if I join to the referral program, could I put my referral in a signature here on the forum?

CTO@MyBitMine

Activity: 796
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:49:49 PM

There are so many factors for successful ICO, in my humble opinion first of all it must be good idea. Second important thing is good marketing, even the best idea anything without marketing. And third is good and proffesional team and advisors with good reputation.
Taskford

Activity: 2548
Merit: 795

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:08:36 PM

The ICO need a clean version of the white paper, good line up of the well experienced team and also a good road map so the investors and even their team will obey the project easily and the investor can easily see the progress of the ICO and that is what i really think that every ICO should have in order to become successful despite of the crowded ICO projects here.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
marekbartik

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:19:27 PM

Most of the important things were already mentioned here.
I'll just add

• Have everything prepared before the launch and have a detailed roadmap
  • Don't neglect PR, marketing, business, tech, legal. Have a great (experienced) team.
  • Have a perfect whitepaper but know that "nobody" will read it. Have a medium blog.
  • Don't be just online. Go to meetups, conferences, talk to investors and techies. Form a strong community.
  • Don't scam!

Also I find this article really helpful https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/9-mistakes-we-made-during-our-ico-and-how-to-overcome-them/
grbox2001

Activity: 119

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:23:13 PM

Good team and realistic concept.. for example ARtoken... I like how they work so far (the company who is behind the project, called Cappasity, they've already done a lot, so you can really see the work progress)... I also think their goals and concept look realistic 
totally agree! I would add about founders, that look at their past projects, well-known areas of their expertise... btw, the project you are toking about start their referral program... they pay 5% commission on every transaction you generate using your affiliate referral URL! You can sign up and promote the program at social networks. I'm thinking to join.. Do you want to join with me? You can find it at crowdsale portal - https://tokensale.cappasity.com

And question t everyone.. if I join to the referral program, could I put my referral in a signature here on the forum?

Guys! that's so true!!! I've spoken with some guys from VCs and other funds and all of them told me that the team is the most important thing even for them....some of them now also looking for promising ICOs, so they always choose it because of team
Titanos

Activity: 208

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:25:41 PM

I am wondering what you all believe what makes an ICO interesting and successful in the end?

Many factors:
- Innovant and useful idea
- Clear roadmap
- Solid team
- Marketing campaign
moamin77

Activity: 310
Merit: 102

JACS.tech

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:36:29 PM

Here is a nice article that includes every single point that should be present in the due diligence exercise for evaluating a certain ICO:

https://en.insider.pro/tutorials/2017-08-14/how-choose-ico-investors-guide/

Futureblnr

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:18:14 PM

I want to join this referral program but not sure I know how it works... I'm curious where could I find some guidance...
Iminvest

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:30:27 PM

I want to join this referral program but not sure I know how it works... I'm curious where could I find some guidance...

you just need to join and then promote the program at social networks. I don't know how to explain better.. maybe you can ask at their ann here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2135473.0
ValoremFoundation

Activity: 383

Valorem Foundation

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 03:32:57 PM

It's a small world with cryptos, who you have backing you seems to be the largest influencing factor. For example, Tezos and Tim Draper, or any coin that Blockchain Capital invests in. Something else is how many conferences the team goes to (Civic attends every conference!) having a nice website, with a great team also helps.
All it takes is that one name and all common sense goes out the window.

¯  ¯   LET'S THINK ABOUT THE FUTURE   ¯  ¯
www.AdValorem.io
Building a Reserve Lending platform for Multi-Party transactions across Various Industries.
|| Facebook || Twitter || Slack || Medium || Telegram || Reddit || Github
Michae1k

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:58:27 PM

I believe that project that can effect offline economy are more reliable and has big future.So Confideal is my choice.
Iminvest

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:23:26 PM

you just need to join and then promote the program at social networks. I don't know how to explain better.. maybe you can ask at their ann here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2135473.0

btw, the ICO has just started! Check this out https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2316185
Coldsnap4457

Activity: 98

STOCKBET TOKEN SALE OCT 29 - USABLE SOFTWARE TODAY

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:44:36 PM

It needs to prove that it can write software.

Most cannot.

btcbringer

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:53:06 PM

now i think a successful ico is what can make investors gain profit and do help to the real economic, so a outstanding technology team is needed and whats important is a strong capital, this will do great help to the price pump and which will attract more people to invest
sweetpeaches

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:53:09 AM

Really good team and a goal.
People will support a quality project.
I think Confideal is one of em.
stealth.money

Activity: 561
Merit: 255

Going stealthy