Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:47:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are we living in a simulation?  (Read 691 times)
Baconn (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 09:58:49 AM

Are we living in a computer simulation and if you found out somehow that indeed we are would you get out or stay in simulation?Reasons for both.
You do not know whats out there when you get out only that you can end this simulation.What are your thoughts on these subject?
I would get out because i would have a feeling that all of this is a lie, therefore, no reasons to stay here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
John547s3

Activity: 471
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 01:40:31 PM

no bro although it is really a simulation but it is as real and right as it should be Wink
check here for thesis of ultimate reality https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2221444.msg22597112#msg22597112
Boseda

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 01:44:58 PM

There are many people who truly believe that we're living in a simulation.
Maybe the most famous of them is African entrepreneur Elon Musk.

Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0KHiiTtt4w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZgBcRhGPqs
DHORBUNOV

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 01:47:57 PM

we do not live in the other direction in not ordinary world, though the world of course and hell
Nalbo

Activity: 870
Merit: 125

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 03:28:13 PM

We may never know. We don't know where our universe lies and we are not cable of knowing about our entire galaxy yet.
We can be living in the dust particle of a flying ball which when hits the ground, everything collapses.
granchio

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 03:35:40 PM

That topic reminded me the Rick and Morty episode which they were in a simulation  Grin And my answer is: NO. We are not in a simulation.
BlitzPredict

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 03:47:21 PM

Out of all the crazy theory out there, this one sticks in my brain, or the subroutine that is my brain.

No matter if we are or aren't, going on as usual seems to be the only play.
John547s3

Activity: 471
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 04:19:14 PM

no bro although it is really a simulation but it is as real and right as it should be Wink
check here for thesis of ultimate reality https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2221444.msg22597112#msg22597112

hi everybody, check this post carefully to understand ultimate reality of universe, soon this research paper will be out for world to see
Baconn (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 06:54:10 PM

We may never know. We don't know where our universe lies and we are not cable of knowing about our entire galaxy yet.
We can be living in the dust particle of a flying ball which when hits the ground, everything collapses.

Ok but maybe we never will know because we are in a simulation and therefore we would be somehow blocked to find out.
Or if we somehow manage to do that our world and everything we know will collapse as you said.This theory, it's one mean brain burner Grin
Baconn (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 07:03:24 PM

That topic reminded me the Rick and Morty episode which they were in a simulation  Grin And my answer is: NO. We are not in a simulation.

I love Rick and Morty, that episode reminded me too of this topic so i decided to share that here and to see what theories are out there Smiley
Why are you so sure about that? Grin
cryptjh

Activity: 532
Merit: 185

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 09:36:41 PM

Yes there are a chance, that all brains are connected to one super information block chain.
kylekyle2000

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 10:36:29 PM

No, we don't. While our life here on earth is fleeting, it is to prepare us and mold our characters for something far greater. Our freedom to choose through the gift of self awareness and self will proves that we are not automata with no self identity.

Blockshipping  ───────────────────────────────────────────   Whitepaper   Telegram   Github
██  Transforming The Global Container Shipping Industry   ███████████████             Twitter     Facebook         
The ICO starts 14 May 2018 at 2 pm CET  ────────────────────   Reddit   Medium   ANN Thread  
angel55

Activity: 630
Merit: 172

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 11:35:24 PM

No one could really ever prove it.  If a type 3 advanced civilization wanted to run simulations like this, they could easily do it.

I've seen videos of supposed "errors " in the matrix where things look glithy in real lif
Kavallo

Activity: 395
Merit: 129

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 08:49:02 PM

It have been suggested by people who uses computers, so it is just another antropomorphism. And even it it would be so, it would be irrelevant.
VTOS.IO

Activity: 157

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 02:54:27 AM

Maybe i hope no i love my son and if is a simulation is the best ever i love my life

V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network         
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  SEP 24th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
Baconn (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:41:06 AM

It have been suggested by people who uses computers, so it is just another antropomorphism. And even it it would be so, it would be irrelevant.

Well...you need to get the idea from somewhere Grin There has to be a spark from something.
It is suggested by them maybe but a lot of other people, who are not heavy computer users, are thinking of that simulation theory too.
Not saying its 100% true but still thinking of it.
Seyrauloh207608

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:48:54 AM

No we are not in a simulation... we are not in the matrix either.... you've been watching too much the Matrix Trilogy bro  Grin
LivingDeath

Activity: 443
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 12:48:05 PM

There is a high probability it is a simulation. Nature scientists speculate about this, because there are some mistakes in our world, for example light speed isn`t infinetely. So in a real world synchronisity would be really synchron, but in our world it isn`t, it`s just fake synchronisity. I read this in an article in a science magacine and there were more examples like this for mistakes in our world and they have all in common to save lots of computing-power when simulating a world, like cheap tricks in game-programming.
Also our world is made of information. If you go deeper and deeper, matter doesn`t really exist, the only thing you will find is a possibility-field with the information that there should be matter. Just information.
And if we will have the computing-power to simulate a world, we will do it. AI-creatures in that world will not know that it is a simulation and if they evolve, they also will create a simulation of their world.
How high is the probability that we are the first ones who do this? It`s very very small.  Wink
cryptowatch

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:24:35 PM

No one could really ever prove it.  If a type 3 advanced civilization wanted to run simulations like this, they could easily do it.
I've seen videos of supposed "errors " in the matrix where things look glithy in real lif
What kind of glitches do you mean? You've encountered them  Tongue ?
letibia80

Activity: 52

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 02:32:42 PM

could also be. can we start over again?
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: